FELSTY'S 2012 SC TEAM THREAD - Team Completed!! Please read and comment!

Started by felsty, March 25, 2012, 11:25:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

felsty

FELSTY'S 2012 SC TEAM THREAD

Hey guys I have decided to post a thread throughout the season on my side and the trades and changes I make each round!
Feel free to comment on my side and give me feedback on trades I should make, players to watch, etc.

Starting Side
B: Goddard, Deledio, H.Shaw, Broughton, Lake, Ellis, Bugg <Mohr, Morris>
M: Ablett, Boyd, Selwood, Coniglio, Shiel, Magner <McDonald, Ledger>
R: Cox, Mumford <Giles, Redden>
F: Franklin, Fyfe, Chapman, Martin, Porplyzia, Smith, Kennedy <Hall, Dickson>

Present Team
B: Goddard, Deledio, H.Shaw, Carrazzo, Lake, Scotland, Waters <Malceski, S.Shaw>
M: Ablett, Boyd, J.Selwood, Dal Santo, Pendlebury, Priddis <Adams, Gibson>
R: Cox, Jacobs < Stephenson, Redden>
F: Franklin, Beams, Chapman, Martin, Pavlich, Dangerfield, Zorko <Sexton, Couch>

Round 1   -   Score: 2100     Average: 2100     Ranking: 43,466     Ablett

Round 2   -   Score: 2085     Average: 2093     Ranking: 60,698     Ablett
                                                                                                                    Trades:   Broughton > Malceski     Dickson > Milera
Round 3   -   Score: 2121     Average: 2102     Ranking: 44,399     Ablett
                                                                                                                    Trades:   Fyfe > Treloar                Ledger > Murphy
Round 4   -   Score: 2106     Average: 2103     Ranking: 29,597     Ablett
                                                                                                                    Trades:   Mumford > Stephenson  Coniglio > Pendlebury
Round 5   -   Score: 1923     Average: 2067     Ranking: 34,204     Pendlebury
                                                                                                                    Trades:   Ablett > Beams              D.Smith > Pavlich
Round 6   -   Score: 2224     Average: 2093     Ranking: 23,325     Murphy
                                                                                                                    Trades:   Milera > T.Adams           A.Kennedy > Horsley
Round 7   -   Score: 2344     Average: 2129     Ranking: 18,401     Pendlebury
                                                                                                                    Trades:   Bugg > Scotland            Shiel > Saad
Round 8   -   Score: 2357     Average: 2158     Ranking: 16,586     Pendlebury
                                                                                                                    Trades:   Murphy > Dangerfield    Magner > Zorko
Round 9   -   Score: 2233     Average: 2166     Ranking: 10,166     Pendlebury
                                                                                                                    Trades:   Porplyzia > Dal Santo     Morris > Waters
Round 10 -   Score: 2258     Average: 2175     Ranking: 10,909     Pendlebury
                                                                                                                    Trades:   Horsley > Sexton
Round 11 -   Score: 1428     Average: 2107     Ranking: 12,212     Selwood           
                                                                                                                    Trades:   Hall > Priddis                 Mohr > S.Shaw
Round 12 -   Score: 1849     Average: 2086     Ranking: 12,907     Priddis                           
                                                                                                                    Trades:   Treloar > Gibson
Round 13 -   Score: 1570     Average: 2046     Ranking: 9,811       Selwood                   
                                                                                                                    Trades:   McDonald > Ablett
Round 14 -   Score: 2178     Average: 2055     Ranking: 10,064     Ablett
                                                                                                                    Trades:   Giles > Jacobs
Round 15 -   Score: 2622     Average: 2093     Ranking: 4,358       Selwood

Round 16 -   Score: 2457     Average: 2116     Ranking: 2,773       Ablett

Round 17 -   Score: 2333     Average: 2129     Ranking: 2,266       Ablett

Round 18 -   Score: 2544     Average: 2152     Ranking: 2,018       Pendlebury

Round 19 -   Score: 2576     Average: 2174     Ranking: 1,639       Ablett

Round 20 -   Score: 2384     Average: 2185     Ranking: 1,833       Ablett
                                                                                                                    Trades:   Saad > Couch     Ellis > Carrazzo
Round 21 -   Score: 2379     Average: 2194     Ranking: 1,869        Ablett

Round 22 -   Score: 2510     Average: 2208     Ranking: 1,338        Ablett

Locinator

Hey Felsty,

Good Idea I'll watch reguarly

Backs: Same as mine! Great minds think alike ;)
Midfield: Very silimar to mine. Not sure on Ledger though. Will he get games? If his named I'd keep him because he could explode
Rucks: Very Strong. You can definately "Set and Forget" that ruckline
Forwards: Solid. Still not sold on Porpoise but then again I wasn't convinced by Petrie. other rookies are fine.

Overall: 9/10

ben_020285

G'day Felsty. Great structured side with sound player selections. I'm glad to see somebody else is going with the 2 PREMIUM rucks strategy. Can I suggest just one very important thing..

