Green Vest candidates

Started by FonFatty, March 19, 2012, 01:35:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FonFatty

With the sub rule introduced last year selecting the best cash cow rookies has got extremely hard. Last season there were several cash cows that ended up sitting on the pine wearing the green vest and not making much $$$.

IE. Shaun Atley, Rohan Bewick etc.

Which cash cow options do you believe are the prime candidates as subs for their respective teams?

My candidates are;

Ade: S Kerridge
Carl: K Lucas
Coll: M Clarke
Fre: L Neale
GC: A Hall
Melb: T Couch
Port: Wingard
Rich: S Morris
StK: T Ledger
WC: K Stevens
WB: C Smith

It makes me think twice about selecting all the blokes I have mentioned above because if they do start off wearing the vest more times than not you will be in big trouble early on and honestly how are you going to upgrade to premiums?

Are there any other rookies that you fear might be wearing the dreaded green vest on a regular basis?

Manbearpig

Good list. I think Ledger will still be a good option for your bench at his price. Morris too.

From Essendon, I think Colyer will probably be vested a bit.

Mat0369

Of the guys you have listed Lucas will play early and often with Carltons injuries at the moment. If he performs early he will keep his spot until at least Laidler gets back. Marty Clarke is going to be similar to Krakouer last season and get the vest a few times while also being subbed off a few times. They will want to manage his workload so he is the perfect candidate. I think Port will play the kids and with Hartlett getting injured I would expect Wingard to get a lot of game time. The Bulldogs are looking for tough body players who are hard at the ball and the man. Smith fits this description even though he is a kid. The coach loves him as well so he should get games early.

Rohan is a player I had sitting in my team that I think might also get the vest. The subs more often became players with leg speed that could play multiple positions. Smedts is the other one that pops straight into my head.

In terms of receiving the red vest Saad for the Saints, if he plays, is one guy I think they might look at subbing off.

Mat0369

Quote from: Manbearpig on March 19, 2012, 02:58:37 AM
Good list. I think Ledger will still be a good option for your bench at his price. Morris too.

Colyer played very well when coming on as a sub for Essendon last year. Breust had the same effect for the Hawks. They can be SC killers though

kilbluff1985

Quote from: Mat0369 on March 19, 2012, 03:17:38 AM
Quote from: Manbearpig on March 19, 2012, 02:58:37 AM

Colyer played very well when coming on as a sub for Essendon last year. Breust had the same effect for the Hawks. They can be SC killers though

Doubt it will be Colyer Bomber Thompson on AFL 360 said Colyer has prob had the best pre season at Essendon and guys like Winderlich and Dempsey are more likely candidates for the vest coming back from injury

newfreofan

I thought Hartlett only had bruising? Either way I can see Wingard and Pfeiffer alternating the vest between them to be honest. God I hate the sub rule!

ronl

I would say Winderlich by a mile.

Swallow12

Sammy Gibson as well? If he plays I'd assume he'd be sub