Can I make top 10,000?

Started by thebuddyshow, March 22, 2012, 03:06:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thebuddyshow

Hey guys, I've never posted my team on fanfooty before because I always wanted to try to put a good team together using my own brain. Over the years this has led to some success but I've never been able to crack the top 10,000. I know a lot of it has to do with luck but I'm starting to think maybe I'm doing something wrong. So here's my team. Tell me what you think of it and any changes you think I should make that will give me a shot at finally cracking that top 10,000

P.S. I haven't paid to much attention to the byes this year and I know there's going to be one round where I get absolutely murdered. But apart from that what are your thoughts??

thebuddyshow

Apparently my link didn't work  :P

BACKS: Goddard, Scotland, Shaw, Birchall, Marty Clarke, Darley, Morris (Townsend, Yagmoor)

MIDS: Pendlebury, Ablett, Fyfe, Deledio, Devon Smith, Clay Smith, (J McDonald, Magner)

RUCKS: Cox, Maric (Giles, Stephenson)

FORWARDS: Franklin, Pavlich, Chapman, Martin, Porplyzia, Cameron, A Kennedy, (Smedts, Hall)

Wild Thing

Some serious issues here...

1. Defender rookies you'd really want to look hard at as this year it is imperative to have everyone playing most weeks, and I'm not convinced Yagmoor is consistently in Collingwood's best side especially with Reid, Tarrant, Maxwell, Shaw, O'Brien, Clarke, Toovey etc alll in front of him when fit.

2. Fyfe and Deledio are completely wasted in the midfield.  You want as many midfielders as you can get playing in their alternate lines.  Don't worry too much about DPP's, as you need playing emergencies anyway for them to be effective.  Why have Deledio and Fyfe in your final team in the midfield when you can have them in DEF/FWD and load up the mids with Swan/Boyd/Murphy/Mitchell/Thompson/Priddis/Selwood etc as opposed to having to find good performing defenders and forwards??

3. There are a plethora of gun ruckmen out there this year, and Ivan Maric isn't one of them.  Mumford/Goldstein/Leuenberger/Sandilands/Jacobs/McEvoy will all score better than Maric.

4. Porplyzia is a huge risk, he's only played 20+ games once in the last six seasons, which is no good for your team when he's sitting on the bench injured.

thebuddyshow

This is the kind of feedback I like.

1. and 3. I should have said before that the rookies aren't set in stone just yet, hence Yagmoor is in atm. I also should have said I only have $8100 in the bank, and Maric was the last player chosen and best ruckman available that I could afford(in my mind). I think Cox will be great this year, and every time I haven't had him from the start I've been burned so I haven't picked mummy or any of those other you mentioned.

2. Last year I got burned with my lack of DPP and even though some think it might be a waste, by the end of the year I plan on having Fyfe and Deledio as my 5th and 6th mids hence why they are in the team. I'm hoping Fyfe can avg. 110+ and Lids 100+ which I don't think is too bad for your 5th and 6th mid

4. I know Porplyzia is a huge risk but it's one im willing to take.

Thanks for your feedback Wild Thing :)