Are my DPP's situated correctly? Top 250 finish in 2011

Started by boneman, March 20, 2012, 05:10:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

boneman

Def: Goddard*, Shaw, Birchall, Broughton, Lake, Ellis, Darley (Bugg, Morris)

Mid: Ablett, Boyd, Selwood, Deledio*, Clifton, Pfeiffer* (Ledger, Gibson)

Ruck: Mumford, Giles (Redden, Stephensen)

For: Franklin, Goodes*, Fyfe*, Martin*, Dangerfield*, Smith*, Hampton* (Hall, Couch*)

* = DPP

Questions...

- Does Deledio in the Mids work? Got him there to cover DPP with Mid/Def.
- Gibson/Ledger v Cunningham v Magner? I like what Ledger has produced in the preseason but what's his JS like?
- Lake v Hargrave?
- Upgrade Dangerfield for one of Chapman, Cloke, Riewoldt J or N or Sidebottom? Have gone a little cold on Dangerfield and thinking a unique instead.

Any feedback would be fantastic.

bmac25

like the team.  Don't know if lids in the mids is neccessary as you can now do 3 way trades.  Also I'd stick with Danger as the crows have a very cruisy draw first up and could make you some cash early on.  Ledger should get plenty of games.  The only issue is the green vest, but I think that will most likely go to Saad.

tor01doc

13 premiums + Danger, Goddard, Ablett and Buddy - tick tick and tick, good rookies, enough DPP to make you feel like you've put a lot of thought into it, space for Cox when he drops in price, not too much bye trouble.

A great selection.

Nice.

But - Delidio lives in the backline. He is missing his mate Goddard. Move him back as he's getting homesick.

That's all.

9.15/10.

boneman

Quote from: tor01doc on March 20, 2012, 11:28:49 AM
13 premiums + Danger, Goddard, Ablett and Buddy - tick tick and tick, good rookies, enough DPP to make you feel like you've put a lot of thought into it, space for Cox when he drops in price, not too much bye trouble.

A great selection.

Nice.

But - Delidio lives in the backline. He is missing his mate Goddard. Move him back as he's getting homesick.

That's all.

9.15/10.

If I was to bring Deledio back to defense I would have to dump one of the Premium Defenders... Birchall??? Then find a suitable midfielder to replace him.

I would have $512,400. I was trying to steer clear of mid priced players. The only one that I like from pre season form is Parker or Masten but its a big gamble and would weaken my Mids. For this money I could get D.Swallow, Sidebottom or Burgoyne to name a few?

I have done some cost cutting of my rookies (Ledger-Magner, Lake-Hargrave, Pfeiffer-C.Smith) and would have $546,900 available which leaves the door open for a Montagna or Cotchin to fill the midfield spot?

Thoughts?

Warfey

i would do the montagna option as deledio should be defense and then if you want you can upgrade montagna later and he is cheap after a poor season last year

boneman

Quote from: Warfey on March 20, 2012, 09:05:17 PM
i would do the montagna option as deledio should be defense and then if you want you can upgrade montagna later and he is cheap after a poor season last year

Montagna's price is very tempting. He still averaged 100+ last season and with Ross "Negative" Lyon gone his numbers could flourish again. The only issue I have with bringing him in is having to cost cut some rookies. This is what I have come up with:

Def: Goddard, Shaw, Deledio, Broughton, Hargrave, Ellis, Darley (Bugg, Morris)

Mid: Ablett, Boyd, Selwood, Montagna, Clifton, Smith.C (Magner, Gibson)

Ruck: Mumford, Giles (Redden, Stephenson)

For: Franklin, Goodes, Fyfe, Martin, Dangerfield, Smith.D, Hampton (Hall, Couch)

Thoughts???

jumbo

I reckon keep the rookie line up that you are most happy with. Pop Lids in the back line and drop Birchill. Then go for Lenny Hayes in the midfield . I think he will last the distance long enough for his price to go up and look at upgrading him by say round 7-8 ish.. depending how he goes....

just a thought.

boneman

Quote from: jumbo on March 22, 2012, 11:21:38 AM
I reckon keep the rookie line up that you are most happy with. Pop Lids in the back line and drop Birchill. Then go for Lenny Hayes in the midfield . I think he will last the distance long enough for his price to go up and look at upgrading him by say round 7-8 ish.. depending how he goes....

just a thought.

Hayes would be a genuine unique but at his age durability is very dangerous.

C'mon guys I've been rating teams all week. Some more constructive comments would be great.

connollc

Move lids back, one of the fwds to mid, Martin or danger and go with riewoldt.

New problem, no darley in the GWS, who to replace with/???

boneman

Quote from: connollc on March 23, 2012, 01:35:47 PM
Move lids back, one of the fwds to mid, Martin or danger and go with riewoldt.

New problem, no darley in the GWS, who to replace with/???

Darley - Spurr if named

Riewold - J or N? Both risky options I think Montagna will have more consistent output of scores, may not get a big 150 like JRoo can but should average 100.

???