Be Harsh on advice

Started by Heroes121, March 18, 2012, 11:44:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Heroes121

DEF
B.Goddard, H.Scotland, B.Deledio, H.Shaw, B.Lake, B.Ellis, S.Darley-----B.Smedts, T.Bugg

MID
G.Ablett, D.Swan, J.Selwood, S.Clifton, C.Smith, A.Miles------S.Kerridge, J.Magner

RUCKS
S.Mumford, J.Giles-----J.Redden, O.Stephenson

FWD
L.Franklin, A.Goodes, N.Fyfe, M.Pavlich, N.Riewoldt, J.Porplyzia, D.Smith-----A.Treloar, D.Pfeiffer
$27,100 remaining

tor01doc

R 13 bye donut backline as usual.

Super mids.

Rucks the norm.

NRoo @ F4 is a bit limp.

Basically your call to have your weakness forward but given a weakish ruckline, a bit unbalanced for mine.

3 mids gives you more for forward line and get a gun rookie to make $$$ in the mids.

Only 12 premiums where otheres have claimed up to 15! (But that's BS isn't it feisty?)

Heroes121

Quote from: tor01doc on March 18, 2012, 12:02:48 PM
R 13 bye donut backline as usual.

Super mids.

Rucks the norm.

NRoo @ F4 is a bit limp.

Basically your call to have your weakness forward but given a weakish ruckline, a bit unbalanced for mine.

3 mids gives you more for forward line and get a gun rookie to make $$$ in the mids.

Only 12 premiums where otheres have claimed up to 15! (But that's BS isn't it feisty?)

Thanks for the advice. What i tried was i downgraded Murphy to kerridge and then put fyfe in the forward line so the fwd's now are Franklin, Goodes, Pavlich, Fyfe, N.Riewoldt, porplyzia, D.Smith and then pfeiffer and treloar subs. Just wondering if the fwd line is too over priced now and if having both fyfe and pav is too risky.

tor01doc

Fyflich are both guns. Both have different roles. Both can score huge. Both seem to avoid really shocking games. Both DPP. Only problem which may be averted is both have a bye same round as Goodes. But judging from your backs, you're happy to have a donut here and there. (Everyone will have a donut or 2 in rounds 11 - 13 except me).

N Roo will upset a few people on forum, but hold onto him if you're sure. Could get rid of him and get a slightly stronger set of rookies throughout your team.

Heroes121

Yeah, very true.

Yeah, even after riewoldt let me down last year i just feel he's price is way under his skill level after a bad year last year. I was thinking i could downgrade N Roo to a rookie and get a better second ruck but i couldnt decide on the best ruck to get under 530,000.

tor01doc

I like the concept of imaging how your grand final team should look and aiming fir that.

With rucks, you can start with 2 top one - Cox and Mumford. Or you can accept that they are too expensive now, and gamble that one (Cox) will drop in price and get him later once cash cows come into season.

So, to comment on your ponderings, I would go with 3 rookies now rather than get a seond line like NicNat, Jacobs (although he could be a rising star), Griffin (would be good if Sandi loses it again), Ryder, Jamar, Warnock etc etc.

Once you select 2 premium rucks from the outset, one of your other lines is going to leave you feeling a bit cold.

All you need is luck. Luck luck luck. As the dyslexics Fat Four sang.

Heroes121

Yeah good point. And if one of those mid priced ruckmen have a normal season its just gonna be a waste of a trade later in the season. Guess i'll just wait for some price drops and see who performs later in the season.
Also, is there any of my rookies i could change. I got 81,000 to spare and wondering if there is some better options than the ones i have. And what are your opinions on Lake and Porplyzia?

tor01doc

As far as 'risky mid pricers' go, they are probably the 2 best.

High ceilings and both might end up D7 / F7 types.

Not much to lose compared to say Hayes, Barlow, N Roo etc.

Heroes121

ok. thanks for your help :)