*ALMOST DONE* Please rate and I'll rate.

Started by SoupAStars, March 24, 2012, 03:54:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SoupAStars

What are you guys thoughts on this team:
DEF: Goddard, Deledio, Shaw, Heppell, Clarke, Ellis, Bugg (Mohr, Spurr)
MID: Pendlebury, Ablett, Selwood, Watson, McDonald, Magner (Ledger, Shiel)
RUC: Mumford, Redden (Giles, Stephenson)
FWD: Franklin, Goodes, Fyfe, Martin, Sidebottom, Smith, Pfeiffer (Hall, Dickson)
CASH: $10,200

FYI, bye structure is:
        Prem. + Rook. = Total
DEF:  0/2/2 + 2/2/1 = 2/4/3
MID:  0/3/1 + 2/1/1 = 2/4/2
RUC:  0/1/0 + 1/1/1 = 1/2/1
FWD: 0/3/2 + 2/0/2 = 2/3/4
TOT: 0/9/5 + 7/4/5 = 7/13/10

Few questions in my mind:

• Is Clarke worth $170K or should I get another rookie? If the latter, what do I do with the money?
  • Or, should I go with Davis/Hargrave on the backline?
  • Is Pendlebury with the $...downgrade to Swan/Rockliff/Boyd/Mitchell/Thompson?
  • Goodes vs Chapman vs Pavlich vs rookie + upgrade DEF rookie to premium

felsty

B: good, will be interesting to see heppells scores in his second year.. could be a nice POD. dont know about clarke as 5th def though.. i would maybe try and upgrade with money from pendles?
M: definitely get someone in for pendles.. can get him a lot cheaper later on.. if downgrading you could go to a rookie and upgrade rucks and clarke? just a thought
R: solid starting 1-3
F: great line, strong with sidey at f5!
all in all its not a bad side.. i would seriously consider dg pendles to a boyd, priddis, murphy, thompson, then upgrade clarke to a lake, hargrave etc..

rate mine? http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,52835.0.html

Noz

Pendles may drop a bit in the early rounds with a higher break even in saying that won't drop alot your paying top dollar for him and will reward you nicely.

Good team like the inclusion of Sidebottom and starting Redden over Giles is different.

Good luck in 2012

SoupAStars

Thanks for the feedback.

I'm really keen on having a super-premium MID if I replace Pendles. So that means a $610K+.
If I do that, there's not enough $ to upgrade Clarke to anything useful.
Therefore, who's a good replacement for Clarke: Tomlinson? Someone else?

Any other suggestions for restructuring?

Heroes121

In my opinion turning clarke into hargrave or downgrading to a rookie would be a better option.
Also you are probably best going with the downgrade of pendles to free up some more cash and he will drop price and you will be able to pick him up later for a much better price.
Id probably stick with goodes for your forward choice.
All round good side.

Also if you have the time could you analyse mine
http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,52740.0.html

SoupAStars

Quote from: Heroes121 on March 24, 2012, 05:04:16 PM
In my opinion turning clarke into hargrave or downgrading to a rookie would be a better option.
Also you are probably best going with the downgrade of pendles to free up some more cash and he will drop price and you will be able to pick him up later for a much better price.
Id probably stick with goodes for your forward choice.
All round good side.

Also if you have the time could you analyse mine
http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,52740.0.html
Thanks for the advice. Unfortunately, whilst I agree with you, my problem is that I can't get enough $ out of a Pendles downgrade to do anything useful. Any thoughts on where I could scrape money from?

SoupAStars

Thoughts on Pendlebury->Rockliff, Pfeiffer->Kerridge, Clarke->Hargrave?