Now we know Parker + Mcdonald will miss ... change of strategy??

Started by mpollock, March 26, 2012, 11:11:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mpollock

So now we know McDonald is out for 2 and Parker will miss at least some games should we look at changing out strategy before the next lockout ...

We have a fair bit of flexibility still at the moment with only Syd and Giants players locked.

I have, for example, 4 guns in the mids + Parker, Mcdonald and then Sheil and Magner like a lot of teams.
Is it worth downgrading one of the 4 guns in the mids to someone like McCarthy or Masten ... and then upgrading Parker to a gun next week??

I would keep McDonald as i think he is going to be a good cash cow on his return.

What do you guys think?

SydneyRox

Silly.... hang onto parker, there is a chance he will only miss one game if you really think he is going to make you some money.

Otherwise wait until round 3 then pick up the midfield rookie you missed out on who is going to rise in price.

port2012

Haha one game in and ur stuffed. Jokes
I only went for 3 gun mids

mpollock

The winner last year burnt almost all his trades by round 14 ... would be trigger happy to trade out Parker and McDonald ... hard to win overall however if you sit with Parker and McDonald on the pine for two weeks!

Other option could be to "trade" (still for nothing as they are not locked) ... my 4th midfielder down to a mid pricer and Magner up to another mid pricer ... for example Mitchell to Masten and Magner to Caddy.

That way having McDonald and Parker on the pine may not hurt as much.  No trade used ... just going with more midpricers v one less rookie in the mids.

newfreofan

Feeling ok about not picking JMac and trading out Parker at the last minute lol

mpollock

Haha - I would be as well!!

What do you think about before lockout ...

In: Watson, Gibbs/Redden and Caddy
Out: Boyd, Mitchell and Magner

This would leave Shiel on the ground for the next two weeks and Parker/McDonald on the pine.
No trades used ... but with Caddy adding a little more JS then the likes of Magner.

mpollock

Or selwood and d.martin ... giving me DPP link and the ability to trade martin into the forward line if needed and get a gun midfielder who takes off ...

stew42

mpollock

Nice ... two injuries/suspensions in the first game will just about put these teams out of the overall race ... not quite but pretty hard to win overall carrying to players like Parker and McDonald ... with 7 games still to play and the possibility of more injuries/reports etc

Hence my idea of a change of strategy without burning trades.

specky lecky

There is where I'm happy  I have one fwd/mid in my mid. I will bench parker and macca, bring up a fwd premium into my mid, leaving my fwd line with four premiums, porpes and two rookies. I need magnet to play though, if he isn't named, then I will have to make at least one trade

pavs nose

i have mcdonald and this situation this is not ideal. But.......i think before his prime milking stage they would have rested the old barbie anyway for approx 2-3 games anyway(in the 1st 11-12 games/rested or subbed).

the way i see it is my other mid rooks are highly likely to cover him any so no need to stress. Plus, that many gooches will burn a trade getting rid of him.

pavs nose

*disclaimer. anyway mentioned twice in one sentence = too many vinos (drunk symbol)

cortez

I dont think its that big of a deal that junior is missing a couple. afterall we knew he wasnt going to play every game. will just be one of the later upgrades now. Parker on the other hand, mmm if i was you i would keep him but change one of your mid prem to a mpp prem that you dont have eg fyfe, pav, chappy or martin. then when parker comes back swap the mpp prem to  the forwards for a rookie mpp who you have such as smith, kennedy or phieffer.

Ringo

I have McDonald and they way I am looking at it is he will be a later cash cow to cash in and not a real problem.  It will help even out the upgrades.

brownmans muffins

Mac is just taking a breather before serious h2h action
I have no idea why Parker and his hefty pricetag are so popular