Main Menu

Is it a 10?

Started by yates, March 22, 2012, 11:37:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

yates

G'day everyone!  :)

Backs: Goddard, Scotland, Deledio, Malceski, Lake, Bugg, Morris. (ellis, smedts)

Mids: Ablett, Swallow, Selwood, Watson, C. Smith, Mcdonald. (Miles, Ledger)

Rucks: Cox, Giles. (Redden, stephenson)

Forwards: Franklin, Goodes, Fyfe, Martin, Dangerfield, D. Smith, Kerridge. (Saad, Dickson)

Left over money: $5,400

Questions: is there any injuries of any players that i have not seen here?
               Are these the right rookies? have i missed out on any that should be in?

What is your rate? (with some additional comments)  :D
Ill rate your back.

Thanks a lot everyone!

tkringle

Backs - Solid, If esky stays fit and gets back to his 2010 form he will be great value.. i'm not as confident in his knees. May be better options that scotland this year, he's top priced and not sure if he will maintain his 2011 form (he wont improve in anycase), maybe Brougton instead?

Mids - Love the inclusion of Watson!, solid but a couple of potential vest wearers in Smith and McDonald

Rucks - I'm a believer in set and forget so i wont comment :)

Forwards: Solid, not sure on Kerridge though..

Scalabrine

Very balanced team, Malceski could be a good pick this year. Watson should be in for a good year as well.
8.5/10

Wild Thing

Not a bad team but there is too much money to be made from midfield rookies to be starting 4 premiums in there IMO.  I'd be downgrading one of your premiums in midfield and turning Stephenson into Mumford/Sandilands/Leuenberger etc.  Clay Smith will play some games but is a prime candidate for a vest when he does and his disposal in below average currently.  McDonald is a huge risk based on the fact he is a 36yo and I would be putting games into kids rather than playing him on a regular basis.  Dangerfield is a nice pick but he's had potential for the last three years unrealised, so I hope for your sake he gets there this year for the money you have to spend on him ( I won't be taking that gamble personally) and I think Saad will be in and out for most of the year with so much competition for small forward spots at St Kilda this year (Milne, Schneider, Saad, Milera, Cripps etc)

yates

Quote from: Wild Thing on March 22, 2012, 03:15:27 PM
Not a bad team but there is too much money to be made from midfield rookies to be starting 4 premiums in there IMO.  I'd be downgrading one of your premiums in midfield and turning Stephenson into Mumford/Sandilands/Leuenberger etc.  Clay Smith will play some games but is a prime candidate for a vest when he does and his disposal in below average currently.  McDonald is a huge risk based on the fact he is a 36yo and I would be putting games into kids rather than playing him on a regular basis.  Dangerfield is a nice pick but he's had potential for the last three years unrealised, so I hope for your sake he gets there this year for the money you have to spend on him ( I won't be taking that gamble personally) and I think Saad will be in and out for most of the year with so much competition for small forward spots at St Kilda this year (Milne, Schneider, Saad, Milera, Cripps etc)

what rookies do you suggest instead of saad, mcdonald, and clay smith? thanks alot!

tor01doc

No. Sorry.

Malceski and Lake in the same line represent too much of a risk to make this a perfect team.

Darley rookie down back.

3 premiums with same bye - cannot be 10/10!

No Pendles Swan Murphy. Surely one of these would be better than Swallow.

Rookies here - Ledger, Clifton, Shiel, C Smith, Coniglio, Pfeiffer, Caddy*, Kennedy, MAGNER!

Rucks fine and get Mummy soon.

Forwards look fine to me.

Couch might get a game @ $94K.

8.5/10 because of risky backs.

Oratorio

backs: like a lot. especially malceski, if he stays fit should be a great unique pick! almost had him myself.. with the rookies, good but not too sure on smeldts myself now as could cop the vest quite a lot!
Mids: Like the premiums. Watson should be a good pick! although im a fan of the 3-3 and free up money for somewhere else (mayb rucks)
Rucks: like cox, but personnally dont rate the 1:3, prefer to have to premiums, or someone who has played a bit before.not sure how mmuch game time stephonson will get. could be risky
Forwards. Like a lot. great premiums. dangerfield should have a great year if NAB is anything to go by. not too sure on kerridge, but havent heard a lot about him!
overrall pretty decent 8/10