Main Menu

Best money bets?

Started by elephants, March 18, 2012, 02:36:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrowsFan

Quote from: upthemaidens on April 09, 2012, 07:25:07 PM
bloody hawks,,, it was the last leg of a 7-leg multi  haha  typical ::)
It's always the last leg that screws you up. Back in 2010 I had an 8 leg multi tipping all 8 winners for the weekend with odds of $75. Had put 10 on it and lost on the final match, which was one of the legs I was confident on ::)

meow meow

Ever heard of hedging your bets?

I had the Hawks +24.5 as the last leg of a 7 leg multi paying $9.28. Woo.

elephants

Quote from: meow meow on April 09, 2012, 08:09:34 PM

Do you want to PM who you are putting your money on each week? You seem to be pretty good at this gambling game.

My multi this week was...

Eagles by at least 5 goals, Bombers by at least 20 points, Adelaide by at least 15 points and Pies by at least 5 goals.
Paying $6 or something... Cheers Collingwood ::)

upthemaidens

Quote from: meow meow on April 09, 2012, 08:09:34 PM

i didnt have enough on it  to bother hedging the bet,  but normally i would if it was any real money on the line

McRooster

Suspended betting on West Coast v GWS  >:(

*and did I hear correctly that AFL has weighed in and forced a ceiling of 40/1 as highest odd given for first goal kicker? - in light of the Shaw/Maxwell/Bock events of last season?

CrowsFan

Correct on both fronts roost.

The betting agencies have said they wont always give head to head betting for GWS matches since even 1.01 on the other team is being too generous ;D
You can still do line betting, predict the margin etc though ;)

Ziplock

whats hedging your bets?

and lol roost, I hope not. First goal kicker is pretty much a fluke anyway...

suspended betting on WCE/GWS is :(

was tipping giants...

McRooster

Quote from: CrowsFan on April 12, 2012, 12:07:00 AM

The betting agencies have said they wont always give head to head betting for GWS matches since even 1.01 on the other team is being too generous ;D
Probably still only paying $1.01 for 200 points  :D

Thanks CF

CrowsFan

Quote from: Ziplock on April 12, 2012, 12:07:28 AM
suspended betting on WCE/GWS is :(

was tipping giants...
You can still bet on the Giants to win, just not Eagles (well you can sportsbet have given them odds of 1.00 though so no point). Giants have odds of 41.00 ;)
Quote from: McRooster on April 12, 2012, 12:10:55 AM
Quote from: CrowsFan on April 12, 2012, 12:07:00 AM

Probably still only paying $1.01 for 200 points  :D

Thanks CF
Sportsbet have the line at 105.5, so betting for that is 1.92 :)
First time in history they have had the line over 100 points :o

upthemaidens

Quote from: Ziplock on April 12, 2012, 12:07:28 AM
whats hedging your bets?
hedging is when you place another bet on to cover the original one ,i.e. my bet last week was 7-leg multi where i had the first 6 legs with the hawks having to beat the cats for me to collect.  so i could have placed a bet on geelong to win, so that no matter the outcome i make profit...

Ziplock

so you do it if you're iffy on a certain outcome?

why not just not bet on that outcome then :P

upthemaidens

Quote from: Ziplock on April 12, 2012, 01:37:02 AM
so you do it if you're iffy on a certain outcome?

why not just not bet on that outcome then :P
well yeah u could just leave that bet out.. i suppose when u put the bet on it seems like a good idea, then once u have won most of the legs ,u decide its better to play safe and take a guarteed small win over a riskier bigger win. in my example if i knew it was gunna rain i probably wouldnt have backed the hawks, so i could have hedged because of a change in the situation(late outs/injuries etc.)

also though hedging can be when  i.e. you place a bet on TAB for pies to beat blues at $2.10, then 2 days later u see  centrebet have blues at $2.15,  you could put a bet on the blues and guarentee a win... or place a bet on north to beat hawks at $3.10 and at quarter time the live odds have changed and u can get hawks to win at $1.70. then u can cover yourself by betting both teams

The Silent Partner

GWS $1.12 for the spoon on Tattsbet thats a steal if you got a few grand lying around and hows this
Top 4
Geelong 1.8
Collingwood 2.0
Hawthorn 1.5
West Coast Carlton 1.40

I guess it will be close up there but surprised they offer 1.12 for gws

upthemaidens

Quote from: The Silent Partner on April 12, 2012, 02:22:27 AM
GWS $1.12 for the spoon on Tattsbet thats a steal if you got a few grand lying around and hows this
Top 4
Geelong 1.8
Collingwood 2.0
Hawthorn 1.5
West Coast Carlton 1.40

I guess it will be close up there but surprised they offer 1.12 for gws
$1.12 would be because of the uncertainty of the demons and also GC arn't exactly carving it up.  and GWS did beat GC in a pre-season match, it may only take a couple of wins to stay off the bottom of the ladder.
    geelong at $1.80 for top 4, looks good

Ziplock

yeah melbourne. Not GC, with ablett they should beat us and melbourne.