FELSTY'S 2012 SC TEAM THREAD - Team Completed!! Please read and comment!

Started by felsty, March 25, 2012, 11:25:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

charliesheen

Haven't done the maths, is this possible?

SCotland > Newman
McDonald > Sexton
Horsley > Ablett

Waiting 3 rounds for Ablett is painful.  Sometimes you have to swallow your pride and sideways trade for greater good of your team.

felsty

3 rounds of byes though.. everyone is in the same boat
the trades you have put up look good but i think i might hold out.. trying to plan around byes etc.

charliesheen

This is GAJ we are talking about.  No idea what GAJ could do in those 3 rounds.  He could potentially offset donuts through captaincy alone.

charliesheen

R11 team - 3 Donuts - Shaw, Pendlebury, Waters

B: Deledio, Goddard, Newman, Shaw, Waters, Ellis, Malceski <Lake, Mohr>
M: Pendlebury, Selwood, Boyd, Dal Santo, GAJ, Sexton <Adams, Zorko>
R: Stephenson, Redden <Cox, Giles>
F: Franklin, Hall, Chapman, Beams, Pavlich, Martin, Saad <Treloar, Dangerfield>

felsty

had a play around with it but it impacts my plans too much plus i dont see the long term benefits of trading out scotland when what i want is a league win

thanks for the thoughts CS but im going to try and work it my way

felsty

Knew this week would be bad but I could never have guessed this bad! Some terrible scores from premiums and some horrible scores from rookies has me ended up with 1288 with Dayne Beams to come.. Hopefully hittin above 1400.. Hopefully my next two rounds don't follow suit!

Ringo

Quote from: felsty on June 11, 2012, 09:59:08 AM
Knew this week would be bad but I could never have guessed this bad! Some terrible scores from premiums and some horrible scores from rookies has me ended up with 1288 with Dayne Beams to come.. Hopefully hittin above 1400.. Hopefully my next two rounds don't follow suit!
+1 We may end up with similar scores after this weekend.  I am on 1236 with Beams and Magner to come.

felsty

Round 11 Score - 1428

Shaw, Pendles and Scotland gave me 5 donuts for the round which hurt. Tiger players down on their averages and terrible rookie scores killed any hope of doing well. If it wasn't for Captain Selwood I could have been in a lot of trouble! Still won 3/5 leagues so I'm happy :)

B: Goddard, Deledio, Mohr, Lake, Ellis, Waters, Scotland <Shaw, Malceski>
M: Boyd, Dal Santo, Zorko, McDonald, Adams, Sexton <Pendlebury, Selwood>
R: Cox, Giles <Redden, Stephenson>
F: Franklin, Martin, Dangerfield, Saad, Hall, Treloar, Pavlich <Chapman, Beams>

$242k in kitty, 7 trades remaining

Looking at going Mohr or Ellis > Sam Shaw and then Adams > Priddis

Thoughts?

felsty

okay so i have gone for a different tactic..

team is as follows

B: Deledio, Goddard, Scotland, Shaw, Waters, Lake, Malceski <Mohr, Ellis>
M: Pendlebury, Selwood, Boyd, Dal Santo, McDonald, Zorko <Adams, Sexton>
F: Franklin, Dangerfield, Beams, Pavlich, Martin, Chapman, Treloar <Saad, Hall>

$241k remaining and 7 trades to go..

definitely doing the Mohr > Shaw trade if he is named which gives me $425k in the kitty
now I was thinking about getting Priddis in this week for Adams but im thinking of holding off and bringing in Sidebottom next week instead.. the remaining money (approx. $125k) will allow me to trade in Ablett after round 13 (McDonald> Gibson, Treloar>Ablett) and then hopefully Scott Thompson when he drops in price, but only when Zorko and Saad have reached culling price! (Saad>Rookie, Zorko>Thompson)

trade plan is as follows

Round 11
Mohr > S.Shaw                                     $425 in the kitty
Round 12
Adams > Sidebottom                             $125 in the kitty
Round 13
McDonald >Gibson    Treloar > Ablett      hopefully still $125 in the kitty
Round 14
GET SCOTT THOMPSON!!

what do people think?

Ringo

Would be perfect except for one small problem.  Only leaves you one trade for rest of season. May struggle through with that but not ideal.  Your decision though.

felsty

will i still be able to make the above trade after tonights lockout?

having sidebottom in my fwds is my number 1 priority i think.. he easily has the best average of the fwds i dont have and is pretty much like having an extra premium mid. ablett is also another player that i have to have, pulls out huge numbers and will consistently.. i suppose with the money i have left over i could try and make one trade out of it to finish off my mids..

another option is getting in adam goodes as a straight swap for ahmed saad after this round. it would leave me with little to no money yet would sve a trade in the long run

sidebottom vs. goodes? if it means saving a trade maybe goodes is the way to go..

felsty

Quote from: Ringo on June 14, 2012, 11:02:12 AM
Would be perfect except for one small problem.  Only leaves you one trade for rest of season. May struggle through with that but not ideal.  Your decision though.

Decided to do just the Ringo! Made the Hall > Priddis trade after he wasn't named and Adams was but also traded Mohr down to Sam Shaw. I should be able to get Ablett without taking money out of my $200k kitty through Treloar and Jmac an that $200 will go towards a straight swap for Sidebottom once he comes back down in price again hopefully.. Realistically the only rookie who would be able to do that would be Zorko but I'm hoping one of Saad or Adams pulls out a big game and rises for me at the right time

felsty

Quote from: felsty on June 15, 2012, 08:45:05 AM
Quote from: Ringo on June 14, 2012, 11:02:12 AM

Decided to do just the Ringo! Made the Hall > Priddis trade after he wasn't named and Adams was but also traded Mohr down to Sam Shaw. I should be able to get Ablett without taking money out of my $200k kitty through Treloar and Jmac an that $200 will go towards a straight swap for Sidebottom once he comes back down in price again hopefully.. Realistically the only rookie who would be able to do that would be Zorko but I'm hoping one of Saad or Adams pulls out a big game and rises for me at the right time

Final team should look like this..

B: Deledio, Goddard, Scotland, Shaw, Waters, Lake, Malceski <Ellis, Shaw>
M: Ablett, Pendlebury, Selwood, Boyd, Priddis, Dal Santo <Adams, Gibson>
F: Franklin, Sidebottom, Dangerfield, Chapman, Martin, Pavlich, Beams <Zorko, Sexton>

2 trades left

Strong side?

tor01doc

felsty

Most definitely, I don't tempt fate! How is your team looking coming up to the tank round?