FELSTY'S 2012 SC TEAM THREAD - Team Completed!! Please read and comment!

Started by felsty, March 25, 2012, 11:25:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

felsty

Round 9 Score: 2233

Winners:
pretty good week across the park really. Deledio and Shaw led the defence with serviceable outputs from Goddard, Lake and Scotland. Pendlebury did great in the mids compared to other peoples captains, Boyd was at his best and Selwood keeps on performing. In the rucks Giles continues to press his claims for a permenant spot on my team, while in the forward line we couldnt look past Dayne Beams and him being the sole reason i was able to score so highly this week! Pavlich, Martin and Chapman also bounced back while have to heap praise on Saad and Treloar breaking the ton.

Sinners:
Malceski had a nightmare of a game, while Franklin and Cox didnt reach their lofty heights

felsty

Looking to move on two of Porplyzia, Morris, Mohr and to a lesser extent Adams

have plenty of mpp in the mid/fwd so im thinking of getting Dal Santo in for Porplyzia
was looking at upgrading another mid for Adams but i can trade out either Morris or Mohr for Waters which i think is my best bet. both trades wouldnt hurt my bye structure and it would finish off my backline, leaving only two midfield upgrades left for the season (looking at scotty t after round 11 and ablett after round 13).

What do you think?

Slammer

felsty

10!
not many but i wanted to try something different this year as i feel i have been too conservative in the past
i have moved 24k places in the rankings in 4 weeks so it seems to be working.. if i have it my way then i should have 4-5 trades left after the byes in case of long term injury etc.

felsty

Porplyzia > Dal Santo          Morris > Waters

__________________Round 10_________________

__________________Round 11_________________

Adams > Priddis     McDonald > GWS rookie? (M/F?)

__________________Round 12_________________

Horsley > Round 11/12 rookie (M/F?)

__________________Round 13_________________

Treloar > Ablett or if i cant afford him.. Swan/Thompson/etc.

Sound good peoples?? done my homework and getting Ablett will all depend on Priddiss score next week, as well as rookie performance and the great man himself, however im pretty close if my calculations are correct..

felsty

DOUBLE UPGRADE-TIME!

definitely doing Morris > Waters leaving me with a settled backline for the rest of the year with Mohr and Ellis covering

tossing up between Dal Santo and Cotchin coming in for Porplyzia.. who do people think is better? thinking Dal as i need as much money saved as i can if i want to get Ablett in after the byes, but what does everyone else think?

NoButYeah

Neither. McLean!! Has the same bye...

But seriously, both great scorers but NDS a bit cheaper so I'd go with him.

felsty

Round 10 Score - 2258

Winners: large numbers up forward with Buddy, Chappy, Danger and Beams chipping in as well as a solid 93 by Pav. Low midfield numbers didnt help with Dal Santo and Pendlebury getting under 100 and Selwood, Boyd and Zorks just getting over it.. Horsley beign subbed didnt help my scoring either. Down back was of greatest concern though.. apart from Deledio and Goddard there wasnt much happiness with Waters, Scotland, Lake and the exclusions of Malceski and Shaw hurting me greatly. lucky Cox had a good day out and savoured something for me :P good thing is I only lost one of my games! :D

felsty

Final Bye Plan Strategy - I think  :-\

Starting Team

B: Deledio, Goddard, Scotland, Shaw, Waters, Lake, Malceski <Ellis, Mohr>
M: Pendlebury, Selwood, Boyd, Dal Santo, Horsley, Adams <McDonald, Zorko>
R: Cox, Giles <Stephenson, Redden>
F: Franklin, Dangerfield, Chapman, Beams, Pavlich, Martin, Treloar <Saad, Hall>

Starting with $45k in the kitty

Horsley > Sexton          +$198k          $242k in the kitty

Round 11

Mohr > Sam Shaw        +$185k
Adams > Priddis            -$166k           $261k in the kitty

Round 12

Saad > Cloke                -$75k             $186k in the kitty

Round 13

Treloar > Morabito       +211k
McDonald > Ablett       +340k             186 + 211 + 340 = $737k - Should have approx. above $700k which will be enough to get Ablett

If I am struggling for money I will look at bringing in possibly Clifton instead of Morabito, and if struggling more so will get a $113k rookie

Donuts for byes look like 6/2/2 which includes Scotland missing them all and banking on Shaw and Pendles coming back in round 13

Team wil be as follows -

B: Deledio, Goddard, Scotland, H.Shaw, Waters, Lake, Malceski <Ellis, S.Shaw>
M: Ablett, Pendlebury, Selwood, Boyd, Dal Santo, Priddis <Morabito, Sexton>
R: Cox, Giles <Stephenson, Redden>
F: Franklin, Dangerfield, Pavlich, Chapman, Martin, Beams, Cloke <Hall, Zorko>

will have 2 trades for the rest of the season to save for finals but will be tempted to go Giles > Mumford when Brogan comes back and Mumford reaches full fitness

What do people think? Sound plan?

charliesheen

felsty

charliesheen

felsty

Quote from: charliesheen on June 08, 2012, 01:01:00 PM
How many trades left?  Going for league wins mainly?

i will have 2 trades left after all of this, 8 at the start of this week
going for league win but have taken this season as a bit of an experiment and trading hard to get a team early as i can. i think i have been too conservative in the past and wanted to play to the other extreme

charliesheen

I think you need to get GAJ in right now.  Don't delay this

McDonald > Sexton
Horsley > Ablett
Scotland > Premium defender maybe Birchall/Newman/MJ that gives you cash to get GAJ.

felsty

Quote from: charliesheen on June 08, 2012, 01:04:16 PM
I think you need to get GAJ in right now.  Don't delay this

McDonald > Sexton
Horsley > Ablett
Scotland > Premium defender maybe Birchall/Newman/MJ that gives you cash to get GAJ.

not too worried about scotlands injury and dont want to be trading premium players out. firmly focused on the finals, looking good in all my leagues, and using trades to get a few bargain premiums that revolve around helping me through the bye rounds.. do you think it is a sound plan? much that can go wrong?