An ode to the poor old Fantasy coach

Started by CFC 1979, March 24, 2012, 03:54:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CFC 1979

So with 5 hrs to the start of a new season we are all now reasonably settled in our teams.

So a bit of an ode to 2012 and stuff that has and may go through our heads ;

What could go wrong ? Surely nothing.  You ask yourself "have i considered evertything " ?

Ok i have my GWS rook's in place. Did i pick the right ones? Have i got them in the right place ? Has anyone given me a bum steer? Surely not. Maybe i should drop one more GWS rook for Couch / Neale / Ledger just to add flexability for next week ?

Premiums ! There is one place i know i am right. I took my time, spent my cash. I have the best of the best. Or have i ?
Maybe a tweek in the backline ? Or a downgrade somewhere to bring in that extra ultra premium in the mids ?

Ah the rucks. I know that is set. 1 + 3 structure can't go wrong. Make the cash, sell em off and upgrade.
Or should i pull in Kruz at R2 ? Set and forget, that used to be the way to go. Do i upgrade to Coxy ?  Was that Giles and Redden i saw named in the magoos ?

Oh dear, now my head goes to those dreaded mid pricers. Maybe that guy isn't going to break out like i thought ? If i just shift him sideways to that other mid pricer, that would be the go. He is definately going to break out. Isn't he ?
Oh crap, now i need more cash to fit that guy in. Can i sacrifice some cash downgrading one of those higher priced rook's ?

Ok thats it. Locked and loaded. I have next week to do some more tweeking if i need to. Oh crap Devon Smith has come out with the bloody vest on. Ahhh

Oh well, i have taken my time to put the best team on the park i can. They will get me through. Got everything in place for the MBR's. My strategy is solid. I'll just trade my way through it. Surely none of my guys i expect to play will be missing come the MBR's ? I won't be forced to trade to a crap player during this time ? Couldn't happen to me. Could it ?

Ok nearing the end of the season. Top of the ladder My side is pumped with Prem's. This is it. I cannot be defeated. Sit back and relax. Knock the head off a frothy. Ah life is good.
Oh wait, teams are out for the prelim final. Fyfe + Martin are injured. Bloody Hawks and Pies and Cats are resting guns. Ahhhhhhh. Oh well i have 2 trades left.
Make my trades.  None left. I have $3 000 000 sitting on the pine.
Rotten mongrel who finished 8th is going to knock me off.

300 000 started the year. I was going to win it all. Well there is always the Premiership. There is always next year.

I hate this game ------- till 2013 that is

kilbluff1985

Perthwildcat

T Dog