Hopefully sorted at last...but still few concerns...

Started by twinkle, March 26, 2012, 01:49:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

twinkle

Goddard, Deledio, Broughton, Heppel, Lake, Howard, Mohr <Bugg(E), Ellis>

Ablett(C), Selwood, Griffen, Caddy, Colignio, Magner <Sheil(E), Kerridge>

Naitanui, Giles <Redden, Stephenson>

Franklin, Fyfe, Pavlich, Rioli, Sidebottom, Porplyzia, Smith <Tomlinson(E), Hall>

$165K in bank.

Not convinced about Kerridge but would like a Mid/Fwd option if possible.
Griffen out for R1 with the sore finger. Tempted to leave him as he will be back before league games start - is that crazy?

Any feedback appreciated and will be returned.

bkp130

Hey mate

B- i like them a lot. Only one im not sure on is heppel. He is a good player but is he to high priced?
M- Good solid midfield althought wait and see if magner gets named
R- Good unique pick in natinui.
F- All good i wouldnt change a thing

maybe change kerridge and grrien even though he is missing round one i would keep him in.
overall 8.5/10

if you get a chance please rate my team im trying a tactic of 8 rookie midfielders and premiums foward, back and in ruck
http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,52912.0.html

thanks in advance

Ringo

Like the unique pick in Griffen - Go with gut if you think he will be up and playing in Round 3 and what he will score. Number of options at around that price if you want to change or alternatively use part of your $165k to go Boyd or other prem.
Only possible change for future rounds is perhaps Smith into mids for your DPP Link and select another forward (Dickson or Pearce (if elevated).  Just a suggestion.

mpollock

Griffin out round 1 definately ... maybe a few more weeks.
Would look at someone else there ... sooooo many options

twinkle

Quote from: Ringo on March 26, 2012, 03:31:19 PM
Only possible change for future rounds is perhaps Smith into mids for your DPP Link and select another forward (Dickson or Pearce (if elevated). 

Yeah I was hoping it might let me move Smith up now but moving GWS is locked too. I could perhaps dump Kerridge for a straight Mid and look to move Smith up at a later date once I cash in a rookie - is that what you are suggesting?

Griffen injury is a bit of a risk, but from all reports its very minor (base of finger) and should be back R2, R3 would be the latest. I'm under no illusion I'll win the $50K so it is really only my ego that will take a hit missing out on the points R1 and R2. Last year (my first) I focused too much on overall - topped our ladder on points but bowed out in the finals  :'(

Ringo

That was basically what I was suggesting for the future if not happy with Kerridge. But basically at this early stage rather than waste a trade I would sit to see what happens. Just make sure rooks are playing  if at all possible athough Magner may be the exception.
You can make the mistake of trading in and out rookies to suit and all of sudden find you have used a number of trades. If kerridge is named and Magner not move Magner to bench and play Kerridge - Griffen will take Shiels score as he was your named emergency.
Trust that makes sense

johnnytheboy1

Backs Look great with the unique pick of Howard in defence.
Mids: Griffen would be a great Unique pick but there have been doubts that he will play this weekend.Better off with Boyd. I also agree with Ringo in regards to Smith being used in the midfield. You can do that after the end of this round.
Rucks: Great Pick in NicNat its a risk having him at 1st ruck but it could work. Giles scoring 88 was helpful as youhave only lost 7 points on teams that had Mumford as 2nd Ruck.
Fwds: Excellent forwards just move smith into the mids to give you the DPP link. Unlucky to miss out on not having Kennedy in your team.

Overall. The team is well balanced and should score fairly well although smiths 55 hasn't helped. I give it an 8/10

twinkle

thanks for the advice really appreciate it.

think i am going to wuss out and get Boyd for Griffen. Maybe I can look to get Griffen in after the bye. Pfeiffer seems more popular than Kerridge - maybe I should make that swap too?