David Hale - Worth it or not?

Keep Hale - 2/2 Ruck
1 (10%)
Downgrade Hale and upgrade elsewhere - 1/3 Ruck
9 (90%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Voting closed: March 24, 2012, 11:50:46 PM

CatAttack9

This is the first year I've really tried to take SC seriously, most of the time it's just mucking around with my mates, so any and all feedback (positive and negative) would be great! :) I'm especially looking for any more 100k players who have been playing well in the NAB cup and are likely to play R1, as I haven't been paying much attention to the preseason.

Backs: B Goddard, B Deledio, H Shaw, G Birchall, H Taylor, B Smedts, T Bugg <J Townsend, S Morris>
Mids: D Swan (c), C Judd (vc), P Dangerfield, L Hayes, S Coniglio, C Wingard <D Shiel, J Magner>
Rucks: D Cox, D Hale <J Redden, T Derickx>
Fwds: L Franklin, M Pavlich, D Martin, S Sidebottom, J Porplyzia, J Cripps, D Smith <A Kennedy, T Dickson>

Money: $8400.

The Current Team (I will update this as I make changes)

DEF: B Goddard, B Deledio, H Shaw, G Birchall, B Lake, B Smedts, T Bugg <J Townsend, S Morris>
MID: G Ablett (c), D Swan (vc), J Selwood, J Redden, S Coniglio, D Shiel <S Kerridge, J Magner>
RUCK: D Cox, J Giles <J Redden, O Stephenson>
FWD: L Franklin, A Goodes, N Fyfe, D Martin, J Porplyzia, D Smith, D Pfeiffer <A Kennedy, T Dickson>
Money: $6400

Ringo

Solid Team.
Backs: Solid - Nice unique selection with Taylor - Just watch Smedts being named.
Mids: Little weak here as a suggestion downgrade Hayes to Caddy and Upgrade Dangerfield to Selwood. (Will never be cheaper than now imo)
Rucks: Sound Look at Giles rather than Derickx if wanting cash cows
Forwards: No issues here.

7.5/10 but capable of 8.5/10 with a little tweaking.

CatAttack9

Thanks buddy, I have Smedts in there because if he does get named I think he'll get more than Townsend, but if he doesn't, Townsend is my emergency anyway so it's covered. Thanks again for the feedback :)

CatAttack9

Quote from: Ringo on March 23, 2012, 11:02:22 PM
Solid Team.
Backs: Solid - Nice unique selection with Taylor - Just watch Smedts being named.
Mids: Little weak here as a suggestion downgrade Hayes to Caddy and Upgrade Dangerfield to Selwood. (Will never be cheaper than now imo)
Rucks: Sound Look at Giles rather than Derickx if wanting cash cows
Forwards: No issues here.

7.5/10 but capable of 8.5/10 with a little tweaking.

Have made the changes above, anyone have any other suggestions? All feedback is good feedback :)

CyclopZ

Solid Team - i like quite like it. David Hale intrigues me a lot - its going to be interesting to see how he goes.... good be a solid selection this year.

I agree with Ringo RE: Mids... i personally like the Marc Murphy pick a bit better than Judd this year just because of age and injury concerns.... but thats just me. Still not sold on Hayes - very old to be coming back of a knee reco and i dont think he will be an elite scorer this year. Up to you though.

overall - 7.5 out of 10

The Supercoach

After the changes that ringo told you, it will be a nice team. Personally i dont like davd hale at all (I no he has had a good nab cup but i dont think he can perform like that week in week out) and you could maybe look at downgrading him to get the 1 prem 3 rook ruck strat. This would give u a bit of cash to upgrade someone to another premium.

8/10  :)

Good Luck

CatAttack9

Quote from: The Supercoach on March 23, 2012, 11:23:15 PM
After the changes that ringo told you, it will be a nice team. Personally i dont like davd hale at all (I no he has had a good nab cup but i dont think he can perform like that week in week out) and you could maybe look at downgrading him to get the 1 prem 3 rook ruck strat. This would give u a bit of cash to upgrade someone to another premium.

8/10  :)

Good Luck

Thanks for your feedback mate, I'll consider downgrading Hale, but like you said he's had good NAB Cup form and I'm a bit hesitant on trading him out. Cheers :)

CatAttack9

Quote from: CyclopZ on March 23, 2012, 11:16:06 PM
Solid Team - i like quite like it. David Hale intrigues me a lot - its going to be interesting to see how he goes.... good be a solid selection this year.

I agree with Ringo RE: Mids... i personally like the Marc Murphy pick a bit better than Judd this year just because of age and injury concerns.... but thats just me. Still not sold on Hayes - very old to be coming back of a knee reco and i dont think he will be an elite scorer this year. Up to you though.

overall - 7.5 out of 10

Thanks for the feedback :) And yeah, I downgraded Hayes like Ringo suggested.

