FELSTY'S 2012 SC TEAM THREAD - Team Completed!! Please read and comment!

Started by felsty, March 25, 2012, 11:25:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tor01doc

Whilst it looks like I am tanking every round, I am not.

Worst year ever.

Still, am a sneaky chance to bring some awesome team down this week!

Ended up not tanking one round due to percentage concerns.

Good luck - not a lot - just a bit.

tor01doc

felsty

Will probably lose a few games this week.. Jeez the late withdrawals kill you in the bye rounds!

felsty

1849 for my round 12 score!

lost most of my leagues but won the one i care about against my bext mate!!
Winners - Cox, Priddis (good inclusion this week!), Dal stepping up in the last quarter, Scotland and Deledio down back, Franklin, Boyd, a huge match by Zorko!! and my hero of the week... ALEX SEXTON!! without his late inclusion i would have lost my game by 3 measly points!!

Sinners - can't believe Treloar... maybe a downgrade to Gibson this week and an upgrade for JMac to Ablett in round 14.. will leave me with about 150k in the bank and zorko and giles as my playing rookies which i dont mind leaving. my team will be set for finals!

felsty

big question... should treloar be traded?? was always going to be part of the ablett trade after this next round but i might have to downgrade him to gibson a week early and make some cash..

Ringo

I would trade him this week as he will loose further cash this week with a high B/e but your decision.
Are you still on target for that team with only 2 trades left

tor01doc

felsty

Quote from: Ringo on June 17, 2012, 11:12:59 PM
I would trade him this week as he will loose further cash this week with a high B/e but your decision.
Are you still on target for that team with only 2 trades left

thinking of getting ablett in for treloar and jmac after round 13 and leaving zorko as f7
will leave me with three trades that barring injury would let me upgrade zorko and giles to mumford and sidey come finals

Ringo

Nice  final trade like all of us hoping Zorko keeps it up and no reason at this point to doubt.

felsty

with Adam Treloar looking like losing me money this week i will probably trade him down to Sam Gibson, upgrading JMac to Ablett the week after

Final team..

B: Deledio, Goddard, H.Shaw, Scotland, Waters, Lake, Malceski <S.Shaw, Ellis>
M: Ablett, Pendlebury, J.Selwood, Boyd, Priddis, Dal Santo <Gibson, Adams>
R: Cox, Giles <Stephenson, Redden>
F: Franklin, Dangerfield, Chapman, Beams, Pavlich, Martin, Zorko <Saad, Sexton>

approx. $140k remaining and 3 trades left over for finals

tor01doc

Good afternoon feisty one,

Treloar is a dilemma. Was scoring so well and then bang - has he hit the wall?

If he is left out, then no need to pull the trigger. Tempting to keep him even if picked as he may drop a bit but if you're happy with 72 ppg from your F8/9 then cool.

I wonder whether you might end up trading Sexton or Saad instead. Avoids a donut and neither really worth starting anyway.

Obviously Ablett after his bye. Your other rookies are still making money so good.

Get Couch for a donut in forwards if picked?

You need Sidey at some stage I would think.

Giles should be OK for R2 - unless you've got heaps of trades. The difference between him and say Mumford probably less than between a rested gun and a M7 or 8.

Oh the pain.

felsty

if thats the case doctor what do you think about a saad downgrade to gibson and run with treloar, zorko, adams and sexton as my gap fillers on the bench?

thing is with the treloar trade it gives me 140k after the jmac > ablett trade to hopefully upgrade zorko to sidebottom once he is within reach, only using one trade..

it doesnt bother me with saad on the bench as cover because i think his js and scoring potential isnt too bad..

tor01doc

Yes that works for me.

My reluctance to dump Treloar is due to the very same reason you are tempted to - his good scoring has increased his price by quite a lot. So in a convoluted way we agree. My rationale to keep is to have him as really good cover so predicted price drop is of no significance.

Saad has the bye and a I don't think he'll score much more than Treloar.

Sexton is the worst of them all however.

If you do some calculations, can you afford Sidey and keep Saad and Treloar?

Also are this week's league matches as tough as last week's which were very easy for some?

felsty

im thinking of getting in ablett next week and not sidey..

im happy with zorko as f7 for the time being and really the only thing that is making me choose to trade treloar apart from saad is the money.. think that extra $40k could come in handy.. not even looking at trading sexton because i think he is a flexible mover for my bench, allowing me to put adams or zorko onto either part of the mid/fwd line. no point trading him when that is pretty much the whole reason i got him in

tor01doc