Partial Lockout 2012

Started by Wacky Tiger, March 19, 2012, 02:40:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wacky Tiger

Its probably been covered and if someone could please point out the post it would be much appreciated.  Im guessing we have a partial lockout for the Swans v Giants game a week before the rest of the round.  Anyone help?

DoctorRush

I was just looking for this as you posted, but didn't really find anything conclusive.

It's a Partial lockout for Round 1, but I was wondering whether that meant only the players from GWS and Sydney would be locked in and we would still have unlimited trades to lock in the rest of our squad in the next week.

Sorry to hijack your thread, but perhaps you need the answer to this question as well.

Wacky Tiger

Quote from: DoctorRush on March 19, 2012, 02:59:45 PM
I was just looking for this as you posted, but didn't really find anything conclusive.

It's a Partial lockout for Round 1, but I was wondering whether that meant only the players from GWS and Sydney would be locked in and we would still have unlimited trades to lock in the rest of our squad in the next week.

Sorry to hijack your thread, but perhaps you need the answer to this question as well.

Absolutely this is the info i was after too

jfitty

The partial lockout means that only your GWS and Sydney players will be locked in after that first match. Then you will have all of the following week to do what you like with the rest of your team. Same thing applies for the Carlton and Richmond game too I think.

Blaircam

The problem I have here is that you have unlimited trades prior to the lockout. But only GWS and Sydney will have listed their teams prior to the first weekend.
We will only know what rookies GWS and Sydney are playing prior to the first game. We will not know anything about who might get listed to play from any of the other teams.
Will we still have unlimited trades until the second weekend in case we want rookies from the other teams??? Or will we have to take a punt of who might get listed to play in every other team and possibly burn lots of trades early unnecessarily?
I hope that makes sense (it did in my head).

jfitty

You will have unlimited trades after the GWs and Sydney game to pick the rest of your team.

The only players that will be locked in as of next Saturday night are players from GWS and Sydney. After that game, you are free to do whatever you like with your team, just like you can now, until that weekend when the next lockout occurs

CrowsFan

jfitty is absolutely correct. This year there will be 2 partial lockouts in the first round.

The first partial lockout is after for the GWS vs Sydney match. Once that game has been played any Giant or Swan you have in your team will be locked in and can't be traded out. All other players are still able to be traded in and out at will.

The second partial lockout is for the Carlton vs Richmond match on the Thursday night. Once that game starts all Blues or Tigers you have in your squad (plus the Giants and Swans) will be locked in and can't be traded out. All other players are still able to be traded in and out up until the full lockout, which starts once the Friday night match begins.

Hope that clears it up ;)

Blaircam

Thanks Crowsfan - that makes it nice and clear.
;D

coolfugitiv0

+1 CF

"There is a rolling lockout in effect for Round 1. All GWS and Sydney players will be locked in at the first bounce next Saturday but you can continue to make unlimited trades with players from all other teams until the next weekend."
Linky

bkimm32

How about captain's lockout?

Can we set say Goodes as a vice captain and see what he scores, if it's a good score give the (c) to a non-playing captain, if it's terrible just give the (c) straight back to a Pendles/Ablett after the partial lockout?? Or did they fix this?

Might be hard to find someone who isn't going to play round 1, in my squad anyway... Magner and Stephenson might be the only possibly candidates.

coolfugitiv0

Quote from: bkimm32 on March 19, 2012, 07:40:14 PM
How about captain's lockout?

Can we set say Goodes as a vice captain and see what he scores, if it's a good score give the (c) to a non-playing captain, if it's terrible just give the (c) straight back to a Pendles/Ablett after the partial lockout?? Or did they fix this?

Might be hard to find someone who isn't going to play round 1, in my squad anyway... Magner and Stephenson might be the only possibly candidates.
Difficult to say if they fixed it until it has been tried.
Their solution for the first round partial lockout however, was auto-assigning a captain when you make your team.

Colliwobblers

from all reports i have heard the captain loophole has not been closed.

In regards to the partial lockouts, you are STUCK with the GWS and SWANS you have after the game is played but have unlimited trades for players to go in and outof your team from the other clubs.

I take this to also mean however that players from GWS and SYDNEY that You DON'T HAVE, also cannot be traded into your team after the game.? just as the ones you DO HAVE can't be traded out.

Fair assumption.

bkimm32

Yeah that would seem about right. I can't imagine they would allow you to trade in Izzy after he kicks 8 goals and scores 150+ points :)

dickitch

Why could you not trade in GWS players after the game, it's not like they play twice in rd 1, you still have to wait til round 2 so you gain nothing

jballstars

erm the reason you cant trade in gws/swans players after the game is obvious surely cos you know you can see what they scored  O_o