The 2012 FanFooty AFL/VFL Trivia Quiz! (Round 3 Q's are up!)

Started by c4v3m4n, March 26, 2012, 11:40:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

c4v3m4n

Hey everyone...

...sorry for my absence the past couple of days, but it's been out of my control. The bad cold that I had last week got worse, requiring me to go to the hospital, where I was told that it could be pneumonia. :-\

A chest x-ray and a blood test later confirmed the worst, but after a couple days of observation and awesome drugs, I've been sent home to rest up and get better. :D (Also means, I will be on very sparingly)

I know you are all anxious about the questions for Round 2, but luckily, I have them right here. :)

Since the questions have been released a couple of days late, the lockout will now be 11:59pm SATURDAY night.

As for the ladder, I'll hold it in suspense until the end of this round. ;)

Right, questions away!!

Round 2: It's All About the Stadiums

Easy Questions (worth 1 point each)

Question 1. What is Brisbane Cricket Ground more commonly known as?

Question 2. Which AFL ground has the second highest capacity?

Question 3. Which of the following is the odd one out?

A. Shell Stadium
B. Simmonds Stadium
C. Samsung Stadium
D. Skilled Stadium

Question 4. Name three stadiums that are no longer in use by the AFL/VFL.

Question 5. In what year did Docklands Stadium host its first match?

A. 2000
B. 1995
C. 1990
D. 1985

Question 6. What stadium will host its first ever AFL match this weekend between North Melbourne and GWS?

Medium Questions (worth 2 points each)

Question 7. Which state is home to the most AFL grounds that are used ONLY in the H&A season?

Question 8. Which player has kicked the most goals at Subiaco Oval?

A. Quinten Lynch
B. Jeff Farmer
C. Philip Matera
D. Matthew Pavlich

Question 9. True or False. The Brisbane Cricket Ground has never hosted a sell-out AFL match.

Question 10. According to the laws of Australian football, What are the minimum dimensions of an AFL ground?

A. 75m wide by 110m long
B. 68m wide by 122m long
C. 110m wide by 135m long
D. 135m wide by 135m long

Hard Questions (each worth 3 points)

Question 11. Which player has played at the most venues?

A. Robert Harvey
B. Doug Hawkins
C. Michael Tuck
D. Paul Salmon

Question 12. In what year is the AFL expected to take ownership of Etihad Stadium?

A. 2020
B. 2025
C. 2030
D. 2035

Super Hard Question (worth 5 points!)

Question 13. Name one of the original proposed sites for the MCG.

Fletch74

Gee, I hope you're ok C4 :\

Some good questions above, I'll answer them later :)

CrowsFan

Damn those questions are tough. From the easy ones I can only confidently answer 2 :o

Don't think I will be going well this week when I get around to answering them...

Justin Bieber

Rusty00

I missed last week, but would still like to enter if that's possible.

Just to clarify, does Question 7 relate only to stadiums currently used by the AFL? (will be used in 2012?)

Torpedo10

I'll answer the Questions later c4. Number 12 is really hard, will have to take a Guess.  ???

PowerBug

Quote from: Torpedo10 on April 04, 2012, 02:56:22 PM
I'll answer the Questions later c4. Number 12 is really hard, will have to take a Guess.  ???
lol, does that sound suspicious to anyone else, or just me?? I just read the questions, and answer them during class. ;D

bomberboy0618

ossie85

klankers

Spite

Easy questions were pretty good, but lucky enough questions 8-12 were MC or True/false, which made them more reasonable :O

Feel better soon c4 :)

Mat0369

With question 4 of the easy questions is it referring to matches or not used at all (training)?

I answered it according to stadiums that no longer host matches.

Justin Bieber

Quote from: Mat0369 on April 04, 2012, 06:09:22 PM
With question 4 of the easy questions is it referring to matches or not used at all (training)?

Yes my question two?

Torpedo10

Quote from: PowerBug on April 04, 2012, 04:09:09 PM
Quote from: Torpedo10 on April 04, 2012, 02:56:22 PM
lol, does that sound suspicious to anyone else, or just me?? I just read the questions, and answer them during class. ;D
Mate, Just saying I'm not confident. I THINK I know the answer but not sure. :-\

c4v3m4n

Quote from: Mat0369 on April 04, 2012, 06:09:22 PM

To clarify question 4, it's any ground that has hosted an AFL/VFL match in the past.

Quote from: Rusty00 on April 04, 2012, 01:32:23 PM
I missed last week, but would still like to enter if that's possible.

Just to clarify, does Question 7 relate only to stadiums currently used by the AFL? (will be used in 2012?)

Hi Rusty. You are more than welcome to join us. :) To clarify that question, it does include this season.