Feedback appreciated

Started by LokiR, March 18, 2012, 03:52:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LokiR

Hey guys, just wondering if anyone had any thoughts on this team I've put together. I suppose the areas I'm still a bit concerned about are my defenders (am I taking too big a risk with Lake and Dempsey?), and some of my bench warmers. I'm trying to put together a team just for playing in mates' leagues, not going for ultimate national glory or anything. Anyway, if anyone has any feedback or suggestions they'd be greatly appreciated!

DEF: H Scotland, B Deledio, G Broughton, B Lake, C Depmsey, B Ellis, T Bugg (T Mohr, S Morris)
MID: S Pendlebury, M Murphy, A Goodes, J Watson, J Caddy, S Coniglio (A Miles, J Magner)
RUC: T Goldstein, A Sandilands (J Giles, J Redden)
FWD: L Franklin, D Zaharakis, R Gray, S Sidebottom, J Porplyzia, D Smith, B Smedts (A Treloar, S Kerridge)

$13,300 remaining.

Big_Cox14

Def: Solid premiums, good rookie choices & calculated risks in Lake & Dempsey. Lake is said to have the passion back for the game & Hird has been singing Dempsey's praises on maturing as a footballer with means that they both could be breakout material.

Mid: Like DPP link in midfield. Structure again is sound.

Rucks: Different premiums to mine but structure is the same.

For: Some interesting PODs. Only criticsm is possibly lacking another Elite Premium such as fyfe, pav, chappy.

Overall a very solid team with some calculated risks with PODs and good use of MPP. I give this team a 9/10. 

tor01doc

I am concerned about only 10 real premiums, and 2 of those being Goldy and Sandi makes me nervi.

Down a premium in defence.
No Goddard.
No Ablett.
Prendles too $$.
Goodes in forward line please.
Like Caddy and Coniglio IF you can afford them after sorting out the rest.
Weak forwards with only Buddy a premium.

Too much in mids and rucks taking away from an even team.

Good luck.

7/10 from me. I'll see what you change.

LokiR

Cheers for the feedback guys. I'll have a look at rejigging some spots and see if I can get another premium or two into the forward and back line.

LokiR

Alright I've had a re-jig. Seems like the only way I'm going to get more premiums into my forward line is to lose one of my expensive rucks and take a gamble on Giles. Not keen on losing Pendlebury, even though I agree he is extremely expensive, I just don't feel like I can afford not to have him. I had a hard time deciding between Caddy and Coniglio, but in the end I think if I had Coniglio I would have far too many GWS players in my starting 22. Also not sure if Goldstein will remain my #1 ruck, may swap him out for Mumford.

DEF: H Scotland, B Deledio, G Broughton, M Suckling, C Dempsey, B Ellis, T Bugg (T Mohr, B Morris)
MID: S Pendelbury, G Ablett, M Murphy, J Watson, J Caddy, A Miles (C Smith, T Ledger)
RUC: T Goldstein, J Giles (J Redden, O Stephenson)
FWD: L Franklin, A Goodes, N Fyfe, R Gray, J Porplyzia, D Smith, B Smedts (A Treloar, S Kerridge)

Remaining cap: $30,400

IN: M Suckling, G Ablett, N Fyfe (C Smith, T Ledger, O Stephenson)
OUT: B Lake, S Coniglio, A Sandilands, S Sidebottom, D Zaharakis (J Magner)

Once again any feedback appreciated! Do people think this is an improvement or have I made things worse?

tor01doc

Seems better.

A few pointers if I may.

R13 bye donut but everyone does. I know we all have to get Lids but he is so expensive and I'm counting on a drop at some stage. Maybe take a punt on say Newman, Adcock and go for Birchall instead of Suckling - personal preference.

Like Dempsey with a high ceiling and little to lose.

Too much $$ in the mids for sure. Makes your forwards and rucks look poor.

Caddy may be indulgent if you want 4 guns.

Gray could be fine.

Need another strong forward.

Mummy > Goldy too.

Pendles too $$$ for now. You'll be able to make up for possibility of lost points by upgrading a forward with savings from Pendles, Goldy and Caddy.

Keep on changing.

LokiR

I'm pretty keen to keep Gray in the side. Would you suggest perhaps moving him into the midfield and sacrificing Watson for a similarly priced forward?

I agree having Caddy in the side is a bit of an indulgence. But at the same time I haven't seen any more rookie midfielders that take my fancy who aren't from GWS. I'm pretty conscious of overstocking on GWS kids after I got burnt doing the same thing with GCS kids last season.

As for Suckling replacements, I like Newman but I've already got 2 active Richmond defenders in the 22 and would be pretty reluctant to add a third. Will have another look at defenders when I get home tonight.

Cheers for the feedback mate, big help.

LokiR

Another revision... Gone for a more evenly balanced midfield, and swapped Caddy for Wingard, which has allowed me to get Goddard into the back line. Still keen to keep Gray up forward (think he'll improve in price again this year), but just in case have $40,000-odd left over so can upgrade to a Chapman or similar if the first two or three rounds don't impress. Also have given Treloar the boot from the forward bench due to injury concerns.

IN: B Goddard, M Priddis, A Swallow, C Wingard, S Mumford (A Hall)
OUT: M Suckling, S Pendlebury, J Watson, J Caddy, T Goldstein (A Treloar)

johnnytheboy1

Backs: Solid Defence may go well  slight improvement on the first team
Mids: Excellent Midfield looks great good choice of rookies
Rucks: Good rucks
Fwds:   Again Excellent has great depth Robbie Gray is due to have a breakout year so he could be a good unique. Probably wood go Kennedy over Smedts.

Overall : I rate your team highly as you have a good balance of Premiums & Rookies.8.5/10