Main Menu

2012 Brownlow Prediction

Started by Usman, March 15, 2012, 08:27:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BB67th

Quote from: tbagrocks on June 16, 2012, 09:04:13 PM
Thommo has to be right up there as a fancied winner? he's got my vote (but I am bias)

I'd give Thompson another 3 votes for his performance this week and I really think it is a horse race now between Watson, Pendlebury and Thompson.

Usman

Quote from: BB67th on June 16, 2012, 10:46:22 PM
Quote from: tbagrocks on June 16, 2012, 09:04:13 PM
Thommo has to be right up there as a fancied winner? he's got my vote (but I am bias)

I'd give Thompson another 3 votes for his performance this week and I really think it is a horse race now between Watson, Pendlebury and Thompson.

Too early to call that.

elephants

Thinking of chucking a sneaky $10 on Thommo to place.

upthemaidens

Quote from: elephants on June 19, 2012, 12:11:16 AM
Thinking of chucking a sneaky $10 on Thommo to place.
would that be paying much?  what $4-$5 top 3, something like that?
  after rd.12 my count is this : watson, deledio, pendles, stanton, ablett, (then its a log jam after that )

The Silent Partner

upthemaidens

So just getting my brownlow votes organised with only 1 round to go  and its looking pretty good.
The top 12 favourites at TAB are in my top 13 (not necessarily in the exact same order,but pretty close)...
       BUT there is one thats alittle out and just want to see what others have, its Cotchin vs Deledio.. when giving votes out it was very close between those two in alot of games.  So my count as it stands is this.. Deledio 23, Cotchin 17.. TAB have Cotchin 3rd favourite and Deledio is down the page about 12th favourite.  Im thinking that maybe i was giving Deledio the extra votes in coin flip situations, so might be abit off..
   What do other people have as the count on them two?

Uncle

very interested to discuss a few bits and pieces with you up the maidens... I have a pretty in depth account.. Fyi I have cotchin and deledio basically dead level... inbox me if you wanna chat about a few brownlow tidbits

dmac07

I have cotchin on 18, deledio 17, but if i can get good odds for deledio to be top vote getter at richmond will probably take it. My whole leaderboard is under my thread in this section but will put the round by round stuff up at the end of the year. I basically have 6 conteders going into the last rd still! Those being watson, gaj, swan, pendles, thompson and danger.

monstrum

Usman

Its coming guys!!! and great to see some variation in the votes between posters. At this point after my first count, i have only 2 contenders with one round to go, Ablett and Watson. there is no value in them but there is huge value in the leader after 10 rounds for thsoe with the balls and a little luck. More from me later. just thought i would touch base with everyone again after a long spell from posting. In the mean time it would be great to here everyone opinion on the brownlow winner and leader after 10 rounds.

dmac07

Pendlebury and Stanton good chances for leader after 10rds that might net you a few dollars.

BB67th

Quote from: Usman on August 31, 2012, 12:37:13 AM
Its coming guys!!! and great to see some variation in the votes between posters. At this point after my first count, i have only 2 contenders with one round to go, Ablett and Watson. there is no value in them but there is huge value in the leader after 10 rounds for thsoe with the balls and a little luck. More from me later. just thought i would touch base with everyone again after a long spell from posting. In the mean time it would be great to here everyone opinion on the brownlow winner and leader after 10 rounds.
The end of my first count is looking the exact same as yours. I have Ablett leading Watson by 2 votes with a round to go.

lachie_001

GAJ is gunning it nearly every week but his team gets smashed and usually if you team loses by more than 50 points you don't poll votes. Basically the most ablett could get in the games are a 1 unless the scores were close or they won. Sucks like thy but I think ablett will be quite a bit off the leader. My tip is Watson or thommo, I don't really think either of them really deserve it out of everyone though. I'd love dangerfield to win it :)

upthemaidens

Quote from: lachie_001 on September 01, 2012, 01:11:34 AM
GAJ is gunning it nearly every week but his team gets smashed and usually if you team loses by more than 50 points you don't poll votes. Basically the most ablett could get in the games are a 1 unless the scores were close or they won. Sucks like thy but I think ablett will be quite a bit off the leader. My tip is Watson or thommo, I don't really think either of them really deserve it out of everyone though. I'd love dangerfield to win it :)
The problem with your theory is that Ablett got 24 votes last year (GC won 3 games),  he gets plenty of votes in a losing team..
  looking at a few votes in this adelaide game up to half-time aswell.. if Watson doesnt poll votes vs collingwood, i think Ablett has to be favourite.

dmac07

Quote from: upthemaidens on September 01, 2012, 04:21:30 PM
Quote from: lachie_001 on September 01, 2012, 01:11:34 AM
The problem with your theory is that Ablett got 24 votes last year (GC won 3 games),  he gets plenty of votes in a losing team..
  looking at a few votes in this adelaide game up to half-time aswell.. if Watson doesnt poll votes vs collingwood, i think Ablett has to be favourite.

Ablett died in second half and won't get a vote, 3 to danger for sure puts danger and Thompson equal top on my count, with swan /watson only ones left to play who can catch.