Finals Dream Team

Started by JUDDY, August 19, 2009, 09:28:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JUDDY

Probably a bit early but ill ge the ball rolling.....
Rate My Finals Dream Team.
first time to enter this comp, would like some advice on any changes.

BACKS
Goddard, Carrazzo, Enright, Lockyer, Johncock, Hargrave, Drummond

MIDS
Swan, Ablett, Montagna, Edwards, Gibbs, Watson

RUCKS
Kreuzer, Clark

FORWARDS
Riewoldt, B. Johnson, Didak, Chapman, J Brown, Goodwin, Higgins.

My reasoning behind Goodwin and Edwards is because this may be their last shot at finals and will absolutely bust their guts out.

hibbo

My 2nd year doing the Finals DT and I can proudly say that after the 1st week I was 11th overall (out of roughly 50,000) ;D A lot of it is pure luck I might add.

Anyway, there's nothing wrong with your side - it'll be similar to everyone elses. But here's a tip; try and pick unique players because if they succeed it will give you the edge over everyone else. That's why I like your Watson, Johncock and Edwards choice.

My 1st draft - believe me it will change.

BACKS: Goddard, Hargrave, Walker, Scotland, Enright, Shaw, Ryder
MIDS: Ablett, Swan, Vince, Watson, Stanton, Hayes
RUCKS: Clark, Tippet
FORWARDS: Riewoldt, Didak, Chapman, Goodwin, J Brown, Higgins, Fevola

I reckon that's a fairly unique side, but like I said it will most likely change before lockout (e.g. When will Ryder play?).

Watto

Yeah there's no point just getting the known stars from each team in FDT - everyone has them.

Although that said, you should certainly get the top 3 ranked players for each position.

And generally get the guys from winning sides (so top 4 teams atm) in the forward line, especially Saints, Geelong, & whoever is 5th, as they play teams well below them and so are likely to win by a lot = big points for forwards