Final Team (hopefully)...all info will be helpful :) and ill help where I can

Started by t.thomas6, March 23, 2012, 10:43:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

t.thomas6

Hey guys,
This is the final team I've come up with. Any constructive criticism is VERY welcome :)

One risk I've taken (as you can all probably see) is Hale as R1 with a 1-3 strategy (if you can call it that). This was done due to pre-season form and the fact that due to injury to their other rucks, he will do the majority of the ruck work for the initial part of the year.

BUT...I'm happy to hear all your thoughts  :) Post away!

t.thomas6

ando_10

its only early in the morning pal be patient lol

backs: good a few injury risks in there such as malceski,adcock,lake but all in all still good :)

mids: fine no problems here. i like the jobe watson move can win the brownlow

rucks: heres where my problem is DO NOT believe the david hale hype yes he had a good pre season. but there are way better options

forwards: bit risky with porps at F5 but hopefully he has a good year. rest is good

7/10

http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,52175.0.html

t.thomas6

Yeh i was thinking about going the Mummy, Giles, Redden and one of Rowe or Stepho as another choice.

Extremely happy with the Watson at M4 too :)

Any pointers to fix up those issues through the ruck, backs (to limit those injury concerns) and fwds (to get porps to F6)?

Thanks for the feedback and rate  :)

ando_10

yep downgrade either adcock or malceski to a rookie someone like smedts and put bugg on the ground.

then upgrade pfeiffer to dangerfield?? to get porps as 6th forward.

t.thomas6

ok...i've tried
Adcock for M. Clarke
Hale for Mummy and
Pfeiffer for Danger

Can anyone think of anything better? Maybe a better option than Clarke? Still not 100% sold on what he can make week in week out. :(

ando_10

nope thats good spot on i think.

clarke is a bit of an unknown but someone needs to play half back and should be well in front of yagmoor

t.thomas6

Awesome. So this is Team 2.0 lol

Keep feeding back and rating  :P

ando_10

apart from the mids our teams are nearly the same exact same back

rucks are the same to haha. looking good.

t.thomas6

Would anyone else like to comment/give feedback and rate? Would be MUCH appreciated :)

Scalabrine

downgrade porpz to a rookie then upgrade malceski to somebody like broughton and use remaining cash to upgrade montagna to a 600k prem?

t.thomas6

Yeh I'm not 100% on Montagna...after last year anyway. He has potential and COULD be a potential cash cow...but it's a big plunge.

Thanks for the tips :)

t.thomas6

Ok guys...had another rethink:

Downgraded Montagna to Caddy and gone with a 3-3 midfield structure...
Then upgraded Clarke to Broughton.

Part of me is thinking Caddy might step up this year going by his NAB Cup form. I've been too-ing and fro-ing with this most of the day...

So my team looks like this now:

What do you all think? Please comment and rate.

Cheers  :)

Scalabrine

How much cash left?

Good team, I think pick one of Malceski or Lake and then downgrade the other to a rookie. This gives you some money to just tweak your mid premiums if you want. Such as Watson may be a little risky this year with injuries so you could upgrade him to the likes of J Selwood, Rockliff, M Murphy, Priddis who ever you want :)

t.thomas6

I see what you're saying.
So something like this?

I've left Priddis out the last two years after ALMOST picking him each time to my peril...and he will be getting A LOT of ball from Coxy and Nic-Nat.

This side leaves me 46k instead of the 2k from the previous side.

How does this look guys?