FELSTY'S 2012 SC TEAM THREAD - Team Completed!! Please read and comment!

Started by felsty, March 25, 2012, 11:25:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

felsty

Round 5 - Score: 1923

Winners: Murphy, Boyd, Giles, Jelwood, Pendles, Buggy, Martin and Dids.. a few of these players really stepped up!
Sinners: Devon being the sub and the lack of Porpoise sundary afternoon didnt help, goddard and malceski in the backline really hurt as well

Current Side

B: Goddard, Deledio, Shaw, Malceski, Lake, Bugg, Morris <Mohr, Ellis>
M: Ablett, Pendlebury, Murphy, Selwood, Boyd, McDonald <Shiel, Magner>
R: Cox, Giles <Redden, Stephenson>
F: Franklin, Chapman, Martin, Porplyzia, Milera, Kennedy, Smith <Hall, Treloar>
$114,400 in the salary cap!

not too sure what to look at this week but maybe an upgrade for porps depending on how his injury is? question mark over malceski but with shaw coming back i will just leave him.. maybe downgrading smith could work but im not really sure who to.. looking at horsely for next week but may have to get him in this week if i cant find a premium replacement for porps

felsty

have to see what the news is on porplyzias injury but im thinking of holding him as he has a lot more money to make.. same with devon smith!
i also dont have the trades at the moment to warrant  me doing such quick trades..
if porp is out he will be traded up to goodes at the next possible chance

charliesheen

You've weakened your forward line too much.  Would definitely consider upgrading it.

felsty

Yeah very true cs.. It's my first area for upgrade.. Prob look at goodes, Stevie j, roughie as a roughie!

Ringo

Roughy may be ok for you as he will give you options for rucks in byes.  Could be useful if Reddan and Stephenson do not get games soon. Downgrade to Pattinson and use how we used Joel Tippett/Petrie last year.

charliesheen

I would definitely consider Pfieffer this week based on who is named.  Horsley next week, will allow you to grab another premium forward.

felsty

with porps named and at least another good two weeks of money to be made im going to keep him.. probably keep devon smith too although he may be the stepping stone needed to get goodes. horsely is a must next week if he pulls out numbers like that again and is playing on the bubble..

all in all no trades this week and looking at magner/shiel > horse and devon > goodes next week

what do you guys think?

felsty

really sounds like abletts injury is pretty bad.. few rumours flying around that he didnt train today...

atm i have Ablett, Devon Smith out -> Goodes and Beams in..

good? may reverse this after more ablett news

felsty

had a change of heart

Ablett > Pavlich
Hall > Beams

plan to get ablett back... will just do rookie upgrades/downgrades as i go and when ablett is coming in i will most likely have to use the money made by porps and switch pavlich into the forwards for smith.. to do this need ablett to at least not come back for the next 2 rounds including this one. judging by the word on the street this is more than likely! Save 80k in picking pav over goodes which should also help get Ablett, plus goodes can still get a tad cheaper

goodes will also come down in price so i can pick him up then

felsty

Round 6 Score - 2224

Well looks like the gamble for trading out Ablett worked in the short term. Beams looks to have taken Balls position in the midfield getting a lot of tackles and clearances on Friday night! Pavlich is an out an out star and I think the longer he plays under Ross's game plan the better he will become!

Winners - the two mentioned above as well as the dogs and pies boys for setting me up Friday night, Deledio and Goddard bouncing back, Big Cox finally without NicNat, Franklin getting a hold on my beloved Saints :( and Chappy showin his true colors at home!

Sinners - Boyd and Selwood nowhere near there best!

This week looking at the downgrading of Milera and Kennedy depending on their respective BEs.. Looking at definitely getting Horsley in and possibly Patch Adams!

felsty

this weeks trades looking at being Kennedy > Horsley through Beams DPP and Milera > Adams

trading plan goes along the lines of getting Ablett in next week by downgrading a backmen, probably Morris, and upgrading Magner to him. After that a few upgrades in the backline are a must if there are rookies to downgrade to.. looking at Wilkes, Docherty, Spurr, Brennan.. not a lot happening here though.. im hoping that Shiel will be ripe when Zorko is on the bubble giving me a much needed DPP in the mids.. hopefully before bye time!

What does everyone think?

Locinator

felsty

Quote from: Locinator on May 09, 2012, 06:35:55 PM
Great trades Felst  ;)

even if it leaves me with 14 trades left? :S
trying to go hard early this year as i have been a bit too conservative in the past..

felsty

Well in hindsight I probably shouldn't have traded ablett! Oh well I get a week to look at him and if he doesn't make his BE I might leave it for a couple of weeks til his price drops.. Still getting on the Horsley & Adams Express at the expense of Kennedy and Milera!

felsty

2158 with murphy and goddard to come! should be a good week, but so should everyone else