CAN IT GET ANY BETTER?

Started by Bigheat, March 18, 2012, 04:18:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigheat

BACKS   Goddard   Deledio   Shaw   Birchall   Lake   Ellis   Bugg   (Smedts / Darley)

MIDS   Ablett   Swan   Selwood   Watson   Clifton   Miles   (McDonald / Magner)

RUCKS   Cox   Redden   (Giles / Stephensen)

FOR   Franklin   Fyfe   Goodes   Martin   Porps   D.Smith   Pfeiffer   (Hampton / Hall)

How can I improve this?? $37K LEFT

tor01doc

Potentially avoid a donut R13 in defence by changing Birchall to Broughton or Adcock.

Same in mids with Pies, Cats and Bombers sharing R12 bye. Maybe need only 3 here and up your rucks. Debatable though as there are 2 lines of thinking here.

1/3 rucks fine allowing 4 mids.

Nice forwards.

Can improve, but only a little.

9/10.

johnnytheboy1

First Of all Giles instead of Redden in the Ruck, & Kennedy instead of Clifton in the mids or  Pfeiffer up forward i would leave that to you.
Apart from that there aren't really any changes you can make with just $37000

Backs 4 premiums Can't get any better
Mids: 4premiums Mids GWS seem to have the Best Midfied rookies apart from Magner at Melbourne.
RucksI Should be good enough prefer Giles though over Redden
Fwds: 4 premium forwards & 2 rookies not sure whether pfeiffer will get you many points though.

Overall Your team looks great it has 13 premiums . I give it a 8.5/10

Rate My Team please

http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,50052.0.html

Mushi

CAN IT GET ANY BETTER?

The answer is yes

tor01doc

Mushi, you cannot know that. Your opinion tells you to say that but how do you really know?

Also, do you think you could actually try and help the poor lad?

tor01doc

So you've chosed Swan (excellent and reliable), Selwood (excellent and cheap too) and Watson (very very good and a bit cheap but from a less successful team). I'd dump Watson.

Now who to select. Budget looks to be about $611K.

Can't be from Coll / Ess / Fre / Gee / Mel / Syd - that leaves the rest.

Could swap Pfeiffer for a cheaper rookie and then you've a little more.

So Sam Mitchell? Rockliff? Priddis? Boyd at a stretch. All will do really well.

You do realize though that we're all getting byes in probably more than one round (except me) so you'll probably agonise over who to get in now and end up with a donut anyway when you upgrade a rookie or two.

Mushi

Trolololololol, anyway serious time

Backs: Fine
Mids: Fine
Rucks: Never like the 3/1 structure, but people like it like that
Forwards: Maybe with the extra money upgrade Martin to Chapman, but i dont see how that is a massive improvement tho

Overall, pretty sweet, not much fault, check your rookies come the round 1 teams announcement and maybe use some money to get some smokey rookies.

9/10

tor01doc

That's nicer Mushi.

A cheer for you from your new friend rioligunn.  ???

Mushi

Quote from: tor01doc on March 18, 2012, 05:46:10 PM
So you've chosed Swan (excellent and reliable), Selwood (excellent and cheap too) and Watson (very very good and a bit cheap but from a less successful team). I'd dump Watson.

I like to see Watson as a gun like in previous years, i reckon he will get up there again this year, i dont think dropping him is really justified

Mushi

Yeah i know... just cracked the sads all of a sudden

tor01doc

Only suggesting dump Watson because of bye trouble.