Final Team (hopefully)...all info will be helpful :) and ill help where I can

Started by t.thomas6, March 23, 2012, 10:43:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

t.thomas6

Ok got it....i think.

Heard a lot about Kerridge (MID/FWD)!

Swap for Ledger and problem solved :) Smith can stay a foward and Sheil/Conlignio mids :P

Any issues?  :-\

Ringo

What are your thoughts on Ledger. - Could you use Smith there.  Bear in mind when they max out you will be trading so no real issue with 3 GWS in same line. Zorko will be ripe for downgrade when named to retain DPP.

t.thomas6

Heard good things about him. Only worry is how much game time he'll get.
I could even throw in Kennedy from GWS where Kerridge now sits.
And what about Zorko? Isn't he out till round 2? and will he get game time?

Explain to me veteran coach! :P

Ringo

Just a short explanation for you - say you put Smith in as DPP in mids he starts accumulating points from Round 1 but value is adjusted at the start of Game 3. (Players must play 3 games before price is adjusted).  Say Zorko does not come in until Round 3 it means he does not increase in value until Round 5 Say in your opinion Smith has peaked in Value at $250k at the start of round 5 you downgrade him to Zorko and have $140k to use on upgrades,  That is what is meant when we say downgrade targets and Zorko will be one depending on when he starts playing. There may be others who will come in as well to keep an eye. 
One of the tips for the season is keep an eye on rookies who are scoring well and downgrade to them before they raise in value.  A handy tool to use is on the front page click on players and when the drop down box appears at the side click on Bubble boys SC and get the list and you can then research and make decisions which ones to downgrade to.
Back to Zorko imo he will get games as he is mature aged and a goal sneak which Brisbane really need.

t.thomas6

Would it be better to keep Kerridge to limit the overuse of GWS rookies or put Smith in the mids and throw say a Kennedy (GWS) in the fwds who is ALSO a DPP?

Having Kerridge AND Smith in there looks like it allows for flexibility and Zorko is a MID/FWD meaning I can downgrade either of those guys. Only worry is Kerridge and how many games he'll get and IF he gets named...

Thoughts Ringo? and others too? :P

Ringo

Somehow I missed your suggestion on Kerridge replacing Ledger. He was Adelaide's first draft pick last year from memory and looked good in the NAB cup. As with most rookies it is pure speculation from us as to how many games players will get,  In these instances go with your gut. Like Kerridge in mids with keeping Smith in forwards. I have smith as F7 in my team as well.

t.thomas6

Gut it is :) I'll show some faith in the Kedge :P

So...THIS is the FINAL team that I will not change before tonight's game (touch wood)

I think this team will fair well for the first part of the 2012 SC season :P