swan vs pendles

Started by eagles_h, March 18, 2012, 03:36:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eagles_h

tough to split, swan has been average in pre season, don't know whether to read into that though because it is only pre season. pendles is that 40k pricier, dunno whether to wait for him to come down before picking him up or just get him from the start.

jfitty

As much as I'd love to start with Pendles, I think the 40K you save on getting Swan is worth it. Both should average about the same (Pendles a tad higher IMO) but bring Pendlebury in later on and use the 40k elsewhere!

The Bomber

dont think swan will play every game this season, he wants to go to Arizona so he probably will go...
pendles was the only collingwood player to play every game last season...avoid extra 0's go pendles

(on a side note i have neither but just my 2c)

coolfugitiv0

Quote from: The Bomber on March 18, 2012, 04:12:57 PM
dont think swan will play every game this season, he wants to go to Arizona so he probably will go...
pendles was the only collingwood player to play every game last season...avoid extra 0's go pendles

Swan also said ""If the club doesn't want to take me, or if they want someone else to go, I would say it is the right thing to do"
and
"I would be very surprised if anyone (at Collingwood) played every game this year."

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/afl/arizona-a-good-option-for-dane-swan/story-e6frepf6-1226279914704

Collingwood saw how successful Geelong was last year in managing their players.
Don't expect Pendles to play every game in 2012...

spenc13

You know how they say the brownlow medal has gone to his head, well I think in Swan's case it had gone to his gut

coolfugitiv0

Quote from: spenc13 on March 18, 2012, 04:25:17 PM
You know how they say the brownlow medal has gone to his head, well I think in Swan's case it had gone to his gut
It's probably gonna be real obvious....
But I don't understand  :-\

MC

Quote from: The Bomber on March 18, 2012, 04:12:57 PM

Not true - Sidebottom and Travis Cloke played 22 games each as well.

Quote from: coolfugitiv0 on March 18, 2012, 05:39:45 PM
Quote from: spenc13 on March 18, 2012, 04:25:17 PM
It's probably gonna be real obvious....
But I don't understand  :-\

He is suggesting that normally players play worse after their Brownlow year because they're more arrogant or don't try as hard etc... But Swan has put on a few kgs instead. (Not in my opinion though!)