The 2012 FanFooty AFL/VFL Trivia Quiz! (Round 3 Q's are up!)

Started by c4v3m4n, March 26, 2012, 11:40:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

c4v3m4n

Quote from: CrowsFan on March 29, 2012, 05:43:22 PM
Quote from: Cookie Monster on March 29, 2012, 05:41:28 PM
Jack Trengove <3

pretty sure i didn't know what one of the answers were till you said it.
What has Trengove got to do with anything said in this thread so far? ???

Everything and nothing. :o

Cookie Monster

Quote from: c4v3m4n on March 29, 2012, 05:45:36 PM
Quote from: CrowsFan on March 29, 2012, 05:43:22 PM
Quote from: Cookie Monster on March 29, 2012, 05:41:28 PM
Jack Trengove <3

pretty sure i didn't know what one of the answers were till you said it.
What has Trengove got to do with anything said in this thread so far? ???

Everything and nothing. :o
If you had watched the footy show you would know.

he said one of the answers to the questions last night.

CrowsFan

Cookie Monster

Quote from: CrowsFan on March 29, 2012, 06:40:35 PM
Ah ok. Which question was that?
Which amount of disposals did Scott Thompson get against Gold Coast last year?

he said the answer.

CrowsFan

Oh haha. I already knew that being a crows supporter ;)

Torpedo10

Zombie2.5

My forum pic should be able to tell you the answer to Scotty thompsons question too. :D

nostradamus

hey c4, do you PM us with our scores or do we find out when you put up the ladder ?

c4v3m4n

Quote from: nostradamus on March 29, 2012, 11:40:52 PM
hey c4, do you PM us with our scores or do we find out when you put up the ladder ?

Normally I will PM you your score for the week once you have locked your answers in.

But I've been sick with a bad cold this week and haven't really had the chance to correct everyone's.

I've also got a pretty hectic weekend, so I'm afraid the ladder and your scores wont be released until Sunday morning at the earliest. :-\

However, the LOCKOUT FOR THIS WEEKS ANSWERS is still MIDNIGHT TONIGHT, and the answers will be posted Saturday morning, if that all makes sense.

Thank you to all those people who have sent me their answers so far. Looks like we are in for a big year of trivia! ;D ;D

Mat0369

c4v3m4n

Right. The first round deadline has PASSED. All answers that have been submitted are now locked in. Those that forgot to submit their answers, bad luck.

Time for the all important answers!! :D

As I have mentioned before, I will post the ladder for the first round on Sunday and PM you all your score.

Answers to Round 1: 2011 - A Retrospect

Easy Questions (worth 1 point each)

Question 1: Let's start off nice and easy. Who won the 2011 AFL Grand Final?

Answer: Oh, how I wish it was North. But it wasn't. It was Geelong.

Question 2: Who did Gold Coast defeat in order to bring up their first ever AFL win in the home-and-away season?

Answer: Thank god this one wasn't North. :P Port Adelaide were the unlucky team to first lose to Gold Coast.

Question 3: Which Collingwood player was found guilty of placing a bet on a fellow teammate?

A. Scott Pendlebury
B. Nick Maxwell
C. Nathan Bock
D. Heath Shaw

Answer: D. Heath Shaw, the silly boy.

Question 4: True or False? Chris Judd won his 2nd consecutive Brownlow Medal last year.

Answer: The umpires boy did not win it last year so it is FALSE.

Question 5: Who won the 2011 AFL Rising Star award?

Answer: Dyson Heppell, the star.

Question 6: What is the name of Gold Coast's home ground?

A. Microsoft Stadium
B. Metricon Stadium
C. Mobil Stadium
D. Multiplex Stadium

Answer: B. Metricon Stadium. Though I do like the sound of Multiplex Stadium.

Medium Questions (worth 2 points each)

Question 7: Name the six coaches that left their respective clubs by the end of the 2011 season.

Answer: Dean Bailey, Neil Craig, Mark Harvey, Ross Lyon, Mick Malthouse and Rodney Eade were the six coaches.

Question 8: Scott Thompson registered the most disposals against Gold Coast since Greg Williams in 1989. How many did he finish the game with?

A. 41
B. 46
C. 51
D. 56

Answer: Here's hoping he puts up another 51 disposal performance today. That's right, the answer is C. 51.

Question 9: In 2011, Adelaide commemorated their what anniversary since joining the AFL?

A. 15th
B. 20th
C. 25th
D. 30th.

Answer: In Round 1, 1991, Adelaide made their AFL debut. So, B. 20th. Also, unlike GWS and Gold Coast, Adelaide actually won their first match. What's more amazing is that the team they defeated would go on and win the flag. :o First person to tell me who Adelaide beat in their first match gets a bonus point.

Question 10: True or False? Collingwood finished with just 3 losses for the entire year (NAB Cup, H&A season, final series) and each were to Geelong.

Answer: Collingwood didn't lose any NAB Cup matches. They lost two H&A games, both to Geelong. Then came the Grand Final, were they would suffer their third loss for the entire year, AGAIN to Geelong. So amazingly, the answer is TRUE.

Hard Questions (each worth 3 points)

Question 11: Who kicked the first goal of the 2011 AFL H&A season?

A. Mitch Morton
B. Jeff Garlett
C. Eddie Betts
D. Dustin Martin

Answer: It's always the more unlucky person that kicks the first goal, like Birchall did tonight. A. Mitch Morton is the answer.

Question 12: What unique event took place in Round 7 of the H&A season?

A. Barry Hall became the first ever player to kick more than 100 goals with three different clubs.
B. It was the first time that at least one AFL match was played in every state in Australia.
C. Leigh Brown became the first player to play more than 50 games with three different clubs.
D. There was no game played in Western Australia.

Answer: Amazingly, all of these happened throughout the 2011 season. Though Leigh Brown was actual the second, not the first; crossing that out. Barry Hall managed that feat in Round 3, so that crosses him out. The first time at least one AFL match was played in every state (VIC, NSW, QLD, SA, WA, TAS) happened in Round 4, so that rules that out. Which leaves D!

Yep, it was the first time since Fremantle's inclusion into the AFL that there was no game in Western Australia. Richmond played Freo at the 'G and Essendon played West Coast at Etihad Stadium. Bummer for WA fans...

Super Hard Question (worth 5 points!)

Question 13: Who was taken with the very last pick in the 2011 Rookie Draft?

Answer: The super hard question lived up to it's name. No one got this right. The correct answer is Eugene Krueger from Sydney.

Thank you to all who participated this week, it's been a fantastic start!

Be sure to watch out for the ladder on Sunday and then it's Round 2 on Monday! :D

Fletch74

CrowsFan

Quote from: Fletch74 on March 31, 2012, 09:57:47 AM
Adelaide beat Hawthorn in its first game ;)
Gah you beat me too it. Guess that will teach me not to go to bed early for once ::)
Although I wouldn't have said "beat" them, I would have said smashed them and taught them a footballing lesson ;)

Justin Bieber

What? ??? I thought the question meant that did Geelong beat Collingwood once in NAB, once in H&A and once in Grand final  :-[

Damn I i had the right answer, but changed it  :-[