ZAHARAKIS VS DANGERFIELD / MITCHELL GOLBY VS B.LAKE,

Started by byza37, March 20, 2012, 04:01:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

byza37

in two minds over ZAHARAKIS VS DANGERFIELD. becuase i have no dons players and have porpz up front already.
Who will score better?

Was thinking golby as a smokey and cash cow,

but would be at ease with the secruity of lake but unsure as how his avg will rise over the rounds.

What do you all think will be the best option, what will you do?

Thanx heaps guys.

4INAROW

lake by a mile, proven performer, if he stays fit his ave will rise to somewhere close to his best.

i know flower all about golby tbh, so can't comment.

Manbearpig

Golby has good disposal, and has had a good NAB Cup, but I don't know if he's going to be knocked out of the lineup when Drummond comes back.

Lake will take lots of contested marks which = 8 points per mark. Doggies seriously need him with all their injuries in defence, so the only concern would be Lake remaining uninjured.

byza37

Thanx dude.
Yeh i think we all know lake is a headcase once he racks up his contested marks and touches.
Guess i was just trying to get a unique with golby,and  yeh was worried when drummond came back.
but like i said will probz feel safer with lake, so probz go lake if you guys rekkon.

4INAROW

definately lake mate for all reasons mentioned above.  :)

meow meow

Golby will keep his place in the team if he's performing. He is capable of midfield time. Plenty of upside.

Disco

QuoteGolby will keep his place in the team if he's performing. He is capable of midfield time. Plenty of upside.

I never thought I'd say this but I agree with Meow Meow. Golby has probably been the top scorer for Lions in the NAB. If he keeps this up he will keep his place as well as being a unique pick (and less risk than Lake injury and mentally wise)

byza37

thnx guys, yeh i rekkon golby has by far been the lions best backman over the pre season
and defs in the best 3 for all postions over the nab cup. but if lakes snaps i will b so gutted.

T Dog

Get them both in a mid pricer strategy. Just dump a rook and see what cash you can shuffle around

Disco

I reckon it will take Lake a while to get back into it. Remember he played bugger all last year and had surgery on about three different parts of his body

Manbearpig

Golby had some nice SC scores in the NAB Cup:

http://mp3.news.com.au/hwt/afl/2012/SuperCoach_2012_preRD01.pdf

I only saw him vs Melbourne, but he seems to have a very nice kick on him.

byza37

Quote from: Manbearpig on March 21, 2012, 09:23:49 PM
Golby had some nice SC scores in the NAB Cup:

http://mp3.news.com.au/hwt/afl/2012/SuperCoach_2012_preRD01.pdf

I only saw him vs Melbourne, but he seems to have a very nice kick on him.
Thnx heaps mate.

jimmytigs

zaharakis & lake by the length of the flemington straight-somebody else asked sidebottom vs danger & i said sidebottom but without sarcasm,mate sarcasm is all i got for this comparison,& i see another idiot is asking chappy vs danger,i dont think i will even visit his post,he can only be joking-again for those not tuning in-danger is a gutsy courageous highly talented player who anyone would love at their club,but his penchant for trying to kill himself every week including games where the crows are leading or trailing by a squillion makes him a fantasy liability-steer clear of him

devize

Quote from: jimmytigs on March 22, 2012, 05:47:36 PM
zaharakis by the length of the flemington straight
Disagree with you on this. Zaharakis had his break out year last year, I can hardly see him improving on last year whereas Dangerfield now in the mids will see him improve on his average considerably. His penchant for trying to kill himself every week doesn't make him a liability, it makes him a point scorer (you know hard ball gets are worth 4.5 points, right?).