David Hale - Worth it or not?

Keep Hale - 2/2 Ruck
1 (10%)
Downgrade Hale and upgrade elsewhere - 1/3 Ruck
9 (90%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Voting closed: March 24, 2012, 11:50:46 PM

CatAttack9

Alright, I've dropped Hale down to Stephenson (Giles will be my R2, Redden and Stephenson on the bench). Have $304k spare, but not sure where to spend it. Opinions?

EDIT: Options to upgrade are probably Porplyzia, Cripps or Caddy, maybe Coniglio.

kma07

Maybe get Fyfe in?

Other than that, solid team all round.

Do you think D.Martin will overcome the tough start?
I'm a tigers fan and absolutely love the kid but I see him as an upgrade target after the tough fixture..

Although i hope i am proved wrong :)

CatAttack9

Quote from: kma07 on March 24, 2012, 10:23:02 AM
Maybe get Fyfe in?

Other than that, solid team all round.

Do you think D.Martin will overcome the tough start?
I'm a tigers fan and absolutely love the kid but I see him as an upgrade target after the tough fixture..

Although i hope i am proved wrong :)

I'm about 50k short of picking up Fyfe. And yes, I think D.Martin will still perform under the pressure early, so I think I'll stick with him :)

In terms of Fyfe, I could drop Malceski down to Lake and then upgrade, but I'm a bit unsure of Lake after last year's performance. Thanks for your feedback :)

CatAttack9

Alright this is my current team, still taking suggestions :)

B: B Goddard, B Deledio, H Shaw, G Birchall, B Lake, B Smedts, T Bugg <J Townsend, S Morris>
M: D Swan (c), C Judd (vc), J Selwood, N Fyfe, S Coniglio, D Shiel <S Kerridge, J Magner>
R: D Cox, J Giles <J Redden, O Stephenson>
F: L Franklin, A Goodes, M Pavlich, D Martin, J Porplyzia, J Cripps, D Smith <A Kennedy, T Dickson>

Money: $17700

ando_10

backs: nice be wary of round 13 bye with goddard lids and birch really strong though :)

mids: unsure on judd not a very good pre season a good upgrade target i think fyfe belongs down forward

rucks: fine

forwards: ditch pav for fyfe :) no to cripps sub vest candidate again. apart from that good

7.5/10

heres mine http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,52175.0.html

CatAttack9

Quote from: ando_10 on March 24, 2012, 11:14:50 AM
backs: nice be wary of round 13 bye with goddard lids and birch really strong though :)

mids: unsure on judd not a very good pre season a good upgrade target i think fyfe belongs down forward

rucks: fine

forwards: ditch pav for fyfe :) no to cripps sub vest candidate again. apart from that good

7.5/10

heres mine http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,52175.0.html

Cheers buddy will do, any ideas of rookies to downgrade cripps to?

CatAttack9

Team looks like this now:

B: B Goddard, B Deledio, H Shaw, G Birchall, B Lake, B Smedts, T Bugg <J Townsend, S Morris>
M: D Swan (c), C Judd (vc), J Selwood, J Redden, S Coniglio, D Shiel <S Kerridge, J Magner>
F: L Franklin, A Goodes, N Fyfe, D Martin, J Porplyzia, A Tomlinson, D Smith <A Kennedy, T Dickson>

Money: $39100

Unsure whether to start Tomlinson or Kennedy on the ground, thoughts? Also not sure where to spend the rest of my money.

TeamTina

I would dump harry taylor, bring in lake hargrave or malceski

Get rid of Hayes, Judd. you must have ablett in there!

Also not convinced Pavlich can keep going

CatAttack9

Quote from: TeamTina on March 24, 2012, 11:49:05 AM
I would dump harry taylor, bring in lake hargrave or malceski

Get rid of Hayes, Judd. you must have ablett in there!

Also not convinced Pavlich can keep going

See my team in the latest post. I have made another couple of changes on top of that:

M: G Ablett (c), D Swan (vc), J Selwood, J Redden, S Coniglio, D Shiel <S Kerridge, J Magner>
F: L Franklin, A Goodes, N Fyfe, D Martin, J Porplyzia, A Kennedy, D Smith <T Dickson, D Pfeiffer>

Money: $6400

Not sure whether to start Kennedy, Dickson or Pfeiffer on the ground. Thoughts? Feedback appreciated :)

ando_10

yeah i was gonna say cripps to pfeiffer. and i would start kennedy on the ground pfeiffer has got the saints... and dickson in his first game against eagles may not see heaps of it.

CatAttack9

Quote from: ando_10 on March 24, 2012, 12:32:22 PM
yeah i was gonna say cripps to pfeiffer. and i would start kennedy on the ground pfeiffer has got the saints... and dickson in his first game against eagles may not see heaps of it.

Thanks buddy :) I think I have my final team now. Still taking suggestions if anyone else has any...?

canasta

Like the move to 1-3 rucks, think it's a good strategy. Current team is a lot better than the original, got rid of Hayes, Dangerfield to FWDS etc. Can't really fault it. Good mix!

CatAttack9

Quote from: canasta on March 24, 2012, 03:50:05 PM
Like the move to 1-3 rucks, think it's a good strategy. Current team is a lot better than the original, got rid of Hayes, Dangerfield to FWDS etc. Can't really fault it. Good mix!

Thanks mate! :) Good to know I've done something right this season after a pretty bad last couple of years.

tigertops

yeah pretty good team now. seems alot of teams have 13 prems.

i reckon Pfeifer would be best to start, but thats if he plays. he should get a gig. dont know much about kennedy..

CatAttack9

Quote from: tigertops on March 24, 2012, 07:00:51 PM
yeah pretty good team now. seems alot of teams have 13 prems.

i reckon Pfeifer would be best to start, but thats if he plays. he should get a gig. dont know much about kennedy..

I think I will go with Pfeifer, and have Kennedy as emergency, since Kennedy has already been named. Thanks :)