Final Team Before Weekend Teams Are Announced

Started by dmac07, March 21, 2012, 01:34:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dmac07

What do you think? Any feedback appreciated.

Def: Goddard, Deledio, Shaw, Broughton, Lake, Ellis, Bugg (Darley, Morris)

Mid: Pendlebury, Ablett, Selwood, Coniglio, Wingard, Clifton (A.Kennedy, Magner)

Ruck: Mumford, Giles (Redden, Stephensen)

Fwd: Franklin, Fyfe, Chapman, Martin, Cloke, Porplyzia D.Smith (Cameron, Kerridge)

$10,100 leftover.

tor01doc

Would prefer this...

Goddard, Deledio, Shaw, Scotland, Broughton, Fisher, Enright (Newman, Suckling)

Ablett, Pendlebury, Swan, Selwood, Murphy, NDS (Rockliff, Judd or Boyd)

Cox, Mumford (Leuenberger, Sandi)

Buddy, Fyfe, Martin, Goodes, Pavlich, SJ, Chappy (Cloke, Dangerfield)

;D

dmac07

tor01doc

dmac07

Sabretooth Tigers

Obviously a good high scoring capability team and to have a team that good there has to be one sacrifice.
Yours is in the ruck and would guess that may be you first upgrade. IMO Shaw is over priced, have you checked out the pre season form of M Golby for near half the price. However good team and good luck.
9/10

tor01doc

Shaw and Golby are in different leagues.

Stick to your tried and tested long term keepers and reap the benefits with more points and more trades left over when it matters.

13 premiums including Pendles is a great effort.

My only concerns for you are

The usual R13 def donut
$ $pendles too much $$
Coniglio - high price given he is likely to get tagged and we've no idea how he'll cope.
Cloke - just my opinion. Fancy dresser like Michael Jackson with one glove does my head in.
Lake, Porps and Selwood all great picks - value for money.
Get Cox early and you're away.
Nice.

dmac07

Yeah Shaw is pricey, but there just aren't many good options down back, the only other ones Im keen on are Fisher, who I put just behind Shaw, and Bock, who is suspended.

My first few upgrades ideally would be Cox into the Rucks, then Bock or Fisher in defense, and Swan or Murphy in the mids.

Yeah I'm not sold on Coniglio either, what other rookie that I dont have would you suggest? Anyone up to 200k. I'm picking Cloke in the hope he will be my slight unique, at least at the start of the season, dominated in the last pre-season game, his kicking does my head in, but taking close to double the contested marks of everyone else means big SC scores!