FELSTY'S 2012 SC TEAM THREAD - Team Completed!! Please read and comment!

Started by felsty, March 25, 2012, 11:25:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ringo

Looks like we all made a mistake in trading Milera out.  Sound reasons to do it as nearly at his ceiling then he produces this so far. (Don't care if I put the mockers on him as he was traded).

felsty

Precisely the reason I don't want to get rid of Ellis yet.. Round 13 is ages away!

GoldDigger

Nice hold - but gees I had Ellis on field - that hurts!

felsty

Round 7 Score - 2344

Winners: Dids, To be Shaw, God and the Premium Brian Lake! Boyd and Selwood always working hard. Huge output from Giles/Cox combo made up for the midfield, and finally my functioning forward line at last!

Sinners: Pendles and Murphy having down days, Martin with the start that he had

All in all a pretty good week! Jumped 5000 ranking places. Doing a lot of early trades and it is working out nicely! Getting Ablett this week and then an upgrade to Scotland in the backs and I'll save them

felsty

Bugg > Smedts
Shiel > Ablett

Bugg and Shiel surely have to get a rest soon and dont seem to have the same scoring capabilities they once had. this as well as there 82 and 52 BEs i think it is time for them to go..
Smedts to me is the logical choice, great JS and can score alright for a bench player, probably stay on my pine all year
Ablett's price wont go up or down much more but im not sure whether to get him this week or hold for one more week to get shiels price rise.. think the points will outweigh the profit gain..

Thoughts?

felsty

thanks for the feedback guys  :P

had a change fo heart and am now thinking of going

Bugg & Ellis > Smedts & Scotland

as opposed to the mid upgrade to ablett! i think ill wait another week for that for ablett to go down and shiel and magner go up!

thoughts this time round?

felsty

Trades!

Shiel > Saad
Bugg > Scotland

Still leaves me with easily enough moolah to get Ablett and Zorko next week for Magner and Porps! Then I'm all set for byes.. Plan on bringing in Scotty T to finish off my mids after round 11 then an Enright/Heppell and Sidebottom in after there round 12 bye. Then my team is finished! Only 4 trades though for the rest of the season so barring any injury I should be alright :)

felsty

Round 8 Score - 2357

Not a bad score considering I had Pav (48) and Murphy (38) in my team, otherwise I would be looking at a monster score!

Probably a bit silly with my trades considering Spurr's output against Saad but the difference is I can now upgrade Porplyzia who has hit his BE to Ablett using the mpp :D could be a good thing considering Murphys lay off :S

felsty

Really wanting to get Zorko into my side and need to get Ablett as I think he is going to start getting back into the swing of things..

Porplyzia > Zorko
Magner > Ablett

Good? Bad? Ugly? Was trying to get rid of Hall for Zorko and still grab Ablett but it's almost impossible :( only way I can do it is if I don't pick Ablett and he nevers comes back into the side.. What does everyone think? Team is as follows..

B: Deledio, Goddard, Scotland, Shaw, Lake, Malceski, Mohr <Ellis, Morris>
M: Pendlebury, Selwood, Boyd, Murphy, McDonald, Horsley <Magner, Adams>
R: Cox, Giles <Redden, Stephenson>
F: Franklin, Chapman, Beams, Martin, Porplyzia, Treloar <Saad, Hall>

Ringo

I'm seriously considering cashing in Mac for Zorko. Know he has been out for 2 weeks and low B/e but even if Mac is in and out with resting I think Zorko over the next 6 weeks will offer better JS and value. Just my opinion though.

felsty

Quote from: Ringo on May 21, 2012, 01:41:59 PM
I'm seriously considering cashing in Mac for Zorko. Know he has been out for 2 weeks and low B/e but even if Mac is in and out with resting I think Zorko over the next 6 weeks will offer better JS and value. Just my opinion though.

What are your thoughts on Murphy Ringo? Have been trading hard to get a set team after a terrible first few weeks and only have 12 left, I would be keeping him if it wasn't for the byes and his big fat zero taking up space on my bench.. It's a tough one

Ringo

I'd wait for diagnosis before making decision.  If longer than 3/4 weeks I would pull the trigger and get Ablett in.
As an alternate can you afford Porps to Sidey. Using Dpp play Sidey in the mids till Murph comes back. Only problem would need 2 of Mac Horse and Adams/Zorko (depending on which DPP) to play each week.

felsty

Quote from: Ringo on May 21, 2012, 08:01:47 PM
I'd wait for diagnosis before making decision.  If longer than 3/4 weeks I would pull the trigger and get Ablett in.
As an alternate can you afford Porps to Sidey. Using Dpp play Sidey in the mids till Murph comes back. Only problem would need 2 of Mac Horse and Adams/Zorko (depending on which DPP) to play each week.

Not possible if I want to get Ablett in, however I will be making that exact trade next week.. Porplyzia > Danger or Sidey, probably Danger if he doesn't go up too much in price

felsty

REVELATION!

Murphy > Dangerfield, Magner > Zorko

Then next week I'll have easily enough money to upgrade Porplyzia to Ablett in one hit! Also almost finishes off my forward line with Danger.. Means my premiums on each line will read 6/4/2/6 note that I am calling Giles a premium/keeper if he keeps scoring the way he is!

Will definitely save my last mid spot for Murphy by upgrading/downgrading Jmac and Horse and will hopefully organize Scotty T and Waters to come into my side after there round 11 byes

felsty

With the naming of the teams I will be looking at doing the trade above ^^
Next week plan is to upgrade Porps to GAJ with the 420k in my bank and a possible downgrade Morris > Darley, depending on Darleys JS.

this should give me enough trades to bring in Waters and Scotty T after there round 11 bye, then all I have to do is trade in Murphy again when his price comes crashing down and I'll have a strong team with either Zorko/Treloar filling f7 and Cox/Giles ruck combo.. What does everyone think?

Round 9          Murphy > Dangerfield, Magner > Zorko
Round 10        Porplyzia > Ablett, Rookie downgrade..
Round 11        -
Round 12        Morris/Mohr > Waters, Adams > Thompson/Rockcliff                         Round 11 is my easiest week. 12/13 harder
Round 13         -

B: Lake, Mohr - Shaw, Malceski - Goddard, Scotland, Deledio, Ellis - Waters
M: Boyd, McDonald, Zorko - Selwood, Pendlebury - Ablett, Horsley - Thompson
R: Cox, Giles - Stephenson - Redden
F: Dangerfield, Treloar - Pavlich, Beams, Chapman - Franklin, Martin, Hall, Saad

Leaves me with only 5 trades left but a pretty strong side (7/5/1/6) with only 2 of horsley/treloar/zorko/mcdonald and giles as rookies on field with top 6-10 players on each line. With 5 trades left will look at going horse/mcd > rookie/murphy when he bottoms out and if all goes to plan hopefully upgrading a forward in the finals. realise i have used all my trades but i have gone with the motto of trade hard, trade fast to get a team in in a carnage of a season.. hopefully it all goes to plan!