Main Menu

FF Champs 3 antics

Started by stew42, March 25, 2012, 02:47:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr.Craig

I kind of feel like I'm talking to myself at this point but here goes anyway...

Was away from the internet for a week while on holidays but I kept an eye on the games. Would have had the highest score in the league if I hadn't flinched and put Ablett as C to cover off 2 opponents. Dammit!

Not great to come back and have Buddy, Goddard, Martin and Pendles/Boyd (possibly) missing this week. That's DT 2012 for ya.

We held ground at 96 but I still think we can push a bit higher. Let's go boys!

stew42

Quote from: Mr.Craig on July 04, 2012, 09:53:17 PM
I kind of feel like I'm talking to myself at this point but here goes anyway...

Was away from the internet for a week while on holidays but I kept an eye on the games. Would have had the highest score in the league if I hadn't flinched and put Ablett as C to cover off 2 opponents. Dammit!

Not great to come back and have Buddy, Goddard, Martin and Pendles/Boyd (possibly) missing this week. That's DT 2012 for ya.

We held ground at 96 but I still think we can push a bit higher. Let's go boys!
Yeah, sorry I've been offline for a bit guys (well, Mr Craig). Had troubles loading the FF Forums, but now I'm back! :) Front page will be updated.

DT 2012 is hell. I was fairly happy with 2100 this week with TWO donuts  :o
My fwd bench this week is Buddy (out for up to 3) and Martin (out for one more). Last week my mid bench had Pendles and my def bench had God Goddard (he has now lost the right to that title). Ah well, the inclusion of Goodes this week will help, with my fwd line now complete.

But our league seems to be doing well, led by Green Street, ranked at an impressive 297. Also, we are completing one of our key objectives of beating FF Champs 1. Pats on the backs for all, sure, but don't get too complacent! Time to get those last upgrades done and dusted (but not in a Dustin "Mr Sandman" Martin way).

Mr.Craig

If I had trades to burn I'd oust Martin for Goodes. Oh well. :-[

Mr.Craig

Pretty good week for us. Despite a couple of low scores we averaged 2204 across the league. I think that should be enough to push us up the rankings a bit. Have to wait and see. :)

Mr.Craig

Sweet...up to 78!!!  8)

On a personal note Hawks Nest has been going through a purple patch. Ranked 711 for the round and my overall position continues to improve -

Round 10 - 19,446
Round 11 - 9,527
Round 12 - 8,572
Round 13 - 7,359
Round 14 - 6,200
Round 15 - 5,063
Round 16 - 3,553

The plan at the start of the year was to make the top 1000. I'll give it a crack.

stew42

Great stuff Mr Craig!

Top round from everyone EXCEPT dk's legends, who scored a woeful 1891  >:( Lift your game!

Again, apologies for my two foolish donuts, however, this week goodesy comes in, completing my forwards. Priddis is really firming his spot as M6, making me wonder whether to bring in Ablett at all  ???
One upgrade needed in my backs and that will be Hargrave to Suckling next week. Then done!

How are the rest of us going?

Mr.Craig

Re your trade suggestions Stew...

Dunno about Priddis to Ablett. GAJ was obviously 50 odd points better this round but I'm not sure the difference between them going forward will warrant a trade.

As for Hargrave to Suckling, I really don't think that's a great move. Suckles fell away dramatically at the end of last season and the signs are it might happen again. Around that price range you have Grimes, Goddard, Heppell and Enright. I'd expect all those guys to average more, of course they carry their own risks but that's something for you to weigh up.

Argh! I take back Goddard. Thought the holiday might have helped him. Obviously not. ::)

Mr.Craig

We only moved uip one spot in the rankings this week. :( A couple of guys just not pulling their weight sadly.

stew42

No, there were some absolutely awful scores. Lift our game, fellas! Particularly dk's legends, mate are you even checking your team???  >:(

stew42

Craig, had another idea. I could go Hargrave to Scotland, but only if I go Priddis to Murphy. I see a worthwhile increase in scores from both trades, and it would leave me with 2 trades plus $45.3k for LTIs. Thoughts?

Mr.Craig

Hmmm, that could work. The only question would be if Murph can get back to his early season form.

I say go for it. 8)

Mr.Craig

Oh look, it's raining again.

stew42

Quote from: Mr.Craig on July 26, 2012, 09:10:05 PM
Oh look, it's raining again.

I would be laughing at that, but I'm too sad...
So far one donut in the forwards, with Buddy, Sidey and Couch out. Also heard news that Sammy Jacobs might miss, meaning that my only playing ruck will be Giles...  :-\

Mr.Craig

So yeah, about Suckling (cough cough)... :-[

Might have been a one off, who knows. As a Hawks fan I sure hope he keeps that kind of form up.

stew42

Quote from: stew42 on July 23, 2012, 09:39:18 PM
Craig, had another idea. I could go Hargrave to Scotland, but only if I go Priddis to Murphy. I see a worthwhile increase in scores from both trades, and it would leave me with 2 trades plus $45.3k for LTIs. Thoughts?
Why did I not do this???  :'(