Brutal honesty needed!

Started by Flipu360, March 18, 2012, 07:40:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flipu360

Hi,
This is my first crack for the season.
Was hoping for $100k left in the bank.
Struggling to find a mid/def to have in midfield to swap with Lids in defence. Not really willing to trade current prem mids for Goddard though. Any suggestions would be great as I think I might be dreaming

Backs: Scotland, Deledio, Shaw, Hargrave, B. Ellis, Smedts, Bugg <Darley, S.Morris,>

Midfield: Ablett, Swan, S.Thompson, Dangerfield, Caddy, A.Miles <Kerridge, Magner>

Rucks: Cox, Minson <J.Giles, J.Redden>

Forwards: Franklin, Goodes, Fyfe, Pav, Porplyzia, D.Smith, A.Hall <Treloar, Couch>

Cash Left: $161,800

Flipu360

Anyone? Or can I assume I've assembled the perfect side? lol
???

dickitch

i'm very new to this so wont do a breakdown, but things that jump out to me are Minson is very risky for his price, i'd maybe look at the 1/3 rookie ruck option - with the extra money move Dangerfield upfront to replace porps and get a prem midfielder.   Altho don't take my word as gospel, im new to this this season, just feel i should have some input seeing as im asking others

Flipu360

cool thanks. Any different pesrpective helps!
Still tossing around the 1/3 ruck idea. Might not make a final decision on that until last second depending on final squads.
That's one reason to have $100k availabel in bank if I decide to upgrade Minson to Mumford?  And the idea of 1/3 and upgradidng another prem is very appealing. I think Priddis or Boyd would look good in the mid.

Ringo

Personally I think $100k is a bit much in kitty but each coach will have their own individual ideas.
Defence is where you are weakest especially with Hargrave at D4. and playing 3 rookies on field.
I do not mind the pick of Minson in Rucks as he will be No 1 at Dogs and may be good unique for you.  He has had 3 very strong games in the NAB Cup and will be interesting what his SC scores are when released. Think they will be around the 90+ mark so not the worst. Looked at him as a POD myself but does not fit final structure I am going with. (1 Prem 3 Rook rucks).
With regards your back/mid dpp watch for Luke Brown, Sam Docherty or Tim Golds to be named and then use as downgrade targets in mid rooks to open the DPP for you. The other alternative if game is to replace Dangerfield with Burgoyne at the same price and he gives you the link as well. Will not be the worst if he rediscovers his Port form from 2009.
Forwards are very strong - probably a bit too strong imo with 4 super prem so maybe downgrade one to Dangerfield or Sidebottom for extra cash.

With extra cash look at getting in a def prem Birchall, Adcock. or Broughton in place of rookie.

rating 7.5/10 due to back weakness.

tor01doc

I like the slight differences from other teams here.

Just upgrade Hargrave to ? Broughton or Adcock.

Change Scotland to Goddard.

Move Danger forward if you really want him.

Drop one of the elite Dockers - your choice.

Spend a little money - after all it's not real.

Then see what you've got left to spend on your last spot in the middle.

Minson - whatever. Who knows?

Looks an OK team.

Flipu360

Great feedback guys, cheers!!

greco272

Minson - NO

Smedets - Won't play round 1

Hardgrave for lake proven better scorer in past.

Other then that pretty solid. Will do well in most leagues will just have to trade well and make good decisions.

Flipu360

Not long to go now!! Love this time of year!
So here's my latest, hopefully getting closer to final side.
I've been busy this week so not 100% up to date with rookie list action or final teams?

Backs: Goddard, Deledio, Shaw, Lake, B. Ellis, Birchall, Bugg <Darley, S.Morris,>

Midfield: Ablett, Swan, S.Thompson, Priddis, Caddy, A.Miles <Kerridge, Magner>

Rucks: Cox, Giles<Stephenson, J.Redden>

Forwards: Franklin, Goodes, Fyfe, Dangerfield, Porplyzia, D.Smith, A.Hall <Treloar, Couch>

Cash Left: $44,100

david123

SOMEONE PLEASE RATE MY TEAM:

David's team
Remaining Cap: $22,800

DEF: B Goddard, B Deledio, H Shaw, G Birchall, M Clarke, B Ellis, T Bugg, S Morris, L Brown

MID: G Ablett, M Murphy, M Boyd, J Selwood, S Coniglio, D Shiel, J Magner, S Gibson

RUCK: S Mumford, J Giles, H McIntosh, O Stephenson

FWD: L Franklin, A Goodes, S Johnson, D Martin, D Smith, D Zorko, B Smedts, A Hall, T Dickson