FELSTY'S 2012 SC TEAM THREAD - Team Completed!! Please read and comment!

Started by felsty, March 25, 2012, 11:25:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

charliesheen

Would keep Coniglio.  Not against those trades, very aggressive.  I think Ellis named on extended bench so don't know what that is going to mean.  Might be risky not having emergency.

felsty

wanted to improve on my 20,000 ranking and at 46,000 i need to make a move now.. thinking getting murphy in for a player who isnt playing the next two games and clarke who will more than likely outscore coniglio based on what i have seen

Locinator

Quote from: felsty on April 20, 2012, 03:18:48 PM

sorry probably a good idea!

B: Goddard, Deledio, Shaw, Malceski, Lake, Bugg, Morris <Ellis, Mohr>
M: Ablett, Boyd, J.Selwood, Coniglio, Magner, Shiel <McDonald, Ledger>
R: Cox, Mumford <Giles, Redden>
F: Franklin, Fyfe, Chapman, Martin, Porplyzia, Kennedy, D.Smith <Milera, Hall>

$130k remaining

what do you think?
Shaw, Coniglio > Clarke, M.Murphy or Fyfe, Ledger > Treloar, M.Murphy

Wait a couple weeks for murphy at least. Sure he'll go up 50-75k but cogs would have gone up 100-(potetially)150k

And I'm keeping Shaw as well. I can see the arguement of gettig clarke but I already have him. And if your really not impressed by cogs you can downgrade to Trealoar next week or Lachie Neale in 2 weeks. Also Ledger should come back to. But there again if he isn't named in the next couple of weeks pick up Trealoar, Neale or Potentially Zorko. And why can't you if Fyfe goes down this week trade to the same targets or Dell'Olio or Tom Couch in the next couple of weeks. Yes he play lose 50k but if he gets a 200 this week (Incredibly unlikely) and averages 120+ for the rest of the season you will be spewing.

Keep them all. No need to say thank you when you play your grand final and you won because you traded a resting player

felsty

Ended up trading Fyfe out for Treloar a week earlier than I would have liked and then upgraded Ledger to Marc Murphy. A pretty good trade if you ask me. This way I still keep Coniglio making me money and Fyfe looks to be quite shot

felsty

Need Chapman, Martin, Morris, Malceski and Boyd to make 400 today to win all my leagues.. What do you think, can I do it? Think I'll need close to 150 from Boyd to be a good chance.. Two hundreds straight up from Martin and Chapman would be nice!

felsty

Score for Round 4 was 2106 which I'm pretty happy with considering the carnage! My traded in players of Murphy and Treloar played well!

Winners: Murphy, Giles, Chapman, Selwood, Malceski, GAJ and Porplyzia above average!
Sinners: Devon Smith and Adam Kennedy failed to reach their lofty heights and Milera and Magner were a little down however the tiger rookies in Ellis and Morris made up for them!

Hopefully don't need to make any trades next week as I'm sitting pretty with premiums to come back - heater, lakes and the big sausage eater!

felsty

my team as it currently stands is..

B: Goddard, Deledio, Shaw, Malceski, Lake, Bugg, Eliis <Morris, Mohr>
M: Ablett, Murphy, J.Selwood, Boyd, Coniglio, Shiel <J.McDonald, Magner>
R: Cox, Mumford <Giles, Redden>
F: Franklin, Chapman, Martin, Porplyzia, Kennedy, Milera, Treloar <Smith, Hall>

I'm thinking of not using any trades this week, however I do have a few concerns in bold

Wanted to keep Mumford and Shaw as I cant see them being out for too much longer, and well Ablett is Ablett, I could never trade him out of my team.. my rookies are excellent, making me a lot of dough and I have 20 trades left for the season

Do you think there is any other parts of my team that needs fixing?

Ringo

Have you got much cash available to you.  If not I would consider trading Mumford I know they say it was effect of infection from injection but having injections for back problems worries me!! Just personal as over the years we have seen the effect of back injuries.  From left field for you as you also have Giles I would consider Mumford to Maric for the extra cash.  Maric has performed reasonably well so far this year and at $382k may be be good value.

However in saying this you really do not to trade at all. idf satisfied with Mumford

felsty

thanks ringo i will leave it for now... was looking right into mumford > stephenson, coniglio > pendlebury but i decided i would wait another week or two just to see if i can get the money out of my rookies..

do you think this would be a better idea? i think i would rather mummy than cox tbh.. no.1 ruck at his club, proven big scorer etc.. if i wait a week and mummy is named and plays well i would consider trading cox next week for pendles

Ringo

Not a bad idea but who to get for Cox. I know it is possibly sideways but will make some cash is Cox to Nic Nat.  Seems to be the one at eagles at the moment. Would even be tempted to do the trade this week as Cox has a B/e of 153 whereas Nic Nat is 111.  just a thought for you to consider especially if Mumford plays.

felsty

realistically, if i didnt touch my premiums and only got pendlebury in by downgrading and upgrading my rookies how long do you think it would take for me to get him? i think it will take too long and pendleburys price might have risen by then making it a bit harder for me.. giles is good enough to be my number 2 ruck atm but i just cant get rid of mumford with cox playing like he is can i?
deicisons decisions

Ringo

Just sit and ride it out till Pendleberrys Price bottoms out His B/e against Dons is 188 for starters then he plays Bulldogs, Brisbane and Geelong. So I can see 2 weeks before he really bottoms out and then you can work something out.  I am in the same boat as I need Murphy and Pendles to complete my mids so am watching both closely to see when to get in if able.

charliesheen

Yeah tough one.  Not sure I can justify going 3RR with only 20 trades.  Think your just going to cop it on the chin with Giles smashing out decent scores.

Sit on trades for now.

felsty

Quote from: charliesheen on April 24, 2012, 03:22:41 PM
Yeah tough one.  Not sure I can justify going 3RR with only 20 trades.  Think your just going to cop it on the chin with Giles smashing out decent scores.

Sit on trades for now.

more than happy to do so ;) thanks for the input guys! really helped

felsty

Really annoyed at myself but im probably just unlucky.. Had a lot of mucking around with my structure up until this round. Decided that mummy and cox in tandem would be as good as any gun midfielder but got that wrong with nicnats emergence and mummys bad back.. Also went 3 premium mids to capitalize on the great rookies available however was a bad decision as I wanted to increase my overall ranking on last year (Going horribly at the moment) picked players from Fwds and Backs who were in strong form but are now quite up and down (chapman, dusty, broughts) I suppose that is to be expected though. Now I have one less forward (fyfe) and ruck premium (mummy) for two extra mid premiums (Murphy and Pendles). Feel like I have wasted my trades a little but didn't want to be behind the 8 ball anymore than I already was... Hope it pays off with some big increases on my overall ranking
WONT MAKE THE SAME MISTAKES AGAIN!

on a side note i traded out mummy this week for pendles and thought it would be a bad thing but with mummys new injury news i may have been a masterstroke :D