Still not sold....

Started by thewizz, March 22, 2012, 01:10:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thewizz

Still not totally convince by 1 prem 3 rookie ruck set up.
Have Mummy, Giles, Redden and Big O atm.
Should I stay or should I go?????

kilbluff1985

i'm doing something even more crazy lol

jasonweare

HawksFlyin

I've gone cox n Giles which I've settled on. Redden n the big oz for my rooks. You'll be surprised how many will go with 1 prem n giles

4INAROW

quick question... if giles or redden goes down early and is out for 7 weeks and i there are no other rookie priced rucks playing, what do you do?

Hot_Dogs

Quote from: 4INAROW on March 22, 2012, 01:31:36 PM
quick question... if giles or redden goes down early and is out for 7 weeks and i there are no other rookie priced rucks playing, what do you do?

You have to suck it up!

bowyanger

Put Orry on the ground?

Obese Arachnid

Pllay Giles or Redden, which ever one isn't injured. Still having the Big O as back up.

meow meow

Cordy, Longer, Giles, Redden/Orren is the way to go.

quinny88

I dont know why so many people are going with a 1/3 set up in the ruck this year. Giles is the only one that looks capable of scoring ok. Redden will score well once in a blue moon and unfortunatly bigO looks useless. so baisically there are only 2 rookie rucks worth having, may aswell set and forget and tick that position off before the season starts

bowyanger

Quote from: quinny88 on March 22, 2012, 03:03:22 PM
I dont know why so many people are going with a 1/3 set up in the ruck this year. Giles is the only one that looks capable of scoring ok. Redden will score well once in a blue moon and unfortunatly bigO looks useless. so baisically there are only 2 rookie rucks worth having, may aswell set and forget and tick that position off before the season starts

Your basing this decision on pre season I take it. Good luck with that assessment theory

If they get games, thats good enough for me.

Champion Data rewards ruckmen well.

Theyre never intended to be keepers, just cash cows, and releasing a lot of coin to spend elsewhere prior to round 1

I will take a cheap player to market happily after they have bottomed out averaging 60...which would be very hard for a ruckman that spends a lot of TOG, wont be playing with niggles at the start of the season & more than likely wont get green vested to average so poorly.

Were talking about ruckmen that due to retirement and injury, Redden, Giles and if West doesnt perform, even Orry,  will more than likely hold down the No 1 ruck spot at their club.

Nah...your right...I dont get it why peeps are going 1 & 3 either

brownmans muffins

Cox/Mummy with Redden/Giles for me.

quinny88

Quote from: bowyanger on March 22, 2012, 03:13:48 PM
Quote from: quinny88 on March 22, 2012, 03:03:22 PM

Your basing this decision on pre season I take it. Good luck with that assessment theory

If they get games, thats good enough for me.

Champion Data rewards ruckmen well.

Theyre never intended to be keepers, just cash cows, and releasing a lot of coin to spend elsewhere prior to round 1

I will take a cheap player to market happily after they have bottomed out averaging 60...which would be very hard for a ruckman that spends a lot of TOG, wont be playing with niggles at the start of the season & more than likely wont get green vested to average so poorly.

Were talking about ruckmen that due to retirement and injury, Redden, Giles and if West doesnt perform, even Orry,  will more than likely hold down the No 1 ruck spot at their club.

Nah...your right...I dont get it why peeps are going 1 & 3 either

Just like your basing your decision to get 3 rookies in the ruck from one pre season. Its the only position you can complete and forget about for the year before round one so u may aswell.

afl_freak2

cox cost to much $$$$ he will be 50 k cheaper come round 5-6

bowyanger

Its the only position you can complete and forget about for the year before round one so u may aswell.
[/quote]

Yeah fair point

Ruckmen being big and heavy (falling harder), having to run a stink load & getting in everyones way at ball ups causes them to be pretty susceptible to injury though.

Eg....211, Roughnut (was contending a ruck contest when went down), Hille, Kruezer, Bailey, Renouf etc, etc

Youd be a very lucky punter to set and forget for the whole season...but of course it is possible