You need more cash in the bank. I made the mistake of having next to no cash in the bank last year and because of it I missed out on some of the gun rookie cash cows and wasn't able to trade out some mid price or premium flops. Let's say that you have a $106,600 rookie who is stinking it up while another rookie priced at $113,200 manages to score 100's in the first 2 rounds. You wouldn't be able to get that rookie in because of your cash issues. I think it's important to set aside 2 trades to be able to either bring in a gun rookie or swap a flop mid pricer or premium. I would advise that 50k should be the minimum amount.

My trade suggestion to make this coin would be Nick Riewoldt for Dustin Martin. Roo had one bad year last year while playing injured and still managed to average 87. He is now fit and the Saints have one of the best draws for the first half of the season. Dustin Martin usually doesn't play well against the top sides and the Tigers have the toughest draw of all for the first half of the season so I reckon he's a great upgrade target for the second half of the season when the Tigers have one of the easiest draws in the competition (behind only Melbourne).

This trade would make you an extra 64k that you can have sitting in the bank to use at your leisure.

felsty

Its definitely an option.. I know that money is good to have but I don't think it's needed if you are happy with your side.. The option I see is downgrading pfeiffer but the only reason I think I would do that was if Morris or Ellis weren't named.. Overall im pretty happy.. Will be interesting to see how ledger goes but if he does get the vest I have good mid rookies to cover that!

tor01doc

felsty - NRoo? Surely not.

felsty

Fantasy coach

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2012, 12:07:08 PM »

B: solid love the adcock pick
M: love at first sight
R: A. A+ for adding redden
F: rooey will stink it up so thats how you got adcock into your 5th defender! :O

mumfster

Hey Felsty!

Cant be bothered writing a big speech. However i would like to point out that you only have 3 premium mids....! Mids make up a good portion of your score, and you can basically always count on well over 100+ from these players. i know your banking on Mummy & Cox to make up for it, but down the line i think it may cost you.

Also i do worry about the GWS bye with the 8 players that you have from their team? how will you cover all those players? You might have upgraded some by then, but its a lot of trades to be using to avoid having bulk players on  a bye.

We will see... 

felsty

I don't think I ever had Rooey in my team.. The guy is past his prime! :S
He has been slowly declining the past couple of years and I honestly can't imagine him scoring over 90 tops!
90avg doesn't define a keeper to me :P

felsty

Cheers for the concern! I will have traded in a lot of cows by then but I also think a lot of us are losing sight of our goals by taking a short sighted view on preparing for the byes. The way I see it I'm trying to get a well structured team in I can count on and worry about the byes when I come to it. But like I said I wouldn't just trade out a gws rookie when it is coming up to bye time if he still has a lot of fattening up to do..
In the mids I felt like a lot of solid rookies are from there and I have selected the best on offer. Another reason is the amount of fwd/mid rookies that can fit in there too! Boyd and Ablett are prolific scorers and Selwood is way underpriced and can score heavily himself. Plus you're right about my rucks.. They should be able to cover 4mid 1ruck premiums easily enough

felsty

im having a few doubts on broughtons role in the fremantle team once players come back in (Mundy, Barlow, etc.)
follow this link, i would love to hear your opinion on the player i have earmarked to take his place.. http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,53076.0.html

mpollock

@ben_020285

I agree with the money in the bank but 50k is excessive ... I would suggest more like 15k to avoid the rookie problem you mentioned (that i got caught with one year as well).  50k is not utilizing all your cash which is a big mistake.

Also, NRoo ... has shown ABSOLUTELY nothing last year as so far this year in the NAB.  I know he was an absolute GUN in the past and may be again ... but there is zero justification for picking him up front this year.  If him or J.Brown etc come good then jump on later i reckon.

Great team feltsy ... love the lock and forget ... had cox/mummy most of the pre-season but changed to have 3 rookies with mummy at the last minutes ... Giles looked good so worth it so far (also have Hale as a backup plan in the forward line).

felsty

Yeah money is a bit of a worry but I don't feel like I'm going to miss out on much and if I have I'm not too worried because I'm very happy with the rookies I have in my side

mpollock

At the moment you have Kennedy, McDonald and Bugg who were the standout rookies so far along with Giles of course.
I am sure someone like Hall for example who you don't have will kill it .. not such a big deal as he is ony $106k price bracket but if Spurr gets promoted and kills it that would really suck not having the cash to jump on without a mid/gun downgrade.

Like always ... risk v reward ... good luck ... strong team mate!!

felsty

I just hope coniglio fires up for the next round. Shiel I can excuse but I paid good money for Cogs!!  >:(

felsty

Been tinkering around with a 3 rookie ruck
downgrading cox and upgrading lake/porpoise but also looking at midprice mid options

follow the link and let me know what you think! - http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,53213.msg694716.html#new

tor01doc

WCE have the one of the easiest draws to start.

Cox will not drop a lot, especially if NicNat is doubtful.

Save yourself a trade and keep Cox.