Main Menu

Best money bets?

Started by elephants, March 18, 2012, 02:36:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

elephants

Just thought I would start a thread for those keen to have a dabble.

What looks like potential good value? Keeping this as AFL related as possible.

I am a big fan of going with weekend multi's... I also hear that Fyfe finishing in the top ten for the brownlow is paying ridiculously good odds... if anyone can confirm or deny.

Thanks and good luck!

upthemaidens

centrebet have fyfe win:$36  place:$9   
they dont have any other betting options ,but just at a guess top ten may be around $2.75-$3.50

ablett at $10 is worth a look,   a roughie bet maybe Deledio at $51
  im poor these days so betting has become a luxury :'(
  i liked the look of Mcilroy in the masters, but looking at his odds at $5.50 its not worth it. was hoping for more like $9

Jukes

Boydy at $21 for the Brownlow looks the goods could be a very good bet.

The F.A.R.K.

boyd wont get enough votes. Bulldogs are pretty shower and boyd  isnt a judd.

quick search through sporting bet
just one to chuck a lazy 5 on

port are 10 bucks to make the final 8 and have had crazy pre season form. Personally doubt it will happen but you will never really know

some brownlow ones

swan and pendles 9 bucks each to win brownlow. Would probs chuck a tenner on pendles

selwood 13 bucks probs another tenner there

or if you a bit of a freak and reckon brandon ellis is a gun (he is at $1501) stick a dollar on him

or this is amazing

scott thompson is at 1001 bucks what an amazing  deal

only problem is it is scott d. thompson

also stuck a lazy 5 on tom rockliff at $101 so thats 25 on the brownlow and minimum win will me 90 bucks

they also offer most disposals betting where there are only i think 4 or 5 players in each market so

stuck 50 on dustin martin at $2.75 to collect more disposals this year than heppell, hannebery and hartlett

as you can probably see im very keen on dabbling

upthemaidens

i will just add to anyone putting bets on" SHOP AROUND"
   just having a look at odds ..
TAB , u can get Boyd at $26,  and deledio to win: $126 and place:$32 (only $51 at centrebet for the win, big difference)
fyfe is still $34 though  and ablett is $11

upthemaidens

F.A.R.K  TAB have rockliff at $201 .. at that sort of price how can i not throw a few bucks on(though lions wont win many games)
  also scotty thompson is $51  which isnt to bad a price

CrowsFan

Looking at the Champs league you could put some money on Bayern to win the thing at $6.35 on sportsbet, but if you want to get better value you can bet that the winning team will be german, that gives you $7.10.

upthemaidens

Quote from: CrowsFan on March 18, 2012, 11:16:20 AM
Looking at the Champs league you could put some money on Bayern to win the thing at $6.35 on sportsbet, but if you want to get better value you can bet that the winning team will be german, that gives you $7.10.
haha  yeah they had something like that in the brownlow last year,
  goodes was at like $7 or u could bet "winner plays for sydney" was like $7.50
funny little quirks in prices, u just have to look around

CrowsFan

The reason it happens is cos Madrid and Barca who are the two favourites get combined to be winner is spanish so that lengthens the odds of the other nationalities. Same at the brownlow since pendles and swan get merged together ;)

upthemaidens

ok just went down to TAB  to put a few bets on the GP,,
  so since i was there decided to put a few brownlow bets on(just some roughies) rockliff, deledio and thompson  big odds ;)

also i was looking on centrebet and they have a market for most points scored in DreamTeam overall season..
  swan; $6
  ablett;$7
  boyd;$7
  pendles;$7
  mitchell;$10
  selwood;$12
  thompson;$12    dal santo:$31   cox:$51   so could be some good bets there, pendles may be the go

elephants

Nice discussion being generated here boys! Think i'll have a look at the most touches in each group that FARK mentioned...

bomberboy0618

Whats the odds on Watson to place? Full season and bang.
Id be putting a bit on NicNat in the top 10.

elephants

Quote from: bomberboy0618 on March 18, 2012, 05:36:18 PM
Whats the odds on Watson to place? Full season and bang.
Id be putting a bit on NicNat in the top 10.
I don't know where to find these odds... Watson hammies worry me...

Justin Bieber

I know Nic Nat is favourite to win Mark of the Year at $8 haha, followed by Walker at $10.

CrowsFan

Quote from: whatlez on March 18, 2012, 05:58:40 PM
I know Nic Nat is favourite to win Mark of the Year at $8 haha, followed by Walker at $10.
Your agency must suck. Sportsbet is paying $10 for Nat and $12 for Walker...