13 keepers theory

Started by Getcarta8, March 14, 2012, 12:09:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Getcarta8

My team, thoughts?                                                                                                                                                                                                Backs- goddard, bock, suckling, lake, dempsey, bower, ellis, smedts, darley.                                                                                              Mids- gaz, swan, boyd, selwood, hodge, miles, kerridge, kennedy(gws).                                                                                                              Rucks- cox, kreuzer, stephenson, redden.                                                                                                                                                   Forwards- buddy, martin, fyfe, porpoise, smith, pfeiffer, hampton, lamb, kerr.

Colliwobblers

Quote from: Getcarta8 on March 14, 2012, 12:09:34 AM
My team, thoughts?                                                                                                                                                                                                Backs- goddard, bock, suckling, lake, dempsey, bower, ellis, smedts, darley.                                                                                              Mids- gaz, swan, boyd, selwood, hodge, miles, kerridge, kennedy(gws).                                                                                                              Rucks- cox, kreuzer, stephenson, redden.                                                                                                                                                   Forwards- buddy, martin, fyfe, porpoise, smith, pfeiffer, hampton, lamb, kerr.

DEF: Bock out for first 2 games - great pick for 2012 tho. after the first three it gets risky Lake a good risk. Dempsey will be great value in his playmaking role if the knee holds up, bower is a bargain if he gets regular games.
MID: Would take Hodge out and make dempsey a 4th premium defender or porps a 4th premium fwd or both?
RUCK: solid kruezer should be #1 ruck and have a good season cox a must have.

I would ddefinately take hodge out and use the money in some way in the fwd or def lines. not sure hodge will be in the top 10 mids anyway so do you want him really?

Plus the extra gun rook in the mids is a big cash making cow lost to you if you start 5 premiums.

Good looking team tho, couple of risks in the backline but potentially great moves. GL and good for you making some unique picks. :)
FWD: Porps a bit light on for a 4th fwd but should also have a good season.

Bosh

It seems you have gone with too many risks/midpricers. Need an extra premo in back and forwards.

Getcarta8

I thought id actually done ok with the mid prices with only 4 and 2 of them potential keepers in lake and kreuzer. I have that about down grading a mid but that will just move a premium out of the mids and into the forward line. Which wont really change the overall look of the team as forwards are more inconsistant. Have thought of hodge for montagna who is underpriced this year.

johnnytheboy1

Your team has weaknesses in defence and the forward line.
Backs: Bock is no use to you as he is out the first 2 games unless you are going to use one of your emergencies in the first 2 games.You are 1 Gun short here
Mids: Probably 1 too many guns here as you have 5 and only cash cow starting.
Rucks: looks good should both score well.
Fwds: You are also also a Gun short here as you have Porps at F4.

Overall Your team will not be competitive enough to stay with the leaders as it has too much strength in one position when you need a good balance with 1 or 2 uniques. i give your team a 7/10

Getcarta8

Altered a couple-
Backs-goddard, shaw, suckling, lake, dempsey, bower, ellis, smedts, darley
Mids- gaz, swan, boyd, selwood, smith, miles, kennedy, kerridge
Rucks- cox, kreuzer, redden, stephenson
Forwards- buddy, fyfe, martin, zaharakis, porpoise, pfeiffer, hampten, kerr, lamb
Bit of cash left so zaharakis can become rioli or cloke but i like the unique pick. And hes a dpp

tor01doc

A bit light on back and front and ruck.

Hard to see many rookies making premium and a bit much to expect Lake and Bower and Porps to really improve such a lot.

Most teams have only one slightly weak line if they have 4 gun mids but you have weakish rucks, forwards and backs.

Spend some of that salary cap.