Near finalised team ;)

Started by Footyrulz, March 14, 2012, 06:39:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Footyrulz

After i have made a new team, which im sure wont be my last  ;)

Goddard, Scotland, Shaw, Broughton, Lake, Darley, Bugg, (Ellis, Morris)

Ablett, Swan, Selwood, Magner, Miles, Shiel, (Zorko, L Brown)

Cox, Mummy, (Giles, Redden)

Buddy, Pavlich, Fyfe, Martin, Porplizia, Pfeiffer, Hampton, (Couch, Kerridge)

I currently have Scotland instead of Deledio but that could easily change if he makes and appearence duringnthe nab challenge matches.
The rookies are yet to be confirmed and will watch the injuries of Magner, Zorko and Shiel.

Thoughts?

johnnytheboy1

Backs: Look very Solid but you would have to have Ellis on the field.
Mids Looks great as long as Magner and Sheil are named for Round1.
Rucks: Can't get any better lock them in.
Fwds: Pfeiffer didn't play well at all and may not be in the team come round 1 see how he goes in the Nab challenge match this weekend

Overall The team you have chosen is alright to help you win a league but it dosent have a point of difference.You need something different to seperate you from the rest. I give this team a 7.5/10

tor01doc

Nice well balanced if not a bit bland team. Like jtb1 says, you may need a POD.

Having said that, the key to SC is making the right trades, pouncing on bubbleboys and above all having Lady Luck on your side.

Def - fine

Mids - fine

Rucks - amazing - can you afford that?

Fwd - fine.

You might want to be a bit more adventurous and get some really heated opinions going.

Good luck.

Footyrulz

Thanks for the tips guys. I can see where u are coming from with the lack of uniques but does anyone really haev any?

I really liked and commented on your team johnny boy, but do u really any uniques either?

I think its better to focus on getting good players rather than uniques.

I got joel corey last year and that didnt go too well  ::)

jamesalex

Great team, very solid but as said above a little bit standard. You could fit in a premium unique in there somewhere maybe?

Otherwise looks good, I can tell you've done plenty of research and carefully chosen all your players.

mpollock

Broughton is not worth the money in my option ... better to go for a possession hungry hawk or another mid pricer.
Magner is more an upgrade target now due to injury.
Lake has one ok score ... Golby and Hargrave both have an aggregate of around 200 in the NAB ... better options based on stats!
Bugg has scores of 39 and 45 and two DNP in the NAB ... better options like Ellis if you have the money
Pav and Fyfe in the same team ... your call
Shiel and Zorko won't play round one ... lose those guys!!
Pfeiffer best score is 74 in the NAB ... D.Smith has a ceiling of 108... if you have the money of course

The rest is solid ...

mpollock

Sorry about the Ellis comment ... just noticed you already have him ... yahmoor is worth considering ... played all 4 NAB games and should get a spot ahead of M.Clarke who is a dud and is struggling on his return ... (also cheaper which can't hurt)

Footyrulz

Quote from: mpollock on March 15, 2012, 08:34:16 AM
Broughton is not worth the money in my option ... better to go for a possession hungry hawk or another mid pricer.
Magner is more an upgrade target now due to injury.
Lake has one ok score ... Golby and Hargrave both have an aggregate of around 200 in the NAB ... better options based on stats!
Bugg has scores of 39 and 45 and two DNP in the NAB ... better options like Ellis if you have the money
Pav and Fyfe in the same team ... your call
Shiel and Zorko won't play round one ... lose those guys!!
Pfeiffer best score is 74 in the NAB ... D.Smith has a ceiling of 108... if you have the money of course

The rest is solid ...
As i said earlier, my rookies are completly unconfirmed. Bugg scored 142 suoercoach points in his first game BTW.
I know 2 freo Premiums but im just wondering why does that actually matters?

mpollock

Bugg scored 36 in DT ... are you sure they = 142 in SC or was that based on the time he spent on the ground ...

Pav and Fyfe are both guns ... but could easily go for Sidebottom or Dangerfield who should both breakout this year ... giving you some extra cash elsewhere ..

Footyrulz

Yeah 146 for time on ground but that still amazing.

Im not willing to get any breakouts. I reckon theyre too unpredictable and u will just be guesing.

I can see what u mean though. Where would i spend the extra cash?

mpollock

Personally i would swap Pav for Danger and use the cash to upgrade zorko who definately won't play early to Hogan, Lucas or Even Masten if money permits ...

You need to get some midpricers if you want any chance of making top 100.  I always play safe with GnR and finish top 1000 but when i look at the top teams each year they nailed the mid pricers either at the start or traded them in after round 1 or 2.

Footyrulz

thanks. however my strategy which ive developed over a few years is to get just a few mid priceers and they must be players who have previously been good scorers.
IMO they are useless unless they are keepers and score 90+ (unless they are near rookie price eg. porp)
because otherwise u are better getting a rookie and making more cash.
i also dont like guessing on brekouts cause if they dont breakout then u are much better off with a rookie to make u cash.
take no notice of whether my rookies are ijured or not cause they are no where near confirmed. i just want to wait until the teams come out.

tor01doc

Now we're getting some discussion.

I like your Buddha team - ie the middle path.

A few mid pricers is fun too.

Your comments about rookies is spot on.

Lake and Porps - excellent.

Just trade wisely and this team will beat a lot of those teams belonging to your critics.

He who laughs last, has more points.

Footyrulz

Thanks for the positive comments, although i found them quite confusing!

Buddha team?
Laughs last?

tor01doc

Buddha preached moderation in all things (of course there was no SC back then). Had there been SC he would have preached moderation in all things except SC. The Middle Path. Your team except your rucks!

Laughs last - when you beat your critics you will be laughing!

Good luck.