Anyone considering NICNAT?

Started by fever, March 14, 2012, 12:34:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fever

i suspect in a few years he'll be like cox/sandi of years gone by as an auto-selection, but at 503k is anyone looking at him for R2 (or even R1) for this year?

he has looked great so far this preseason and word is he'll be spening more time in the ruck and cox more time up fwd. worth a punt if you can jiggle room in the salary cap?

colmullet

he's worth a look i think but hes just so awkwardly priced

meow meow

Cox played forward so much because Kennedy and Lynch weren't playing.
Naitanui took more centre bounces than Cox last year, so there is nothing new there either.

I'd be more inclined to look at McEvoy, who you know will be number 1 ruck and have soooooo much opportunity to score.

djtranny

I am considering him but worried that he is too much of a risk. I doubt he will be consistent. He will pull some big scores but some low scores too, is he worth 500k?

mudgee

Have you considered Jacobs? No 1 ruckman for the crows, fairly easy draw and scores well against the weaker teams

penskifile

He is on my radar, would have to think he will improve on last year which could see him average around the 100 mark. It would be a slightly ballsy pick, but not without merrit. Maybe a WC double Cox/NicNat in the ruck....

cortez

The thing is nic nat is so young he is only going to improve so i dont see any risk at all in picking him. he will not drop in price the big question is how much will he rise?

itchytradefinger

Agree with Cortez, it's simply a matter of how much will he improve? 

His ceiling is massive. You'd think that as he continues to gain experience, his horrible games will be fewer and further between.

enzedder

Cox is the Eagle you want...why would you get Nic Nat for that reason...bye?

Usman

the last week has revealed every single one of my uniques. Thanks. But seriously he has the potential to be THE top scoring ruck. I relly realy doubt he will this year. but im predicting a top 4 ruck by the end of the year. He has the potential with his clearence ability, pressure, hitouts, and marking ability to take that next step and average 105-110+. All he needs to do is find a little mroe of it. not bad considering last years pre season saw him running around with speakers in his ear basically still learning how to play football.

tkringle

I'm currently looking at a Mumford / Nic Nat combo this year.. havn't seen this combination in a lot of the sample teams so could be unique..

Usman

Quote from: tkringle on March 14, 2012, 05:47:55 PM
I'm currently looking at a Mumford / Nic Nat combo this year.. havn't seen this combination in a lot of the sample teams so could be unique..

i thought i was the only one that was going to use it lol. but im looking at a cox and Nic Nat combo now? still not sure.

twinkle

My team currently has a Cox, NinNat combo. Bye is a concern tho..

Colliwobblers

according to freako nicnats scores will explode in SC this season, i tend to believe him from what we have seen this season so far but he is no bargain pickup and if you want cox can you start both with the bye situation??

bomberboy0618

I'm considering a NicNat/McIntosh combo. It all depends on tonights game. My two potential ruckmen matching up on each other.