Nick Malceski

Started by TheAnt, March 15, 2012, 02:25:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheAnt

Looks in good touch, but is he worth his 367,000 price tag? I just want a mid pricer to sure up the defence, the rookies aren't really shining at the moment in defence.

Legen...DARY

good option, if knee holds up will be a top 10 defender IMO... IF knee holds up!

Bosh

no even if the knee holds up.

HTM

Yes he is worth his price tag. I am almost 50/50 chance of picking him. But i am to worried whether picking him will pay off. I have finished in the top 2000 before.

TheMailman

Not actually in the Swans 22 yet.

Still needs to work to get a consistant lineup spot

so no

Capper

Quote from: TheMailman on March 15, 2012, 04:21:21 PM

so no
Not in the best back 6 and may just get a bench spot

He did spend some time in the vest last year as well

Capper

Nick smith would be better at about the same price from the swans

enzedder

I expect him to be named for R1 and if he is I'll have in my team. Tore it up in 2010. at a bargain price for someone capable of HUGE scores. If he isn't named I'll upgrade to Heppell.

Talisman

so no

Really? I'm not so sure. Name a Swans 22 without him... He may start on the pine but nowadays that means nothing - if fit I would suggest Malceski will be in the Swans' regular midfield/halfback rotation.

Don't forget that the only 2 full seasons he has played have seen him average 100.9 & 96.4 (in 2007 & 2010 respectively) - they are definitely premium numbers for a defender in SC.

I can't think of a logical argument that - if fit (& yes, that's my concern too) - why he definitely can't do that again...

Now the comparison with Nick Smith - Smith's best season (last year) saw him play 21 games & ave. 69.1... That's a long way short of 100 or 96. Now if he breaks out, all well & good But I can be more certain in Malceski's scoring ability than Smith's & Malceski is $7,000 cheaper. Not sure if Smith is that tempting to me...

enzedder

Quote from: Talisman on March 15, 2012, 05:04:33 PM

so no

Really? I'm not so sure. Name a Swans 22 without him... He may start on the pine but nowadays that means nothing - if fit I would suggest Malceski will be in the Swans' regular midfield/halfback rotation.

Don't forget that the only 2 full seasons he has played have seen him average 100.9 & 96.4 (in 2007 & 2010 respectively) - they are definitely premium numbers for a defender in SC.

I can't think of a logical argument that - if fit (& yes, that's my concern too) - why he definitely can't do that again...

Now the comparison with Nick Smith - Smith's best season (last year) saw him play 21 games & ave. 69.1... That's a long way short of 100 or 96. Now if he breaks out, all well & good But I can be more certain in Malceski's scoring ability than Smith's & Malceski is $7,000 cheaper. Not sure if Smith is that tempting to me...
Well said.
I was wondering about a lot of that myself.

TheMailman

so no

http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,46645.0.html

There's a whole thread from us Swans supporters where you can see that Malceski isn't really in our vision atm. Not in Sydney's best.

Smith is actually a tempting option IMO

He'll play every game barring injury and if the Swans improve really well he could up his output by a good 10-20 ppg

Capper

so no

Backs              Johnson           Richards        Mattner
H.Back            Shaw                 Grundy          Smith
Centre           Hannebery      Bolton            McVeigh
H.Fwd              Jetta       Goodes         Rohan
Fwd                 McGlynn               Reid                White   
Foll                  Mumford         Kennedy       Jack   
Int                    Parker             LRT                  Bird                 Everitt

TheMailman

Quote from: tabs on March 15, 2012, 05:09:50 PM

so no

Backs              Johnson           Richards        Mattner
H.Back            Shaw                 Grundy          Smith
Centre           Hannebery      Bolton            McVeigh
H.Fwd              Jetta       Goodes         Rohan
Fwd                 McGlynn               Reid                White   
Foll                  Mumford         Kennedy       Jack   
Int                    Parker             LRT                  Bird                 Everitt

Too quick for you Tabs ;)

Capper

Quote from: TheMailman on March 15, 2012, 05:11:13 PM
Too quick for you Tabs ;)

yep, i put the team in then i took it out and put the link in, and then i put the team back in and you had already posted

problem is our secrets are now out

Talisman

Tabs -
Nice team! I agree with 21 out of those 22 players... See if you can guess who I wouldn't pick for a VFL side let alone an AFL side out of those 22? (slight tongue-in-cheek there, but I'd definitely have Eski in front of him)

MailMan -
As for Nick Smith, I'll have to defer to a Swans supporters more knowledgable opinion. I won't necessarily be selecting him in my SC team, but I'll be very interested to see how he goes this year with the raps you've given him.  :)