Main Menu

FF Champs 3 antics

Started by stew42, March 25, 2012, 02:47:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr.Craig

We averaged 2220 across the league for this round. Not sure if that'll be enough to push our overall. :-\

Fingers crossed.

Mr.Craig

87th... >:( A couple of terrible scores dragged us down again.

I've been having a funny old time trying to sort out my rucks. Tried to trade Big O to Jacobs last week only to (rightly) be spooked off by his injury concern. And now thanks to Adams rising in price I can afford Cox, but I'll need to push Roughy into the forwards this round to cover Robbo leaving Cox and Giles with no cover if Cox is a late out. ::) However, if I wait until next week Adams and Big O could have potentially dropped in value enough so I can't afford Cox! Driving me nuts.

R.Griffen

Enright, Suckling and Birchall not a good week for the South Aussie boys

Mr.Craig

Quote from: Mr.Craig on August 03, 2012, 02:23:10 PM
87th... >:( A couple of terrible scores dragged us down again.

I've been having a funny old time trying to sort out my rucks. Tried to trade Big O to Jacobs last week only to (rightly) be spooked off by his injury concern. And now thanks to Adams rising in price I can afford Cox, but I'll need to push Roughy into the forwards this round to cover Robbo leaving Cox and Giles with no cover if Cox is a late out. ::) However, if I wait until next week Adams and Big O could have potentially dropped in value enough so I can't afford Cox! Driving me nuts.

You should have got Maric you big fat spud.

Mr.Craig

Averaged 2194 across the league which is pretty good given some of the challenges this round.

Congrats to the teams that have joined me in the top 8 finals...

South Aussie Boys
Green Street
waynecarey&friends
Ghostriders
Flappies Floggers
playndcards and
fishtank platoon

Not sure how VS will set up the finals series for the bottom 10 but all the best to everyone involved. There's been some wonderful competition in Champs 3 this year and I'm sure the next few weeks are going to be red hot!

stew42

Yeah, good round everyone. TBH, I don't give a rats about league games (ever since I was stuck at the bottom  ::)) But I will continue to strive to increase our overall standings. Thinking of bringing in Redden or Grigg as a smokey, as I still need a few vital points...

R.Griffen

Everyone ready for me(South Aussie Boys) to get knocked out in finals in straight sets!!
My DT is flowered

stew42

Quick q for you lads, Should I trade Swan out if I can get in Ablett and Selwood (for Priddis), it would mean I woudn't bring in Swan for the end of the season, and would have 1 trade remaining...

Mr.Craig

Quote from: R.Griffen on August 09, 2012, 05:10:42 PM
Everyone ready for me(South Aussie Boys) to get knocked out in finals in straight sets!!
My DT is flowered

Another Swan owner I see. :P

You will be fine. I can assure you fishtank or myself aren't good enough to beat you if we meet in the semi's.

Quote from: stew42 on August 09, 2012, 05:49:01 PM
Quick q for you lads, Should I trade Swan out if I can get in Ablett and Selwood (for Priddis), it would mean I woudn't bring in Swan for the end of the season, and would have 1 trade remaining...

If you were going to trade in anyone for Swan I guess it would be Ablett. Might aswell.

I take it you don't have enough cash to just do Swan to Ablett then straight swap Swan back in for Priddis after his holiday?

Mr.Craig

Bitter loses in my two FF leagues. Luckliy I won in the league with all my mates.

We slipped another 2 spots in the league ranks which sucks. Sub 2000 scores at this stage of the season just don't cut it.

stew42

Yeah, we really need to do better at that end of the ladder. I was disappointed not to get 2200... if MJ, Pav, Scotty T performed better, I would be pushing 2300

stew42

This is the best week ever! All of my players are named! For like, the first time ever!

This is my current lineup
TEAM NAME: Evil Weevils
DEF: B. Deledio, B. Goddard, M. Johnson, G. Birchall, H. Shaw, A. Carrazzo, C. Yarran (B. Ellis, S. Shaw)
MID: M. Boyd, G. Ablett jnr, S. Thompson, S. Mitchell, S. Pendlebury, S. Gibson (D. Zorko, S. Clifton)
RUC: S. Jacobs, S. Mumford (J. Giles, T. Campbell)
FWD: D. Beams, S. Sidebottom, P. Dangerfield, M. Pavlich, P. Chapman, L. Franklin, D. Martin (A. Goodes, T. Couch)

One question. Who should I field as M6 out of Gibson, Zorko or Goodes? Cheers.

Mr.Craig

If it was me I'd play Goodes over Martin in the forwards, not expecting much from Dusty this week.

As for Zorko and Gibson...Zorks is a beast and Collingwood doesn't apply much defensive pressure so Gibson should do alright too. I'd probably lean towards Zorko.

I wish my benches were as strong as yours. :-[

stew42

I ended up having my mid benchs as Gibson and Clifton and my fwd benches as Zorko and Couch by moving Beams to the mids. Decided to go with proven premos.

Mr.Craig

Everytime there is a round with byes/failing premiums/late outs Champs 3 seem to jump in the rankings. A bit more chaos and we might make it into the top 70. :D