Main Menu

Best money bets?

Started by elephants, March 18, 2012, 02:36:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

elephants

Oh well. I don't see the Lions as a top 4 side Nails but they out-classed the Dees yesterday.

upthemaidens

Quote from: elephants on April 01, 2012, 01:28:28 PM
Oh well. I don't see the Lions as a top 4 side Nails but they out-classed the Dees yesterday.
GWS would outclass the dees  with that performance,,,,  what happened to play for big jim

elephants

Ugh, who wants to help me win back my $10 this week?

upthemaidens

Quote from: elephants on April 02, 2012, 08:54:14 PM
Ugh, who wants to help me win back my $10 this week?
roughie?  port to beat bombers $4.25  the line will be around 25.5 points,

upthemaidens

brisbane line +19.5,  night match at gabba(slippery low scoring)
  also if u can trust Freo on the road...  to beat swans $2.45
a multi with eagles,pies,crows,north,saints and hawks  wont pay much, but pretty safe bet

Noz

Quarter by quarter in the Brisbane Carlton game
Bris/Carl/Carl/Carl paying at 8 bucks seems good value
Half time margin Carlton infront by 13-24 points paying at 5 bucks

My Chumps

If I could bet I'd put a cheeky 10 on Sandi to win or place in the brownlow. Looked ominous on Saturday night with his overhead marking. Paying $67 on sportsbet  :o

elephants

Alright, now to atone for last weeks dismal effort (cheers Demon's ::))

Carlton over the Lions by 20-39 points

Paying $4.40 - Potential pay-out of $44

Essendon over Port by less than 39, Collingwood's line (-35.5) vs Richmond and Adelaide's line (-30.5) vs the Dogs

Paying $8.48 - Potential Pay-out of $84.80

Thoughts? Too risky? Kinda iffy on the first one. Going to have a bit more of a look around.

PowerBug

What does the line thingo mean?? That's the only thing i don't understand with these betting options.

And betting on Port would be an interesting move. :-\

elephants

Yeah not 100% on the Bombers over Port... They look revitalised... It's worrying!

The line is positive or negative.

Take the Pies vs Tigers game for example.

The Pies line is -35.5. There are a number of ways of explaining it and I am not sure I am the one to ask because I only just learnt what it was last week... But this line for the pies mean they have to win by AT LEAST 6 goals.
The Tigers line is+35.5. This means they Tigers need to WIN or lose by LESS THAN 6 goals for your bet to come off.

The way I see it is as a handicap. When I see a line (for example +35.5) I think to myself "at the end of the game if I add 35.5 to the Tigers score will they have more points" and vice versa!

Hope I made sense, felt like I was going around in circles!

meow meow

Quote from: PowerBug on April 03, 2012, 03:44:41 PM
What does the line thingo mean?? That's the only thing i don't understand with these betting options.

Bookmakers set the line at what they expect the result of the match is going to be. The line always pays $1.90 to $1.92 depending on what betting agency you use. They say that the Roos will win by 78.5 points this week vs the giants. Therefore the line is -78.5 points for the Kangaroos. You can back them at this, and if they win by 79 points or more, you win. Or you can take GWS with a 78 point head start. If they lose by 78 or less, you win.

PowerBug

ok, now i get it, cheers guys. :)

Going the crows by more than 5 goals is interesting ele. Pies should destroy the Tigers.

Ziplock

elephants

Pies are sure to bounce back with Didak, Nathan Brown and Maxwell all seemingly ready to return. I see a big win for the Pies here to atone for last weeks disappointment!

Crows looked damn good against us in the nab final and in round 1. Sanderson has done a lot of tgood things for them in introducing a Geelong-esque brand of footy. I am on them for top 8 and a win here by a reasonably big margin. We seemed to annihilate the Dogs in the final quarter on Sunday so fitness could be a little issue.

Essendon again have the likes of Watson, Stanton, Heppel, Rydey and Zaharakis who if they all fire will be seriously good this year as much as I hate to say it. I think they will account for Port, sorry PB :)

The odds shoot up big time when you are choosing a smaller margin. I am confident that 20-40 points will be the margin on Thursday between the Lions and Blues in favour of the Blues, thoughts?

upthemaidens

6-leg multi. only paying around $2.45, but as long as hawks beat cats, then it should be a lock..
   WC,Coll,Adel,North,Stk,Haw