what happened to this guy...

Started by Goddard_18, March 18, 2012, 09:58:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goddard_18

sam gibson from the kangas
anyone know if he will get games this year?

quinny88

I would like to know the answer to this too becaise I have him in my side but not sure if hes even gonna play

Ringo

He is still on Norths rookie list and unless he gets elevated to as a result of LTI's or players on veterans list will not get games.  Changes for these are usually announced prior to round 1 so keep an ear out.

Torress

there is a handful of rooks atm with what seems to be a lack of JS

Quote from: Goddard_18 on March 18, 2012, 09:58:43 PM
sam gibson from the kangas
anyone know if he will get games this year?

wouldn't it be easy if we knew he'd get games!! lol!! has the credentials, but might be at the wrong club. there are quite a few they rotate in the mids. i don't like his chances much to be honest. will get a gig but might not be early enough. still got a little while to go with partial lockout, but if we don't pick GWS this week thats it!!  :'(

ando_10

well north have tom curran on the LTI list so id say gibson would be first in line for elevation

bottlemart

I had him in my side until recently, but looking at the side north played yesterday against carlton and reading into waht brad scotts said, it looks like the team north used is what they will line up with in R1. 

Gibson was in the 25, but only 23 were used even though were allowed to use 25.  I would say the 22 for R1 will come from the 23 who played.  Ziebell will also come back into the side in R3 after supsension.  Grima and Greenwood are also 2 that didn't play yesterday, who may be in front of Gibson.

Gibson will be a good scorer when he plays, but I think that will be later in the season, so a good upgrade/downgrade rookie target for some time during the season.

Grazz

Norths rookie rotations are the worry for me with Gibson, he can play no question but how much will he play if elevated.

afl_freak2

gibson is better than half norths spud young players!! gibson should be in their best 15 players...... which aint hard to do

FonFatty

Curnow had a mediocre NAB Cup campaign last season and we all know what he did at the start of the home and away season.
These 2 have followed the same path to get a crack in the AFL.
If Gibson is named in rnd 1, it will be hard for the roos  to drop him afterwards, the guy can seriously play.

Wolf67

Quote from: afl_freak2 on March 19, 2012, 12:31:48 PM
gibson is better than half norths spud young players!! gibson should be in their best 15 players...... which aint hard to do

You seem to have a lot of dislike for north. 

I heard robbo on SEN talking up norths batch of youngsters, saying the likes of atley, mcmillan, harper and others such as anthony have made good ground this year, and with the batch of younsters before them, such as cunnington, bastinac, ziebell, and tarrant they are on the right track. 

If you think Gibson is in norths best 15 then you obviously know best.  Maybe go and have a chat to brad scott and take your anger out on him, and tell him that his team is just a bunch of spuds.

You can still get about 300/1 on north winning the wooden spoon this year, so get on quickly while the odds are still good, before they lose their first 15 games with all those spuds such as petrie, swallow, goldstien, wells and boomer. 

afl_freak2

Quote from: Wolf67 on March 19, 2012, 04:47:44 PM
Quote from: afl_freak2 on March 19, 2012, 12:31:48 PM

You seem to have a lot of dislike for north. 

I heard robbo on SEN talking up norths batch of youngsters, saying the likes of atley, mcmillan, harper and others such as anthony have made good ground this year, and with the batch of younsters before them, such as cunnington, bastinac, ziebell, and tarrant they are on the right track. 

If you think Gibson is in norths best 15 then you obviously know best.  Maybe go and have a chat to brad scott and take your anger out on him, and tell him that his team is just a bunch of spuds.

You can still get about 300/1 on north winning the wooden spoon this year, so get on quickly while the odds are still good, before they lose their first 15 games with all those spuds such as petrie, swallow, goldstien, wells and boomer. 

hey man dont hate me because your a north fan!!! im just saying gibson is better than half the youngsters in the north team,if gibson doesnt get picked for round one its only because the club feel the younger players from the draft are more worth sticking with at the moment!! come mid year when the young spuds do nothing......... GIBSON will play out the rest of the season!! having said all that i hope im wrong and gibbo gets a run round one.

Wolf67

Nah I'm not hating anyone man.  There does seem to be a bit of hatred and vitriole towards the North Melbourne FC though.  Not sure why.  Maybe some are worried that one day poor old north may have some further success.  You just never know. 

Yeah I'm a north fan and I've watched a fair bit of them live and on TV, so I'm probably able to provide a bit of insight into north players. 

North are a pretty soft target for people such as yourself to put the boots in at any given opportunity and its been that way for a long time now.  Having watched the youngsters last year, they appear to be on the right track.  The list is about middle of the road, and thats why they finished 9th last year and the year before.  They are still a fair way off the likes of Hawthorn, Geelong, Collingwood and West Coast.  Not sure how Carlton will go this year.  A poor pre season but the blues will probably be up there abouts again this year.  the crows look the goods and freo should rise again, so there may be only one spot in the 8 up for grabs.  Any one of about 6 teams can get that last spot.

Not sure where north will finish this year.  I think they are on the right track with their youngstes and Brad Scott thinks the same, but if you think they have a team full of spuds, then you and all the other north haters obviously know best.

As far as Gibson goes, he doesnt appear to be in the best 22 at the moment.  Not sure if he will be.  Thats the only real question taht anyone cares about right now.  thats waht this forum is all about. 

But if you want to have another crack at north, then go ahead.  Knock yourself out if it makes ya feel better.  Give the North Melbourne Football Club and all their spud players your very best spray.  And don't forget to mention that North won't be around in a few years and that they will have to re-locate or fold soon.  As a north supporter this is the sort of BS we hear on a daily basis, so we are a pretty used to it.  The people who put the boots into north don't seem to want to nominate their club either, so that would be a good start for anyone else who wants to put Shower on the club.

Wolf Out   

afl_freak2

i dont hate north at all!! i just think some of their young players are not to the standard of some of the other teams going around!! you can put that down to poor recruitment over the years. north are like the swans they dont have the best players going around but they find a way to win.I just find it hard to beleive gibson is not in their best 22?!?! i think its down right stupid!! i would never like to see north melb fold as a team........ they have a great history and deserve to be in the comp! best of luck for the year ahead :)

steven_ora

yorgis

i think maybe most people neglect roo rookie players only because they don't understand scott's thinking in playing them.

most seem to be in out in out all the time [ no one trusts his selections thats why its hard to pick norths rookies to play