CatAttack9

I'm a bit worried about having so many DP players in my forward line and back line who can go to the midfield, but not having any able to go the other way :( Any suggestions?

fever

can you post your latest team?

of the original i like the hayes to selwood after danger to caddy move. also i'd have danger in the fwds over sidey. giles is a must in the ruck.

dont like taylor in def. yeah he's a good unique, but you can do better for cheaper (malceski, lake) or find an extra 80-90k and get broughton or adcock.

CyclopZ

Quote from: CatAttack9 on March 23, 2012, 11:39:45 PM
I'm a bit worried about having so many DP players in my forward line and back line who can go to the midfield, but not having any able to go the other way :( Any suggestions?

Yeh - i know what you mean mate. Its tough this is why i put Kerridge from Adelaide in my mids bench. He has forward eligibility and looking to use him as my link to the forward line. A Kennedy is another good one. Maybe look at using one of these guys to give you that option - they both will be playing games this year.

The only problem you face is picking one mid to let go to free up the spot for one - good luck :-)

Rate my team when you get a chance. Thanks

http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,52550.0.html

CatAttack9

Quote from: fever on March 23, 2012, 11:49:28 PM
can you post your latest team?

of the original i like the hayes to selwood after danger to caddy move. also i'd have danger in the fwds over sidey. giles is a must in the ruck.

dont like taylor in def. yeah he's a good unique, but you can do better for cheaper (malceski, lake) or find an extra 80-90k and get broughton or adcock.

Current Team:

Backs: B Goddard, B Deledio, H Shaw, G Birchall, H Taylor, B Smedts, T Bugg <J Townsend, S Morris>
Mids: D Swan (c), C Judd (vc), J Caddy, J Selwood, S Coniglio, C Wingard <D Shiel, J Magner>
Rucks: D Cox, D Hale <J Redden, J Giles>
Fwds: L Franklin, M Pavlich, D Martin, S Sidebottom, J Porplyzia, J Cripps, D Smith <A Kennedy, T Dickson>

I've had Taylor in my defence for the last two years and he seems to put in a solid performance most weeks, however, I'll look at downgrading him to Malceski. I think Lake is a bit of a risky pick at the moment. Thanks for your feedback :)

Quote from: CyclopZ on March 23, 2012, 11:52:54 PM
Quote from: CatAttack9 on March 23, 2012, 11:39:45 PM

Yeh - i know what you mean mate. Its tough this is why i put Kerridge from Adelaide in my mids bench. He has forward eligibility and looking to use him as my link to the forward line. A Kennedy is another good one. Maybe look at using one of these guys to give you that option - they both will be playing games this year.

The only problem you face is picking one mid to let go to free up the spot for one - good luck :-)

Rate my team when you get a chance. Thanks

http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,52550.0.html

I looked at having Kennedy in the midfield but like you said I couldn't really find a spot for him in the midfield. I'll try switching around a few and post back. Cheers :)

CyclopZ

Yep - thats the joy of this. So many different avenues you can go down - i always notice that this time of the year, teams have a lot of similarities but its the decisions you make during the year that make teams so different from one another once we get to the end of the season.

Good luck - interested to see your final team once you are locked in!

fever

primus has said that wingard will be in n out of the team until he can build a tank for regular footy.

not sure how much cash you have left, but taylor to malceski, wingard to kerridge (you dont need to have shiel/magner on ur bench, they'll score well enough to be on field. kerridge provides you with a DPP link to your fwds), then you can upgrade sidebottom to goodes, who is almost a must have imo.

if you still cant afford that upgrade then you could swap taylor for lake (who i think will ave somewhere from 80-95, which is better than taylors 75, which i see no reason that it'll change).

CatAttack9

Quote from: fever on March 24, 2012, 12:35:02 AM
primus has said that wingard will be in n out of the team until he can build a tank for regular footy.

not sure how much cash you have left, but taylor to malceski, wingard to kerridge (you dont need to have shiel/magner on ur bench, they'll score well enough to be on field. kerridge provides you with a DPP link to your fwds), then you can upgrade sidebottom to goodes, who is almost a must have imo.

if you still cant afford that upgrade then you could swap taylor for lake (who i think will ave somewhere from 80-95, which is better than taylors 75, which i see no reason that it'll change).

Thanks mate! That's the best option I have I think, so this is my current team:

B: B Goddard, B Deledio, H Shaw, G Birchall, N Malceski, B Smedts, T Bugg <J Townsend, S Morris>
M: D Swan (c), C Judd (vc), J Selwood, J Caddy, S Coniglio, D Shiel <S Kerridge, J Magner>
R: D Cox, D Hale <J Giles, J Redden>
F: L Franklin, A Goodes, M Pavlich, D Martin, J Porplyzia, J Cripps, D Smith <A Kennedy, T Dickson>

Money: $4400.

Feedback is always welcome! :) Still undecided about downgrading Hale and going with a 1/3 option in the ruck...