FELSTY'S 2012 SC TEAM THREAD - Team Completed!! Please read and comment!

Started by felsty, March 25, 2012, 11:25:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

felsty

Extremely lucky I didn't trade! Will cost me all my league games but the guys I were looking at such as Fyfe and Suckling didn't make it or we're subbed. I feel like I have learnt a valuable lesson here today!

felsty

made top 4 in all my leagues but took a loss for the first week of finals with a decimated forward line.. in hindsight a trade could have been well used to help me miss the donut that I had but I still have my two trades and plan to use them to get myself in the best possible position.. thinking if franklin isnt named this weekend may be a blessing in disguise

Ringo

Well done festy - I was in elimination finals of all  but 1 of my leagues so used my final 2 trades and won 3 of the 4 elimination finals. So the motto is use trades when needed. Did Franklin to Beams and worked for me.

tor01doc

Those trades MUST be used this week!

Enjoy pressing that trade button for the last time.

felsty

felsty

Few options..

Malceski > Newman, Gibson > Stevie J
Gibson > Burgoyne, Ellis > Heppell/ Suckling

Where do people think I should use my two trades?

tor01doc

Must use both trades.

Which order would you start these 4 - Lake, Eski, S Shaw and Ellis?

Also, if Chappy misses again (calf may mean 2 - 3 weeks - if it was a calf) then maybe get SJ up front with one trade and see what's left for back upgrade.

Depending upon you stash of cash could you get Birchall?

felsty

in order I would have put them the same as you - Lake, Malceski, Shaw and Ellis

1 chapman > stevie j, s.shaw > mackie, fisher, rance?
i think chappy will be right, they gave him til the last minute to get a plane over last friday night to play so surely it must just be a rest

2 sexton > lee, s.shaw > birchall

easiest way to get birchall in, but i do have to make two trades no matter what

3 ellis > tunbridge, sexton > m.johnson

freo have a relatively easy run home - richmond (H), north, demons (H) and gives me a bit of flexibility to my team in case of late withdrawls etc.

4 zorko > stevie j, s.shaw > duffield, fisher, rance, mackie?

people have been saying to trade zorko although has a very good run of games with port and the dogs (H) to come in last two rounds!

5 s.shaw > hanley

like i said has a good run in the last two games of the season. adcock may be a better get though!

if franklin isnt named to play...

buddy > sidebottom, ellis > birchall or

buddy > stevie j, ellis > carazzo

these are pretty much my options, so what do people think?

felsty

i like the look of this..

B: Deledio, Goddard, Scotland, Waters, H.Shaw, Birchall, Lake <Malceski, Ellis>
M: Ablett, Pendlebury, Jelwood, Boyd, Priddis, Dal Santo <Gibson, Couch>
R: Cox, Jacobs <Stephenson, Redden>
F: Franklin, Beams, Pavlich, Dangerfield, Chapman, Zorko, Martin <Saad, T.Adams>

0 trades, $1,000 remaining

tor01doc

felsty

contingency plan with chapman a possible out is..

Chapman > Sidebottom
S.Shaw > Suckling

otherwise my trade for the week is

Sexton > Couch
S.Shaw > Birchall

although i do like the look of this with Cooyou being promoted to finish off the year..

Saad > Cooyou
S.Shaw > Carrazzo

what do people think?

felsty

tor01doc

I don't see the point of getting Carrazzo now as it will leave you with a very expensive defensive bench. Wasted IMO.

All depends upon your league requirements and selections on Thursday.

You may be forced to ditch Chapman or Buddy.

Hold for GF if you can.

felsty

Well the fact is I need two trades if I'm going to upgrade anywhere and I would rather Carrazzo over Birchall.. If Chappy or Buddy doesn't play it will just make the decision easier.. Doesnt worry me if my defense bench is too expensive. In fact this is almost a plus!

tor01doc

Yeah, I guess you think that way because you are a 'back coach'!  ;) :P