Rise Of New Stars

Started by Pkbaldy, March 21, 2012, 11:51:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pkbaldy

CURRENT TEAM:

Defenders: Goddard, Deledio, Broughton, Malceski, Lake, Clarke, Smedts ((Bugg, Ellis))

Midfielders: Ablett, Rockliff, Bartel, Moloney, Shiel , Wingard ((Magner, Ledger))

Rucks: Mumford, Leuenberger ((Giles, Stephenson))

Forwards: Franklin, Pavlich, Martin, Dangerfield, Porplyzia, Smith, Pfeiffer (( Kennedy, Hall))

Cash: $31,900

Any feedback would be nice!

mpollock

Thanks for the rate mate.

Some feedback on your team:

B: Solid but may be better priced players then Hale ... i.e Lake, Hargrave, Golby etc ... but good for a unique however
- I also think Clarke will not play round one ... Guthrie from Geelong is more likely

M: Hayes is a risk ... May need a few round to get his touch back ... esp. after being knocked out last week!!
- Otherwise solid

R: Solid as ...

F: McGlynn could be a nice unique ... I think Goodes and/or Fyfe are essential however

Overall pretty solid - 8.5/10 (only because your uniques are not for me ... but may work out!!)

Pkbaldy

Hale? You mean Hurn? haha
Yes i think he will be a massive risk. But when you watch some of his game he has star potentional.
Yeah as long as i have a full team round 1 Clarke can sit on the bench he will probably turn out to be a cash cow for me.

Yeah Hayes is a massive risk, but i love the mans spirit. And i really have no idea who i could pick instead of him.

Yes i know my rucks are sexy :D haha

I had McGlynn last year, some weeks he made me feel like i was gonna win, some weeks disappointed me. But pre-season he looked smoother, hopefully get me up a bit.

Thanks for the rate mate, i will have a look around still for maybe swapping around Hayes and maybe McGlynn, But at the moment i'll keep Hurn!

cuz_crew

i like your strat, however it involves risk. you may take a hit early on with points. you will make a lot of cash and be able to upgrade nicely through out the year. hopefully you can make up for the lost points later in the year.

porps risk
bartel never scores big
hayes ?? might be over for him who knows? risk
hurn up and down risk
clarke will score the same as a rookie but costs 60K more.
McGlynn up and down risk

very unique team and has room to gain cash. 8 out of 10

Pkbaldy

Well i sort of have a B team where i swap Hurn for Malceski, Hayes for Moloney, and McGlynn for Dangerfield...

greco272

Hurn??? Nope for me, to inconsistent loses you league games and won't be that great for overall.

Hayes Risky... but okay! Bartell.. hmm selwood would be better..! but not to bad overall

Rucks good... would love to see cox floating in there but cant have em all.

McGlynn... Not for me, better fantasy options! Get on danger-mouse!

All just opionis thou overall 8.3/10

Will be competitive in most leagues!

Zabs

Backs, strong, I hope hurn pays off for you.

Mids, hmm, I know everyone loves rocky and I'm a Brisbane supporter but just don't have the plums to put him in. Maybe coz he was a rookie not too long ago and I think premiums need to have at least 2-3 good scoring years under their belt. Hayes should do well, he is an animal, Bartel burnt me last year with some crap performancs that cost me games so I won't get him again

Rucks - very strong

Fwds, nice, I wouldn't go mcglynn, he can get lost in games

Overall some nice Pod's, if they pay off you will do well, however I think the game is won in the midfield and you have some risks

8/10

Pkbaldy

Team has been changed! More feedback would be awesome!

Zabs

Go montagna instead of Maloney, Downgrade Clifton for shiel and bring in jobe for bartel.

Pkbaldy

I go for the Saints and Montagna... Not at his best at the moment, and Moloney is underated as hell! he will end up in the top 10-15 midfielders by the end of this year :P

Yeah still debatting a couple of rookies. Need to see where they're going to be placed tomorrow night.

And i despise Jobe Watson, i'd rather Tambling :P haha

Oratorio

thanks for the rate mate,
Backs: with the first team hurn is a no for me! can get big scores but never steps up when needed! definitely malceski over him, very good unique pick if he stays fit.. smedts on the field is a big risk, as not sure if he will get lots of game time! could also cop the vest a lot. id suggest putting ellis on the field instead? otherwise pretty decent (just watch lake with his crippled body aha)
Mids: you're right, ablett is probably a must have, but i a bit too expensive for me atm! i liked bartel, but just had to have selwood over him as he is definitely worth the money! moloney is a no for me, as he just doesnt have the skill around him to give him the ball and wont rack up big scores as often as others could. but otherwise very good
rucks: not 100% sure on luenburger, i had him, then got rid of him i myself would prefer hale, who has had a great pre-season, and will play ruck/go forward in a very good team that will go far into the season. and mummy should chop as per use.
Forwards: dangerfield seems to be the word atm and so many teams have him now, but really should be a breakout season if NAB was anything to go by! definitely him over mcglynn anyhow, however it is a very solid forward line, but if you could sneak in fyfe somewhere as he is almost a must have!
over all about a 7.5/10 :)

Pkbaldy

Thanks for the feedback! The rookies aren't set yet. I will wait till tomorrow to see who i put on the field.
I'll keep Ablett i reckon he will just destroy it all year. No one loves Moloney i swear :P haha he is a great player and should be considered! Leuenberger is still a maybe for me. I did have Mumford/Cox but that is too much destruction. haha :P
And for the mids i prefer Pavlich over Fyfe...I'd like to add him but i don't think he will go as well as he did last year. I like the risk of Bartel too. He has potential to be one of the bests in the league

Pkbaldy

Changed around Clifton to Shiel... Or should i try for another Rookie besides Shiel?

Moon64

Team looks good.
Don't know about Malceski. But if he stays fit he'll be good value.

8/10

Rate mine please

http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,52509.0.html

cozza123

Love Bartel in there, could be a nice unique like montagna was a couple years back