I am drunk in Dubai ... how does this team look?

Started by mpollock, March 15, 2012, 08:10:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mpollock

B: Goddard, Shaw, Birchell, Suckling, Hargrave, Golby, Ellis (Rich) (Darley, Yagmorr)
M; Ablett, Boyd, D.Thomas, Redden, Masten, C.Smith (Miles, Gibson)
R: Cox, Redden (Giles, Big O)
F: Franklin, Fyfe, Martin, Dangermouse, Shoulder Popper Porp, D.Smith, Cameron (They still call me Bruce, Kerridge)

THIS LEFT ME WITH ZERO DOLLARS!!!

Out of interest:

- Golby had an aggregate score of 210 which is more then Hargrave at 199 so far in the NAB
- D.Smith has a NAB sealing of 108 ... the next best is 84 from should popper porp's
- Miles scored 99 and Masten 96 in the last round of the NAB

Based on stats so far ... my rookies are the best i can get with the money i had remaining from the guns!!

Let me know your thoughts ...

Fingers crossed on Redden playing a lot of games obviously ...

Footyrulz

good team with alot of unqiques. Could pay off but is risky. Golby isnt in brisbanes best 22. 

tor01doc

Your major achievement of using the entire $10mill is what has impressed me.

Are you an accountant?

mpollock

Not an accountant ... computer programmer by trade, now more a senior manager.

The perfect spend (or in perfect as it may turn out when i need $100 to upgrade a rookie) was a pure fluke!

Golby should get games early with Drummond out and Merritt likely to be swung forward as Brisbane has zero targets up there until Brown returns (and gets injured again).

shnooshp

meh. forgot to program in the bye. that is poor management, senior manager.  ::)

rd 11 bye u will be missing 17 players (and at least 10 of ur starting 17)

birchell, suckling, hargrave, golby and darley in ur backs
boyd, redden, masten, smith and gibson in ur mids.
cox and giles in ur rucks.
danger, porps, kerridge, smith and cameron in fwd.

don't like redden starting in the rucks. sell a defender and upgrade orren to kruezer or something.

3 crows in the fwd line? watch out for the Bye
2 hawks in back line? ditto.

you're welcome.

elzaer

Quote from: mpollock on March 15, 2012, 03:24:08 PM
Golby should get games early with Drummond out and Merritt likely to be swung forward as Brisbane has zero targets up there until Brown returns (and gets injured again).

I wouldn't bank on Merrit going forward in the Home and Away season.  Karnezis? Cornelius?   saying there are zero targets is a bit much.  Watching Lions training sessions Golby still seems a little off the pace if he does play.

Great team though! Golby could pay off and I will happily eat my words :P

EDIT: Check out Docherty, I have a feeling they might be throwing him into the Defensive mix early on.  Cheaper option too.

tor01doc

Hold that thought shnooshp...recount your bye calculations.

Round  11 looks OK. Rucks - Stephenson and Redden can cover.

Defence OK - but...

Birchall and Suckling round 13 BUT with Goddard so may get one there but so will everyone with a decent backline.

Not a bad team...now get back to work.

mpollock

Thanks tor01doc ... I know i have a LOT of round 11 by players but i am only counting the premiums and players i hope to become premiums like Hargrave etc ... doing this my bye structure is looking ok ... really don't want Broughton and not sold on Heppell so will cop and extra donut in the backline.

Will watch Golby and Bug (assuming they both play this weekend) for my final spot in the backline.
If I am convinced by bug thinking of getting in Caddy as my 6th mid and having Clifton and Miles on the bench ... not sold with Gibson being a rookie and scoring nothing last week ... Not 100% on C.Smith either.

Gotta roll the dice this year!!! GnR won't win anyone a car ...