Does anybody have any faith at all in Ziebell or Griffen?

Started by PizzleDizzle, March 16, 2012, 12:24:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PizzleDizzle

I hear Ziebell has had a full preseason which is something unheard of for this man! Going on his form for last half of last season i thought he'd be a reasonable pick?? Everybody says Masten....will he get the numbers he's getting come season time when WCE put the rest of their key players back in?
Ryan Griffen....inconsistency i know, still managed to average 108 odd though (not to mention being dragged at half time last preseason game while having an absolute blinder).....McCartney being new coach, their back line will be a rock and their centre's will be rolling on! I kind of feel Griffen, Boyd and Higgins (if he stays injury free) will have great years!

I keep hearing this saying....."You got to risk it to get the biscuit".....How much risk is too much???
Opinions guys?

Colliwobblers

Ziebel has to break out and is out the first round or two?

Griffen is another matter he is a champion and will just get better again this season.

Averaged 108 in SC last season, 2nd only to Boyd in the entire AFL for meters gained, needs to get more cheap possessions and will probably do so given the bulldogs new style displayed in the nabcup, kicks too long too so suffers a little with his kicking efficiency, so there is clearly room for improvement which should make him an even better pick.

Wouldn't have him in DT but think he is SC Elite and his scoring suggests he is. Looking great in nabcup too.

I predict he will be the Bulldogs Murphy eventually (sooner rather than later) going past boyd, just as murphy went past Judd last season.

nathan11

With ziebel missing round 1 bit too much of a risk as for Griffen he's not that cheap better off paying little more for boyd

specky lecky

Griffin has been carving up the nab field. Had an average season last year but still looked good on paper. Can see him maybe outscoring boyd, so at a cheaper price, think he needs to be considered.

PizzleDizzle

I was unaware of Ziebell missing first round or two....why is this?
Is my views on Masten correct or would he be a good replacement?

mpollock

No faith ... Ziebell hasn't shown as much as Masten or Dangerfield or even Sidebottom in the preseason.
Griffin is good and will score well ... but better options in my opinion like Watson, Gibbs and Redden.

ScoreGasm

Seriously considering Griffen now that the Bulldogs have followed Hawthorns lead with a high possesion tactic. Haven't really looked at Ziebell as I knew he was rubbed out in round 1. Both interesting options with Griffen being considered for my team. Will see how they go this weekend.

PizzleDizzle

Watson....burnt with injury more than once before!! Do not want to use early trades this year!!!
Gibbs, very slow to start last year as i believe Carlton will be this year....Upgrade when Carlton begins to come home with a wet sail...
Redden....is the only one out of those three i would consider early on, it then comes down to the team around him....both improvers, i'll stick to Griffen over Redden at this stage!!!

bottlemart

Ziebell and Griffin could both be good picks.

I'm looking at Ziebell for the following reasons.

Pick 9 in 2008 draft hes entering his 4th year, therefore breakout time, ie nicnat, yarran, sidebottom in the same boat, same draft, all top 10.

In 2009 he played 10 games then broke his leg.  In 2010 he played 14 games then broke his leg, therefore has never done a proper pre season until now.

His fitness base early last year was nowhere near where it needed to be due mainly to lack of pre season and 2 broken legs, therefore his scores were low due to being subbed or just having minimal ground time.  Once he got his fitness base up his scores started to increase as the season went on, and if you discount his game against freo where he was subbed in the first few minutes after being Knocked out, then he averages 119 in his last 5 games.   151, 120, 90, 112, 4(subbed), 124.

If he was to average anything over 100 he would be a good pick.   

I currently have a breakout on every line.  Yarran in the backs, Ziebell in the mids, nicnat in the ruck,and Dangerfield in the forwards.

Ziebell will miss the first 2 games because of a bump on Nick Riewoldt in R23, where he received 3 weeks, one from last year, and the first 2 this year.  From a league point of view the first 2 rounds wont hurt at all, but overall would be a different story.

CrowsFan

I've had Griffen locked in my team ever since SC Gold got access to the new prices for the year! I reckon he is in for a big one.

As for Ziebell if you can cover for him during the first 2 rounds he could be a good pick, especially if going just for league since rounds 1 and 2 don't count for that. As for me I wont be picking him, I'm not getting an mid pricers in the mids this year :)

PizzleDizzle

Nice work guys....went for a league win last year and failed due to injuries early on eating my trades early.....finished with the highest overall score in my league though, andwant to challenge that this year as well. Will be pushing s**t up hill for overall!
Going for league win and best possible overall score!!

Mozza3

I had Griffen last year and he was great, fell away in the second half a bit but was pretty consistent for the most part. I think he'll be the top Dog at the kennel this year as far as SC is concerned.

Bruizer81

Can Griffen average more than Watson this year?
Priced very similarly

Mozza3

Quote from: Bruizer81 on March 16, 2012, 09:56:35 PM
Can Griffen average more than Watson this year?
Priced very similarly

Hard one to call that one. Both attract the number 1 tags for their respective teams but Griffen might be the more durable of the two, don't want to make out that Watson is injury prone because of last years hammy issues but something to consider.