Main Menu

David Hale

Started by ubeaut, March 14, 2012, 11:27:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ubeaut

Max Bailey is out for a couple of months at least. Roughy is still recovering and Renouf is at Port. David Hale will surely be rucking and kicking goals. Don't know much about him. Anyone interested?

nathan11

He has been teasing me all nab cup 2 100+ games (DT scores haven't got sc) but roughy playing a little bit this week had McCauley last year so not even looking at him till he is named for his 5 th game

wooda02

roughead barely ready, Hale will take the majority of workload = very interested for SC.

Mick champ

Quote from: nathan11 on March 15, 2012, 12:37:20 AM
He has been teasing me all nab cup 2 100+ games (DT scores haven't got sc) but roughy playing a little bit this week had McCauley last year so not even looking at him till he is named for his 5 th game

David Hale's SC score for round 3 was 132

Capper

Surely when Roughie comes back it isnt to ruck, will be purely forward.

Hale will need some help in the ruck so look to McCauley to play every week to help Hale.

Will be interesting to see when Roughie comes back in if Hale goes to 100% ruck or not

Colliwobblers

Hale is a champion, think he would have been the pinch hitting back up ruck while bailey rested anyway, the hawks are adamant that roughie WILL NOT be rucking. So hale will see plenty of ruck duties and is one of if not the most targeted forward in the side, buddy gets more of his off the ground or out of the middle or wing and just keeps running to goal with it, when they shoot it in long it goes to hale a LOT of the time. Would now be shaping up as either a viable forward or a cheaper #2 ruck in peoples team i think.

Tempting....

tor01doc

A nagging ache in the back worries me a bit.

Capper

Quote from: tor01doc on March 15, 2012, 06:25:32 PM
A nagging ache in the back worries me a bit.
Tell your Wife/Mum (sorry dont know your age) to stop bugging you then as your on the computer

nathan11

Unless hmac can do something really impressive this week hale is shaping up as a much better option

Obese Arachnid

As clearly has been stated here & Clarko coming out & saying.... Roughead will not play ruck.

Well derrr, after an achilles injury the last thing you want is to put that guy in the ruck. It's an injury that reduces your spring & is susceptible to re-occur if you do.

Now if he plays fwd or def & scores well then he maybe a target before the byes as he does have DPP. That to me is the only reason you would have him. $550K is a lot to spend on a guy coming back from injury, especially this type of injury.

Hale has scored well in the NAB! Is he really going to score more than he did last year in regular H&W?

coolfugitiv0

Quote from: Obese Arachnid on March 16, 2012, 02:27:23 AM
As clearly has been stated here & Clarko coming out & saying.... Roughead will not play ruck.

Well derrr, after an achilles injury the last thing you want is to put that guy in the ruck. It's an injury that reduces your spring & is susceptible to re-occur if you do.

Now if he plays fwd or def & scores well then he maybe a target before the byes as he does have DPP. That to me is the only reason you would have him. $550K is a lot to spend on a guy coming back from injury, especially this type of injury.

Hale has scored well in the NAB! Is he really going to score more than he did last year in regular H&W?
Hale wasn't the number one ruck last season.
And he has another pre season under his belt.

So yes he will.
The question is how much more?

ubeaut

Bro macauley may be No.1 ruck as Clarkson suggested today.

mudgee

Quote from: ubeaut on March 16, 2012, 12:35:29 PM
Bro macauley may be No.1 ruck as Clarkson suggested today.
At $231k he could be a steal until his bye at least...

Colliwobblers

Hale has smashed it tonight as I expected he boots a lot of goals, he is targetted the most up forard and add to that his ruckwork has been solid. Broc can be the number 1 ruck that will only help Hale as most of his scoring (marks-kicks-goals) comes when he is fwd anyway.

If Broc can hit some good form like he showed in a patch last season he may be a bargain pick also But Hale is going to make it into a few teams after tonights effort....

probably not mine but thats more about structure than anything negative about Hale.

Fletch74

I think I might swap the Porp for Hale after last nights effort. He provides you with that extra option, and with the ball spending a lot of time in Hawthorn's I50, he'll get plenty of opportunity.