Multiple supercoach teams

Started by quinny88, March 27, 2012, 02:39:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Impromptu

I am currently ranked 104,725 and only have one team.

I had had 3 top 200 finishes and 1 top 1,000 finish with my 8 rookie midfield.  I will back myself to do well. 

Even if I do sh1t and finish ranked 300,000 I know played by the rules.

Each to their own, of course.

GlassHarmonium

does it really matter if you have acouple of supercoach teams to test out afew different things, have different players in different teams... who really gives a sh!t

upthemaidens

Quote from: GlassHarmonium on April 04, 2012, 07:33:19 PM
does it really matter if you have acouple of supercoach teams to test out afew different things, have different players in different teams... who really gives a sh!t
u mean apart from the fact thats its cheating?

SonsOfZeus

Quote from: upthemaidens on April 04, 2012, 07:35:01 PM
u mean apart from the fact thats its cheating?

nah brah just helpin mum,dad,nan,pop ansd a couple of aunties uncles and cousins with their team 8)

GlassHarmonium

I don't consider it cheating just making the most of it

bowyanger

All us that play by the rules give a sh!t.

You get 1 chance to get it right, its what research rewards, to help get it right the 1st time.

Let alone the fact that it detracts from the rest of rest of us honest coaches via the psyche out feature as those with multiple teams would be less enthusiastic about the competition.

If you want to have multiple teams, have your own private league where you can play with yourself, where no one else will be affected by your selfish, cheating style of play

More than likely you wont find it so fun then...like the rest of us having to play with cheats

upthemaidens

Quote from: GlassHarmonium on April 04, 2012, 07:44:09 PM
I don't consider it cheating just making the most of it
you can spin it however you want.  doesnt change the fact that its not only cheating according to the SC terms&conditions, but its also goes against fair sportsmanship .
   like shouting during someones swing in golf, its not the "right"thing to do

Colliwobblers

im not sure what the actual "rules" are. But the ethics of it all are pretty clear = 1 serious team, i don't think there is much harm in fun teams like all rooks all over 30's random ect which are GENUINELY no threat to the top 50K or so.

BUT having say 2 or more teams in the top 1000 or even 10000 is a bit rough on all the other serious single teams out there i think, just an opinion but i think one team SERIOUS TEAM per person is the right thing.

not about to judge others but i'd have to side with the purists who say 1 team only :)

Doesn't upset me personaly unfortunately because i'm not a huge threat of taking home the cash anyway.

What i think is total BS tho is making extra teams to take out weekly prizes, thats a bit shower i reckon.

AND to finish my rant, I prefer to be able to post my team and score even if not great at least i have my only team and can say im ranked 4millionth and its not some second or third team i have to hide away and cant brag OR whinge about publicly

GlassHarmonium

I have two completely different teams which are in private leagues with my mates, im not going to win the whole thing hence i do not see myself as a cheat for doing this...I also do not make teams just for weekly prize. Am i a cheat?

bowyanger

Quote from: GlassHarmonium on April 04, 2012, 08:00:19 PM
I have two completely different teams which are in private leagues with my mates, im not going to win the whole thing hence i do not see myself as a cheat for doing this...I also do not make teams just for weekly prize. Am i a cheat?

Yes....your not abiding by the rules...jeez.....how hard is it?

upthemaidens

Quote from: GlassHarmonium on April 04, 2012, 08:00:19 PM
yes you are a cheat.   just cause you dont think you will win a prize, doesnt matter..
           ...answer me this.   if you do jag a weekly prize and SC get hold of ya to give you $1K, are you gunna tell them you have more than one account and not accept the money?

Colliwobblers

ultimate footy has the ability to have 5 teams on the one account, supercoach has the ability to have one team on the one account (email) so i guess thats the rules.

Your most probably not a bad person :) or aiming to win anything (or you could have 10000000 teams) not just 2, but sounds like the rule is 1.

with the ability to be in 5 leagues there is probably no justification for the second team, but hey don't stress maybe just make one next season :)

I guess the thing that makes people angry is if your say 10,000th both teams are arounfd that rank just say, and my team is 11,000th then you are pushing me down a spot by having two teams, and if EVERYONE from 1st to 10,000th had just 2 teams then my real rank shouldnt be 11,000th it should be 6000th, if you had 5 teams up there and so on and so on, you see.....

upthemaidens

Quote from: Colliwobblers on April 04, 2012, 08:08:56 PM
ultimate footy has the ability to have 5 teams on the one account, supercoach has the ability to have one team on the one account (email) so i guess thats the rules.

Your most probably not a bad person :) or aiming to win anything (or you could have 10000000 teams) not just 2, but sounds like the rule is 1.

with the ability to be in 5 leagues there is probably no justification for the second team, but hey don't stress maybe just make one next season :)

I guess the thing that makes people angry is if your say 10,000th both teams are arounfd that rank just say, and my team is 11,000th then you are pushing me down a spot by having two teams, and if EVERYONE from 1st to 10,000th had just 2 teams then my real rank shouldnt be 11,000th it should be 6000th, if you had 5 teams up there and so on and so on, you see.....
the thing is colli.  if people have two,then basically the doors open to have 50 teams 100 teams because theres no difference.
  i suggested in a thread that DT/SC should allow 3 or 5 teams on one account, but only the first team actually would count for prizes and overall rankings and such.   so that way coaches can play in more than 1 cash league and experiment with set-ups,stategy or whatever.

BlackMamba

I think you would get caught if you had 50 accounts coming from the same IP address.  Anyway, the way I see it is that I have one team and only want the 1 team because my name is attached to that account and by making up other accounts under other family/false names it wouldn't be my achievement. Winning the money would be nice but I am here to do the best I can and gain that achievement for myself. I experiment with my DT team.

Colliwobblers

agree with that maidens about the elligibility of prizes but still messes with everyones ranking having multiple teams, each to his own, i'm not going to call anyone a cheat or rant and rave but just saying i think 1 only is the way to go especially given there are 4 (5) last year different comps similar to play around with in DT, SC, Sportsbet, VS Sportal, and last year YAHOO.

PLus if you love it so much like freaks like me there is the draft stlye dt pro sc gold and ultimate footy...