Inexperienced and need help

Started by Noddy5, March 26, 2012, 01:29:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Noddy5

This is the team I have so far. It seems pretty good and I've tried to mix it up between rookies and premiums.

Backs... Goddard, sam fisher, Chris yarran, Phil Davis, t Mohr, J Boumann, B Ellis (n Winmar, R Newell)

Mids... Pendlebury, rockliff, Ablett, J Selwood, coniglio, Hayes (ledger, Magner)

Rucks... Cox, maric (Giles, Stephenson)

Forwards... Franklin, fyfe, porplyzia, dangerfield, goodes, D Smith, Smedts (A Hall, C Shenton)

kilbluff1985

Backs are really weak would get a rookie for Hayes and upgrade Yarran and Davis and you could do with some better rookies in defense also

Would not bother with Maric go with Redden from port

Bertie

Who are those names on your forward and back benches?  I don't think hey are going to play anytime soon (except for possibly Hall).  It is crucial that for Rd 1 you have 30 playing - so find the rookies that are playing - 'though you've missed the boat with the best GWS rookies. Look at Morris from Richmond, Dickson from the Bulldogs, Couch from Melbourne, Kerridge from Adelaide. etc.

Agree with kilbluff about Hayes and Maric.

Colliwobblers

Quote from: Noddy5 on March 26, 2012, 01:29:21 PM
This is the team I have so far. It seems pretty good and I've tried to mix it up between rookies and premiums.

Backs... Goddard, sam fisher, Chris yarran, Phil Davis, t Mohr, J Boumann, B Ellis (n Winmar, R Newell)

Boumann will be a good pick if named for round 1.
Winmar + Newell OUT - Morris + Clarke or Guthrie in (IF NAMED FOR ROUND 1)
Yarran will be great this season.
Consider changing Fisher to Shaw or Broughton just because you have 3 round 13 bye premiums otherwise.

Can't change Davis now don't waste a trade upgrading him he will make you some money then upgrade him.

Mids... Pendlebury, rockliff, Ablett, J Selwood, coniglio, Hayes (ledger, Magner)

Great first 4. Great rooks.
Downgrade Hayes to a rookie named for round 1. Or a much cheaper mid priced player such as Caddy, McCarthy ect IF NAMED.

Rucks... Cox, maric (Giles, Stephenson)

Upgrade Maric to a 2nd premium with Hayes money or downgradehim to REDDEN ONLY IF NAMED.

Forwards... Franklin, fyfe, porplyzia, dangerfield, goodes, D Smith, Smedts (A Hall, C Shenton)

Shenton out - whichever rook is named for round 1 in (unless he is then keep him)
Same for Smedts and any rookie you have that isn't named to play round 1.

Not too bad overall get the rooks sorted out when teams are listed make sure you check them and get rooks in that are playing. Wouldn,t worry about fixing the backline now unless you have spare cash to upgrade Yarran (who I think will go great this season anyway) or a rook to a cheap mid pricer such as Hargrave howard conca or golby. Just to add some safety down there. COnsider switching the 3 round 13 bye players up to get only 2. Strongly consider Hayes out and Maric out.

Good Luck in 2012. Don't forget if you have rookies that are sucking like "for example" Mohr DSmith or any others after two rounds and "for example" Bugg has scored 2 huge scores in a row, consider trading bugg in mohr out, if bugg will make twice as much twice as fast it is probably better than sitting on mohr for 12 weeks as he scores 40's. This may not happen just an example.

Noddy5

Thanks for the advice guys. What do you think about Billy longer in for maric?

Colliwobblers

good option but redden first then stephensen have the best job security after Giles of all the rooks

Redden looked great in nab cup and stephensen knows what he is doing and will improve.

Noddy5

Does anyonerate samfisher for supercoach

Noddy5

What are tge thoughts on enright or johncock?

Colliwobblers

for SC i reckon fisher - enright - johncock in that order.

Enright may get rested as all cats senior players will through the season, but most other clubs will follow suit and do the same likely.

Johncock a bit lower in scoring potential than the other two but very solid and consistant. May see less in defence with the crows easy draw but that would be good because he will come up the ground to get it :)

Noddy5

Colliwobblers

for the midfield? neither but PAV if you had to choose one, with a plan to move him to the forward line as you trade to upgrade players, he won't score enough to hold one of your starting midfield spots but will be a keeper for your FWD line.

Same for Bartel he is mid only and won't get you the 110+ you want from your keeper midfielders.