Previous topic - Next topic

Which pair?

Swan & Shaw
15 (71.4%)
Pendlebury & Broughton
6 (28.6%)

Total Members Voted: 1

jfitty

Just putting the finishing touches to my team and I'm not sure about what pair to pick from these two options. I would rather have Pendlebury than Swan, but I'm not sure if Broughton over Shaw is a good idea or not. Any advice is welcome :)

JimMundy93

every one would rather pendles over swan
but there scoring wont be to different
but shaw will easily outscore broughton and barr him being a flowering idiot again he will be the much safer choice

BillyBeane

I have a theory on polls: they are completely useless - if you are competitive like me - why give an indication of which way you may be going with your team. I'd respect people more if they responded falsely and indicated in the poll the players or combo they like least. I'm sure people do that - so what's the point of polls - figure it out for yourself - I doubt you can rely on honest responses anyway.

jfitty

Quote from: BillyBeane on March 19, 2012, 05:30:28 PM
I have a theory on polls: they are completely useless - if you are competitive like me - why give an indication of which way you may be going with your team. I'd respect people more if they responded falsely and indicated in the poll the players or combo they like least. I'm sure people do that - so what's the point of polls - figure it out for yourself - I doubt you can rely on honest responses anyway.

Fair enough, but why post this on my thread?

I think polls are very useful. It's much easier for someone to pop in and give their advice in the form of a vote than a post. I've always voted in polls honestly, and I'd like to think most people would, but if not, then thats my problem not yours. Plus it's absolutely no different to people 'responding falsely' with posts in threads.

I've done plenty of research by myself, and I'm extremely happy with my side, I just wanted some second opinions and fresh ideas to help me out. And this is barely giving away any 'indication of what way I may be going with my team'. I'm deciding between 2 of the most picked backs and 2 of the most picked midfielders, and like most people will end up with all 4 in my team eventually regardless.

Please keep your theories to yourself.

cortez

I think if you have an attitude like that you should piss off and just dont bother doing anything on this forum. it  is here to help people that arent sure on things. so stop being a prick or flower off!!!

yorgis

exactly cortez, won't be taking any advice from him .how can you respect some one who knowingly gives you false info.

are u serious billy. people who do that are called cheats buddy ,so why don't u just p off. on a more serious note

jfitty, i'm pretty much in the same boat as u and i'm  leaning toward swan and broughts. either would be good provided

broughts doen;t get injured and heater stays out of trouble. swan and pendles both good upgrades later

coolfugitiv0

I think cortez and jfitty summed it up nicely Billy. +1 for each.
The forums about helping each other, not about improving your own chances.

jfitty, I went with Swan and Shaw.

Swan I think is underpriced from his injury-affected form during the matches right before he went to Arizona last year.
Shaw I think will improve on his average, while I still think Broughts will get a lock down role occasionally, especially once Barlow/Mundy are back and fully fit.

Broughts for ceiling, Shaw for consistency.

The Supercoach

Quote from: cortez on March 19, 2012, 06:12:34 PM

I think if you have an attitude like that you should piss off and just dont bother doing anything on this forum. it  is here to help people that arent sure on things. so stop being a prick or flower off!!!

+1

Capper

Quote from: The Supercoach on March 19, 2012, 07:23:43 PM
Quote from: cortez on March 19, 2012, 06:12:34 PM

+1
+1

Quote from: jfitty on March 19, 2012, 04:56:28 PM
Just putting the finishing touches to my team and I'm not sure about what pair to pick from these two options. I would rather have Pendlebury than Swan, but I'm not sure if Broughton over Shaw is a good idea or not. Any advice is welcome :)
But why wouldnt a pie supporter not pick Shaw?? too risky?? are you going out on the town to put a bet on with him?? ;D